DoubleYou

I also noticed that bethini high sets it to 7, I read all sorts of stuff about raising this parameter having negative impact on the game. Is there any truth to that?

BethINI High does NOT set it to 7. It is not a recommended tweak and can cause issues.

ENBlocal.ini in the game folder did not have a borderless line or anything referencing windowed or fullscreen. I tried adding "borderless=0" and no luck.

I thought your game was borderless already? What are you trying to do?

I just want Windowed. I want to be able to move Skyrim to another monitor. I assumed borderless=0 would mean "not borderless". Tried switching it to 1 in case I had the values backwards in ENBlocal and no change either. So something is still overwriting BethINI.

BethINI High does NOT set it to 7. It is not a recommended tweak and can cause issues.

I thought your game was borderless already? What are you trying to do?

Must have been a previous setting I had then, it did warn me when I saved to set it back to 5 which I accepted. I did the ini change ingame as you instructed and works fine, thanks for your time on this :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I just started to use Bethini utility on Skyrim SE, my settings were set to bethini ultra, but I'm getting a bug when items like coins, gold pouches, ingredients, jewelery, etc... are disappearing from world on save/load. I reverted ini settings to vanilla, and this bug is gone. What can cause this? Do I need to start a new game to use bethini ini tweaks? Thanks.

Edited by lum1n

Hello! I just started to use Bethini utility on Skyrim SE, my settings were set to bethini ultra, but I'm getting a bug when items like coins, gold pouches, ingredients, jewelery, etc... are disappearing from world on save/load. I reverted ini settings to vanilla, and this bug is gone. What can cause this? Do I need to start a new game to use bethini ini tweaks? Thanks.

P.S. Seems like restarting a game and not reverting settings fixes it, still no idea what was the cause. I didn't mess with uGridstoLoad either. And it still happens randomly. Stick to vanilla inis for now.

Edited by lum1n

It sounds like you set item fade too low.

No, they were gone completely... After save/loads or multiple fast travels, I can load my previous savegame and these items are still there, but sometimes they are just absent. It doesn't matter if a savegame is old or new, I can play the game normally and then load my previous savegame just to notice that items are still there or gone. My modlist is short, USSEP, blended roads, weapon and armor fixes, and other texture/meshes replacers stuff without esp files. Location where I encountered disappearing items bug is Hela's Folly, there is a statue of dibella, some souls gems, and gems under the water, another location is Birna's Oddments, gold pouches and gold coins on her desk were gone on save/reload. I don't think it has anything to do with bethini, because it happened in vanilla. I was confused, because it happened right after I started to use bethini, but it's not related.

Edited by lum1n

• 3 weeks later...

Version 3.5

• Tooltip change: Added the performance cost to Antialiasing for Skyrim Special Edition.
  • Tooltip change: Added the performance cost to FXAA for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition.
  • Tooltip change: Added the performance cost to Land Shadows for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition.
  • Tooltip change: Added the performance cost to Shadow Resolution for Skyrim Special Edition.
  • Tooltip change: Added the performance cost to Detailed Draw Distance for Skyrim Special Edition.
  • Tooltip change: Added the performance cost to Exterior Draw Distance for Skyrim Special Edition.
  • Tooltip change: Added the performance cost to Godrays for Skyrim Special Edition.
  • New Tweak: 64-Bit Render Targets under Basic for Skyrim Special Edition.
  • New Tweak: Screen Space Reflections under Detail for Skyrim Special Edition.
  • New Tweak: Resolution Divider (for screen space reflections) under Detail for Skyrim Special Edition.
  • Tweaked tweak: FPS (aka Havok fix) tweak now only changes fMaxTime. Research has shown that this is the only value that needs changed.
  • Unlocked tweak: FPS (aka Havok fix) for all games (previously only enabled for Skyrim Special Edition).
  • Unlocked tweak: Clamped for all games (previously only enabled for Skyrim Special Edition).
  • Added mod-suggested INI tweaks for JohnnyWang's Mountain Z Fight Patch.

Why does Bethini discourage me from setting ugrids above 5?  

Also, is ugrids supposed to be adjustable in odd #s only?  That's all I can change, I can't set ugrids to 6, for example.  The value will change to an odd number.

I want to increase my long-distance view / draw distance, and increasing ugrids seems to be the only viable way of doing that.

Because setting uGridsToLoad above 5 is highly discouraged, since it can cause issues. But some people use it to good effect, so I have included it. It is far better to use DynDoLOD to extend your distant visuals.

You probably need to read more about the setting if you don't understand why it has to be set to an odd number.