Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hi Everyone!

I just created an account to be able to post here and say thank you for all the hard work with this guide and all the information in this thread. I finished setting it all up yesterday and it looks and feels great! I still have some minor niggles to deal with and some tweaking to do but all in all I am very happy.

I did start with some experience (I will admit I was a convinced NMM User) and I have learnt so much, especially that MO2 really is the better choice and way more flexible. So thank you to all of you for this experience.

I will be following the developments closely and will happily post any issues I might have. I originally did have an issue with the wrye bash bit, but that got updated a day later and all was good ;)

Keep it up and again, thanks for all your efforts!

~Edit~

For New Modders: Make sure you follow the Prerequisites closely and have a clean setup and install base of the game and all the tools as described, it will save you some issues and confusion down the line.

Edited by Svalinn

I can confirm, my situation was I had my mod organiser at the root of my HDD for the downloads. Because I dont want to use space on my SSD. So i created a mod folder inside my skyrim (which is like 9 folders deep).

GenerateFNIS_for_Users.exe also had a similar problem where if your mod organiser mod directory is too deep into a directory it will not function. 

I just copied my mods to the base directory of the mod organiser (Which i cut to my SSD from my HDD). Changed the preferences and taadaah. Ran relinker and it worked.

Thanks for the help guys!

Glad you got it worked out and Lexy was right about the path length, instead of going through it with me and painful way of doing things!

Edited by Kneph13

Here's a curious release to investigate: PrivateProfileRedirector SE - Faster game start (INI file cacher)

Supposedly, Skyrim is inexplicably incredibly inefficient about how it references your ini files when loading--according to this, it checks every single line item setting of your ini files once... for each plugin you have active. 

This SKSE plugin purports to giving Skyrim a boot to the rear to make that process more efficient, and boasts potentially shaving 20 - 40 seconds off of your Skyrim boot time depending on your plugin load.  Most curious!

I do have one possible Issue that someone may have come across before:

After starting my game I got attacked by some wolves. I killed them but some of their legs kept twitching/jerking around which looks really wierd. 

I can't quite remember if I had the same thing in Vanilla (and I know that skyrim does do some wierd things occasionally) but is there something I can do do counteract that?

I did run FNIS correctly and all the display settings are correct (vsynch locked to 60 etc).

Maybe someone has a tip?

I do have one possible Issue that someone may have come across before:

After starting my game I got attacked by some wolves. I killed them but some of their legs kept twitching/jerking around which looks really wierd. 

I can't quite remember if I had the same thing in Vanilla (and I know that skyrim does do some wierd things occasionally) but is there something I can do do counteract that?

I did run FNIS correctly and all the display settings are correct (vsynch locked to 60 etc).

Maybe someone has a tip?

All of the wolves or just one?

I still get that occasionally and not just animals.  Humans too.  But it's usually only one and it stops after a few seconds.  I just write it off as my hapless victim having death throes.  Makes my day almost as much as kill moves.

Havok weirdness, not sure you can do anything about it. Check out this little treasure of a video LOL

Ha Ha.  Gopher's last one with the, "Skulls?  Noone said anything about collecting skulls!   Inigo?"  I almost fell out of my chair.

Havok weirdness, not sure you can do anything about it. Check out this little treasure of a video LOL

Hahahaha, enter the new Dwemer Pan Scarab Enemy :D :D

All of the wolves or just one?

I still get that occasionally and not just animals.  Humans too.  But it's usually only one and it stops after a few seconds.  I just write it off as my hapless victim having death throes.  Makes my day almost as much as kill moves.

Ha Ha.  Gopher's last one with the, "Skulls?  Noone said anything about collecting skulls!   Inigo?"  I almost fell out of my chair.

Umm, from the pack of 5 or 6 Wolves it happened to 2 of them. So I guess it is just a hiccup - will keep an eye on it as I keep playing. Maybe I am only noticing it now because everything is so new and shiny with all these mods :D ;)

Installs last mod on list after 3 days. Goes to make dinner. Comes back to find entire list has been permanently reordered alphabetically. Watches child beat a hasty retreat... Thanks, daughter. I absolutely love the idea of manually reordering my modlist. I mean, it's only 615 entries. How long could that take? She's lucky I'm waiting for Kaidan 2.0 to drop and had no expectations in actually playing anytime soon. 

First-world trauma's aside, after reinstalling a fresh copy of Merge Plugins, I cannot get it to recognize my MO2 installation when setting up paths. It refuses to let me save the information while I have "I'm using MO" selected. I looked for information on the issue, but no one who has had it has gotten any response. Han anyone here? I went in and manually edited the settings.ini. I just hope that that is as deep as the issue goes. 

Thank you for the guide, btw. I've used it for as long as it's been around in LE and just made the switch to SE, now that most of my "must haves" have been checked off. All your hard work makes it so much less complicated on my end. ♥ 

Edited by mycenia

I posted a couple days ago about an issue installing mods with MO2, then seemingly fixing it. But problems are back. I'm having nothing but problems with MO2. I've followed the instructions to the exact letter. Installed to the root drive of my G drive (SSD for games), reinstalled it 3 times.

The issue is when I download a mod, any mod, it shows up in the right pane under the downloads tab, but is empty, shows 0 KB, no matter what mod I try. So obviously it can't be installed. I've verified the paths are correct. I'm just baffled. Anyone have any ideas?

I posted a couple days ago about an issue installing mods with MO2, then seemingly fixing it. But problems are back. I'm having nothing but problems with MO2. I've followed the instructions to the exact letter. Installed to the root drive of my G drive (SSD for games), reinstalled it 3 times.

The issue is when I download a mod, any mod, it shows up in the right pane under the downloads tab, but is empty, shows 0 KB, no matter what mod I try. So obviously it can't be installed. I've verified the paths are correct. I'm just baffled. Anyone have any ideas?

Best place to ask would be on MO's Discord, link should be on the Nexus page.

I have a question in regards to the Realistic Water Two Patch. The merge page states that the files to be merged are

• RealisticWaterTwo.esp - (Realistic Water Two)
  • RealisticWaterTwo - iNeed.esp - (Realistic Water Two)
  • RealisticWaterTwo - Watercolor.esp - (Realistic Water Two)

However on the mod download guide it states that the second two files, patches for iNeed and Watercolor, are not necessary if you plan to install keep it clean, which I did.

Notice:If you plan to install the mod Keep It Clean Later on you don't need the iNeed and Watercolour for iNeed Patches

Do I still need to make the merge or do I just skip this merge as it would be redundant? Thanks in advance for the help.