Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Question regarding Wheels of Lull and Undeath:

I tried going through the previous posts in this topic, but am still confused -

For Wheels of Lull -

Whatever CTD's/crashes/freezes it causes - is it within the mod content only? Be it items or spells it adds, or be it within quests/worldspaces?

Or can it cause crashes in the vanilla content/world/regular gameplay as well?

Because if its the former then I plan to add it and just console command through spots where errors happen lol.

The latter would be the true deal breaker...welp. And the last post by Trainwiz indicating any signs towards an update, if I am right, was in December 2017 ;_;

For Undeath -

Am I understanding correctly that the good guy end of the quest is bugged and can't be finished? Literally just interested in the quest here TBH. Being a Lich has no real interest for me.

Thankfully at least in this case there is an update incoming. No date from what I can tell, but its coming.

HUZZAH!

-----

Other random Q's, if they are alright to ask:

Has any tried the LE version of this guide with KS Stronger Dragons, Darkend, Spectraverse/Dwemertech/Wyrmstooth/Ravengate?

....and um, anyone who can draw comparisons between Advanced Adversary Encounters and Skyrim Complete Enemy Overhaul?

CEO sounds slightly better from the one or two comments I could find, and it, plus an upcoming update to Undeath and OMEGA(because that revolves around CEO and won't ever exist for Classic) are pretty much the only reason I am still hovering between modding Classic Skyrim or waiting two months and then modding Special Edition.

These latter questions were posted on the classic guide's thread, figured I might try posting them here, if anyone has any thoughts on em at all.

------

Final question and possibly the most stupefying one: ....how feasible is it to use this guide and its classic equivalent without actually utilizing Legacy of the Dragonborn?

Like, can I still use the patches you guys have provided in some form without actually utilizing LOTD? >_>;

I will settle and just get LOTD too and never play it if I can't, just thought I would ask once >3>;

I'd really really like to know this as well? 

I'm REALLY baffled about this one: Interesting NPC's character Korrilan, who gets his own new place in Riften The House of Garments, has spawned naked and half-embedded in the floor in my game.  No mods are affecting his records in xEdit whatsoever, he's purely there (and his cell is purely there) via Interesting NPCs by itself.  First time I've seen something like this particular chestnut, I have no idea how to begin troubleshooting this one.

I'm REALLY baffled about this one: Interesting NPC's character Korrilan, who gets his own new place in Riften The House of Garments, has spawned naked and half-embedded in the floor in my game. No mods are affecting his records in xEdit whatsoever, he's purely there (and his cell is purely there) via Interesting NPCs by itself. First time I've seen something like this particular chestnut, I have no idea how to begin troubleshooting this one.

I had the same issue. I left, went back in and he was then stuck naked under the counter. I then left and went back in and he was fine and has been since. Very weird.

EDIT: Also, this has happened with every game I've started under this guide where I've ended up in Riften, with exactly the same results. Three times of entering the shop and he is then clothed and standing behind the counter as normal.

I don't think it has anything to do with the guide, though. Maybe a 3DNPC/SSE issue? Never tried SSE before this guide, but I never had this bug in LE.

Edited by CastlemanRC

I'm REALLY baffled about this one: Interesting NPC's character Korrilan, who gets his own new place in Riften The House of Garments, has spawned naked and half-embedded in the floor in my game.  No mods are affecting his records in xEdit whatsoever, he's purely there (and his cell is purely there) via Interesting NPCs by itself.  First time I've seen something like this particular chestnut, I have no idea how to begin troubleshooting this one.

his XYZ position data might be slightly off or another mod might have edited the cell but cos it has changed to a different formid then Interesting NPC it won't show as a conflict in xEdit but will in game. I noticed the same issue with Anum-La she was spawned halfway inside a tree.

Hi,

Thank you everyone for your hard work on this project!!

But I have a question about using Wrye Bash to make the final merge, instead of MergePlugins.  Does ReLinker pick up mods that have been merged into the Bashed Patch?  There is at least 1 mod (RaceMenu) that is being merged into my Bashed Patch that has a script that references its own .ESP file name. there may be more, especially if people add their own mods to supplement this guide.  When we were using MergePlugins to create the Pre Smashed Patch merge, then ReLinker would recompile affected scripts updating from the mod's original .ESP filename to the merged mod's filename.  If we create a Bashed Patch instead of the Pre-Smashed Patch from a previous version of the guide, will ReLinker still be able to recompile the affected scripts accordingly??

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards,

dan.

Hi,

Thank you everyone for your hard work on this project!!

But I have a question about using Wrye Bash to make the final merge, instead of MergePlugins.  Does ReLinker pick up mods that have been merged into the Bashed Patch?  There is at least 1 mod (RaceMenu) that is being merged into my Bashed Patch that has a script that references its own .ESP file name. there may be more, especially if people add their own mods to supplement this guide.  When we were using MergePlugins to create the Pre Smashed Patch merge, then ReLinker would recompile affected scripts updating from the mod's original .ESP filename to the merged mod's filename.  If we create a Bashed Patch instead of the Pre-Smashed Patch from a previous version of the guide, will ReLinker still be able to recompile the affected scripts accordingly??

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards,

dan.

yes Relinker should pick it up but you could always add a "Nomerge" tag to it's esps

As simple as that. When I had the bug, I didn't have to go back to a previous save. We are not sure you have the same bug though.

Thank you, that fixed it.  Not that he'll buy anything from me though, I'm using Economy Overhaul and Speech Improvements...talk about making the game tough!  Thanks again, that was an easy fix and I would have never figured out that JK was causing the problem on my own.

Thank you, that fixed it. Not that he'll buy anything from me though, I'm using Economy Overhaul and Speech Improvements...talk about making the game tough! Thanks again, that was an easy fix and I would have never figured out that JK was causing the problem on my own.

You're welcome, happy to help [emoji846] it's weird that JKs can cause that bug.

The only time I've had that error was with downloads that got corrupted. Can you open the archives manually with 7zip/winrar? If that's not the case I'm not sure what else it might be.

Thanks, I seem to have fixed it. Somehow I got my downloads path messed up, fixed that and now it works fine :)

So I'm almost done installing the guide, leaving out maybe 15% of the plugins that aren't masters for the conflict patches. 

One quick question and something I'm curious about - 

People usually warn against not using tons of scripted mods together, particularly wet/cold, frostfall, etc. Do you guys really run all this with next to no issues? No random CTDs? And if so, is there a limit to how big the save can get before it all goes to hell?

So I'm almost done installing the guide, leaving out maybe 15% of the plugins that aren't masters for the conflict patches. 

One quick question and something I'm curious about - 

People usually warn against not using tons of scripted mods together, particularly wet/cold, frostfall, etc. Do you guys really run all this with next to no issues? No random CTDs? And if so, is there a limit to how big the save can get before it all goes to hell?

Script load with regards to Papyrus etc. has gotten dramatically better since the early days of Skyrim modding.  Generally speaking, folks have gotten considerably more savvy with handling the scripting itself over the years, in addition to the higher potential overhead of Skyrim moving to 64-bit, etc.--overall it's left Skyrim a lot more 'robust' in handling a heavier script workload.  Add to that SKSE progress and for many of the noted mods years of tuning and 'script scares' from old school Skyrim are largely a thing of the past.

You're still open to tripping your game up if you introduce badly done scripts into your game, but the ones this mod list calls for (LoTD has something like 24,000 scripts) run pretty much fine provided you're following the good practices axioms of not uninstalling mods mid-playthrough, etc.