Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

My advice, never be in a hurry with this build. The day before yesterday I completed it and did all the MCM menu configs, chose a LAL start and thought I was finally going to play... Only to find that not one NPC responded when I talked to them. Tried to remove the most obvious suspects, no luck. Was so frustrated I had to give it a rest for a day. When I came back I had this feeling I might have merged something I shouldn't so I removed my extra "miscellaneous 2" merge, tested and everything was fine... Turns out I had included the new Blocksteal in that merge despite the fact that it does have a dll and it's generally ill-advised to merge those. Rebuilt the merge without blocksteal, it works. Sounds simple but in the end it delayed me at least two days from actually playing, and I'll have to do the MCM config all over again. And I'm almost sure something else will happen because, like you, I'm customizing a lot (even though I feel this is the closest I've ever come to the full guide). Build the full guide, you'll probably be another happy player with an extremely heavy AND STABLE build. Change stuff and you're probably in for a lot of conflict resolving on your own. People here are usually happy to help you even though, really, we should thing our support would be forfeited by doing things our own way. But even with help, it's a lot of going back, rebuilding things, testing, rinse and repeat a lot of times. When I came back to Skyrim today and before trying that particular merge, I was ready to start removing packs of mods until I found the culprit, I just got lucky with the first one I removed being the actual problem. Welcome to modding HELL! :D

On a more serious note, I'm not SURE that you won't have any problems with not generating lods again, but you might not always get away with it. Especially if your mod makes terrain edits, dyndolod will probably "un-make" them because it's loading last. Buildable home mods, like Tel Nalta or the Blackthorn village, even need new dyndolod after you build them. Even the hearthfires homes may need it. I really wouldn't worry too much about 30 minutes with dyndolod and I'd even run xLODGen again if there are terrain edits involved (although xLODGen deals with meshes and mod terrain edits are handled by the plugin, I have no idea how the two interact and would prefer not to wast time realizing that they conflict, so I'd simply run it all when adding new stuff.

Yea, makes sense. What I have is pretty darn close to the original, I just took out all the Arthmoor villages except dragon bridge (it was a master for a custom merge), small things like the lighthouse, skinney chimneys, whatever. I made sure I installed anything that was a master for the downloadable merges. Otherwise, with the custom merges there were some patches I left out because I didn't want the original mod (books of skyrim) but these were pretty few, I mostly went by the book. I've added no new merges of my own, only added to two existing merges - a crap load more weapons and armor mods including some I ported that worked in my last game (no level list ones though), and a bunch of extra legacy patches for mods I want to use with legacy but weren't included in the guide. Here's to hoping Wheels of Lull works well enough to get through lol. I'm generating the last lods now so will soon fire it up for testing :D

"Never be in a hurry" is excellent advice, godescalcus. I decided to do a full install exactly by the guide and I still have run into issues. I'm currently in the process of making a seriously toned-down 100-or-less plugin profile that includes all of the LoTD support mods to screw around on when my head is ready to explode from troubleshooting.  :wallbash:

Holy balls is it always going to take forever to load !? lol 

For me, yes, with a medium-to-high-level system. The best part is if you're not fast traveling, you hardly ever have to deal with those nasty load times. 

"Never be in a hurry" is excellent advice, godescalcus. I decided to do a full install exactly by the guide and I still have run into issues. I'm currently in the process of making a seriously toned-down 100-or-less plugin profile that includes all of the LoTD support mods to screw around on when my head is ready to explode from troubleshooting.  :wallbash:

For me, yes, with a medium-to-high-level system. The best part is if you're not fast traveling, you hardly ever have to deal with those nasty load times. 

Only thing is, my first approach to Darth's guide for LE was to strip it down to bare bones and not install most of the stuff. Turns out I always had problems, even though I could still play till I got bored. Guess what, the full guide was more stable! Even fps was better, although a heavier build. Since I realized that, I've tried to remove as little as possible. Usually a few of the most script intensive mods get the axe on my build. I go with the rest and only have to worry about what I add, not so much what I leave out.

This build expects a certain load order, loot won't deviate much if there's only a few different mods but it can give you a wildly different LO if there are many differences. Some mods you remove may be supporting loot rules for other mods and you may not remember it when you remove them. Then loot will not have that reference and may place the other mod much earlier.

Godescalcus is often the man!  I'm loving his Texture tweaks.  It's something I do after I know my game is fairly stable and I start tweaking what I like and don't like texture wise.

~Edit~ Fast travel is for pussycats.  Do you want immersion?  Walk or ride your horse to wherever you need to go.  Carts are okay though.

Edited by Kneph13

don't do pickpocketing so don't care.

Maybe you don't do pickpocketing but in order to fill the museum with a select few items you either need to kill the targets if they are killable and not essential, or pick their pockets, or use the console command to gain the item. The mod I'm referring to is called Royal Armory - New Artifacts and figured this was a nice mod.

Thanks guys :) my system is rocking an 11gb 1080 TI so if it takes long to boot up it’s not going any faster hahaha. But once in game the load screens are pretty short.

Couple last questions I’d anyone wouldn’t mind?

So I’ve installed probably 85% of the guide and a handful of quest mods I had in my last play through. I’ve been play testing for a few hours coc to lots of different places to check for crashes, running around trying some quests, etc.

Right now when I try to run up the docks in solitude...I’m missing a damn staircase to go up to the city and in place of it are 2 NPCs, and argonian named Salty something and another dude named Aquelius something. I’m guessing it’s a conflict with an NPC mod? Not sure how to go about troubleshooting and I don’t think it’s from anything I installed which is mostly new lands stuff anyway. Any ideas would be appreciated ! Probably a simple edit in SSEedit if I know what to target or do?

Lastly, racemenu works pretty well but I did get a CTD when I was messing with the body slider. Any ideas how to fix that ?

Thanks in advance !

Right now when I try to run up the docks in solitude...I’m missing a damn staircase to go up to the city and in place of it are 2 NPCs, and argonian named Salty something and another dude named Aquelius something. I’m guessing it’s a conflict with an NPC mod? Not sure how to go about troubleshooting and I don’t think it’s from anything I installed which is mostly new lands stuff anyway. Any ideas would be appreciated ! Probably a simple edit in SSEedit if I know what to target or do?

Right now it seems like you have another mod in the Solitude area that conflicts at the docks. Could be a location, could be one of those quest mods.

Alright, let's get started.

First, search the Mods folder for merged plugins.
              Mod list parsed: [##################################################] 100.0% Done
                     Progress: [##################################################] 100.0% Done
Found merges at ---- Heads Up Display Merged
Found merges at ---- Even Better Quest Objectives Patches Merged
Found merges at ---- Weather Systems Merged
Found merges at ---- Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged
Found merges at ---- Snazzy Overhaul Patches Merged
Found merges at ---- No Snow Under The Roof Merged
Found merges at ---- Realistic Water Two Merged
Found merges at ---- Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged
Found merges at ---- White Forest Borealis Patches Merged
Found merges at ---- Trees and Flora Merged
Found merges at ---- Landscape Fixes For Grass Patches Merged
Found merges at ---- Farmhouse Chimneys Merged
Found merges at ---- Blowing In The Wind Merged
Found merges at ---- Faces Merged
Found merges at ---- Miscellaneous Merged
Found merges at ---- Relationship Dialogue Overhaul Merged
Found merges at ---- Animals Merged
Found merges at ---- Weapons & Armours Merged
Found merges at ---- Audio Patches Merged
Found merges at ---- Keep It Clean Merged
Found merges at ---- KYE Patches Merged
Found merges at ---- MLU Patches Merged
Found merges at ---- YOT - Your Own Thoughts Merged
Found merges at ---- CLARALUX Patches Merged
Found merges at ---- Typo Patches Merged
Found merges at ---- RS Children Patches Merged
Found merges at ---- Conflict Resolution Merged

Process merge maps.
                     Progress: [##################################################] 100.0% Done
First, get the mod list.
              Mod list parsed: [##################################################] 100.0% Done

Get the BSA extraction order.
    Adding loose files' order: [##################################################] 100.0% Done
           Adding BSA's order: [##################################################] 100.0% Done
          Finding BSA's paths: [##################################################] 100.0% Done

Extract BSA's and copy loose files.
             Extracting BSA's: [##################################################] 100.0% Done
          Copying loose files: [#########################-------------------------] 50.0% Done  File "<string>", line 288, in <module>
  File "site-packages\spluff\__main__.py", line 344, in main
  File "site-packages\spluff\__main__.py", line 65, in recursive_overwrite
  File "site-packages\spluff\__main__.py", line 65, in recursive_overwrite
  File "site-packages\spluff\__main__.py", line 67, in recursive_overwrite
  File "shutil.py", line 114, in copyfile

<class 'FileNotFoundError'>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim Special Edition\\[Mod Organiser Mods]\\[2.8 Trees Flora and Grass] Enhanced Landscapes - Oaks Standalone - Marsh Pines - Dilon Vul\\textures\\terrain\\lodgen\\Enhanced Landscapes Oaks Standalone.esp\\0acq_hfr_treeoak03_000012c4.dds'
Press Enter to exit...

Having a problem with relinker I followed the instructions all up to this point. Anyone know what to do?

Are you using Relinker 40?  Some people were having issues with 44, that 's the first thing I'd check. 

~Edit~ One thing I see is DilonVu for standalone oaks.  Are you sure you installed ELOS Oaks Autumn Colours SSE v2.2?  It is the second file from the top

Edited by Kneph13

I used the newest relinker first after I downloaded version 40 and still the same error

~Edit~ One thing I see is DilonVu for standalone oaks.  Are you sure you installed ELOS Oaks Autumn Colours SSE v2.2?  It is the second file from the top

Yes I just checked, I had a issue with one of the other tools because my mods directory which I made a custom directory for was too deep so windows had a problem with it. So im just making changes to where its located back to mod organisers 2 default mods directory. (Moving Mod organiser from hdd to my ssd). See if that makes a difference.

I can confirm, my situation was I had my mod organiser at the root of my HDD for the downloads. Because I dont want to use space on my SSD. So i created a mod folder inside my skyrim (which is like 9 folders deep).

GenerateFNIS_for_Users.exe also had a similar problem where if your mod organiser mod directory is too deep into a directory it will not function. 

I just copied my mods to the base directory of the mod organiser (Which i cut to my SSD from my HDD). Changed the preferences and taadaah. Ran relinker and it worked.

Thanks for the help guys!