Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

So much less snow in the city - not sure I like that idea...

I agree, but it's always possible to take choose textures from either

Do remember that you guys are using HD LOD's which is based on Noble textures... so significant alterations to loaded textures can cause some weird effects as areas load in.  I was using SRO as my base previously without Noble or HD LOD's, but have been experimenting with laying Noble overtop of SRO recently - I think there is some very nice potential using both and being very selective with which mod you allow through in which area, but the issue (if you perceive it to be an issue - I do, at least a little) is that you almost need custom LOD's for certain texture combinations.  

Some of that can be mitigated by being selective about which textures you are allowing through of course, and further by hiding textures in HD LOD's in order to allow DynDOLOD Resources vanilla LOD textures through... that's getting pretty finicky though.

Aren't our lods competely regenerated by xLODGen and DynDOLOD?

A couple of Quick Noob Question for all you experienced modders out there:

1) If I add a mod to my finished installation do I generally have to rebuild the bashed, smash etc patches?

2) I presume if I add a mod that changes the landscape or textures I need to rerun texgen, xLodGen and DynDOLOD?

3) Does it make a huge difference if I do not run relinker? For some strange reason it keeps on throwing errors, everything else works just fine. I read the tool description and am not fully clear on how essential it really is.

Thanks for the help!

A couple of Quick Noob Question for all you experienced modders out there:

1) If I add a mod to my finished installation do I generally have to rebuild the bashed, smash etc patches?

2) I presume if I add a mod that changes the landscape or textures I need to rerun texgen, xLodGen and DynDOLOD?

3) Does it make a huge difference if I do not run relinker? For some strange reason it keeps on throwing errors, everything else works just fine. I read the tool description and am not fully clear on how essential it really is.

Thanks for the help!

1. yes

2. yes

3. In nutshell, Relinker fixes broken scripts when adding certain scripted mods to a merge. For example, GIST scripts brake cos the esp is merged and the script cannot find the original esp; Relinker fixes that.

Installs last mod on list after 3 days. Goes to make dinner. Comes back to find entire list has been permanently reordered alphabetically. Watches child beat a hasty retreat... Thanks, daughter. I absolutely love the idea of manually reordering my modlist. I mean, it's only 615 entries. How long could that take? She's lucky I'm waiting for Kaidan 2.0 to drop and had no expectations in actually playing anytime soon. 

First-world trauma's aside, after reinstalling a fresh copy of Merge Plugins, I cannot get it to recognize my MO2 installation when setting up paths. It refuses to let me save the information while I have "I'm using MO" selected. I looked for information on the issue, but no one who has had it has gotten any response. Han anyone here? I went in and manually edited the settings.ini. I just hope that that is as deep as the issue goes. 

Thank you for the guide, btw. I've used it for as long as it's been around in LE and just made the switch to SE, now that most of my "must haves" have been checked off. All your hard work makes it so much less complicated on my end. ♥ 

If you can't click okay in the MP settings, you need to set Mod Organizer to portable mode.

1. yes

2. yes

3. In nutshell, Relinker fixes broken scripts when adding certain scripted mods to a merge. For example, GIST scripts brake cos the esp is merged and the script cannot find the original esp; Relinker fixes that.

Cheers Lexy, thanks for the quick reply!

If you can't click okay in the MP settings, you need to set Mod Organizer to portable mode.

This was exactly it, thank you. I always install portable, so I didn't even think to check that. Not sure what the heck I was doing the last time. 

I followed your Guide religiously, and it seems the only problem I experienced,  is that Merge Plugins does not copy all the assets for the "Landscape environment and clutter merge" particularly the Majestic Mountains textures. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

Just a quick notice: In the current Mod Order Vivid Landscapes - LOD Correction is fully overwritten by Majestic Mountains.

Since Majestic Mountains gets merged into Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged, and the merge is also below Vivid Landscapes the tamriel.objects_n.dds will never be loaded and could be ommited from the download instructions.

Edited by Sekhmet3713

So I gave this a try and had major issues running skse - my setup could not find all mods etc.

For Example, I have the spinning main menu logo which got loaded correctly but the textures were not loaded.

When I deactivated the plugin it all worked fine again.

Most likely needs more investigation/tweaking but I prefer waiting a few seconds longer and having a stable load :D

I gave it a whirl last night and I had zero issues.. it cut about 10 or more seconds on load times in my case. +

Having a blast in game now I have finally been able to play.

Ive only come across one issue. Argonians and Khajits (male and female) do not have feet.

https://imgur.com/megZUsc (Croped Image) (No footwear)

https://imgur.com/U0OuxQf (No footwear)

https://imgur.com/uD0dACN (With Shoes)

If anyone has any idea where to start to fix this problem that be much appreciated. (Its only a very little nitpic because it doesnt matter when you wear boots or shoes)

Hi again,

I have a question about how the Wrye Bash makes the merged plugins portion of the bashed patch.  

So after I made my bashed patch and it deactivated the mods that it 'merged' I viewed all the deactivated mods together with the Bashed Patch in SSEEdit -- mainly because I have quite a few mods I have added to my own load order and I wanted to see if there were any conflicting records in the Bashed Patch that needed to be sorted out before the mods were deactivated and gone.  But when I did that I found that not all the records in the mods that were selected to be merged were actually copied.

It seems that any records from the mods to be merged that were overrides and were in yellow in SSEEdit were copied into the Bashed Patch, but any records in red that were conflicts were not.  Essentially the result is that the conflict is won by the second to last mod that changed the record, instead of the last.  The easiest group to see this from is the Soul Gem group -- both Immersive Sounds - Compendium and RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Special Edition modify these records, RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Special Edition is the last on the mod list and also is deactivated after being included in the Bashed Patch -- but the Soul Gem records are not copied into the Bashed Patch -- leaving Immersive Sounds - Compendium as the conflict winner.

Is this the intended behaviour of the Bashed Patch?  Or a bug?

Regards,

dan.

@Godescalcus - I honestly don't know the specifics here, but it is my understanding that DynDOLOD/xLODGen/TexGen are only capable of generating certain types of meshes/textures for LOD, and that generally does not include architecture.  That's why we use stuff like tree billboards and HD LOD's - to provide DynDOLOD with ready-made resources to use.

If you look at DynDOLOD or TexGen output mods, there are few conflicts with HD LOD's.

Having a blast in game now I have finally been able to play.

Ive only come across one issue. Argonians and Khajits (male and female) do not have feet.

https://imgur.com/megZUsc (Croped Image) (No footwear)

https://imgur.com/U0OuxQf (No footwear)

https://imgur.com/uD0dACN (With Shoes)

If anyone has any idea where to start to fix this problem that be much appreciated. (Its only a very little nitpic because it doesnt matter when you wear boots or shoes)

that cos you forget to remove the beast race meshes from Windsong Or you have not update to the latest verison of the NPC Retexture merge i provide

Hi again,

I have a question about how the Wrye Bash makes the merged plugins portion of the bashed patch.  

So after I made my bashed patch and it deactivated the mods that it 'merged' I viewed all the deactivated mods together with the Bashed Patch in SSEEdit -- mainly because I have quite a few mods I have added to my own load order and I wanted to see if there were any conflicting records in the Bashed Patch that needed to be sorted out before the mods were deactivated and gone.  But when I did that I found that not all the records in the mods that were selected to be merged were actually copied.

It seems that any records from the mods to be merged that were overrides and were in yellow in SSEEdit were copied into the Bashed Patch, but any records in red that were conflicts were not.  Essentially the result is that the conflict is won by the second to last mod that changed the record, instead of the last.  The easiest group to see this from is the Soul Gem group -- both Immersive Sounds - Compendium and RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Special Edition modify these records, RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Special Edition is the last on the mod list and also is deactivated after being included in the Bashed Patch -- but the Soul Gem records are not copied into the Bashed Patch -- leaving Immersive Sounds - Compendium as the conflict winner.

Is this the intended behaviour of the Bashed Patch?  Or a bug?

Regards,

dan.

sound like a bug on your end I have looked at Rustic Soul gem and it has merged ok into my Bash Patch. the conflict bewteen Rustic soul gem and  Immersive Sounds - Compendium is also covered by my main CR