Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

1. yes

2. yes

3. In nutshell, Relinker fixes broken scripts when adding certain scripted mods to a merge. For example, GIST scripts brake cos the esp is merged and the script cannot find the original esp; Relinker fixes that.

Does this mean that you actually can merge quest mods if you use relinker to relink the scripts?

Hello. I was just curious. Im wondering how far along you are on the guide. I definitely want to install it but I am going to wait until you are mostly done with adding mods so I dont have to redo it later. Also thanks for putting it together!

Hello. I was just curious. Im wondering how far along you are on the guide. I definitely want to install it but I am going to wait until you are mostly done with adding mods so I dont have to redo it later. Also thanks for putting it together!

Each version of the guide is pretty stable and playable, despite being considered beta. I think you can safely play it and come back to update only when you've finished your playthrough, unless you absolutely need any of the mods that hasn't been added yet.

Just finished installing everything again because I had still some issues with missing ground BUT NOW IT WORKS PERFECT!! Thank you so much for this guide (maybe I'll stop using SRLE Legendary!!)

It's many times I installed the guide and I have some suggestions again :

1. fdefaultfov=85.00 was missing (even after bethini) in  : SkyrimPrefs.ini 

I suggest you add it to the prerequisite ini section, just to be sure everybody got it (I have installed from scratch Skyrim SE in Steam and all the way up many times and it was always missing... (in windows 10 and windows 7). So I'm sure it's not only me that might have this issue).  When it's missing, texts in books and trade and other dialogues were missing in the game.

2. I had to do a LOOT sorting just before doing the farmhouse MERGE.

I don't know what is the reason but I mention it in case others had the same. The plugins were not in the right order to do this merge and I installed all mods one by one and activated them accordingly. I always move plugins to merge at the bottom of the list in the right order of the guide as mentioned in the guide, and that is very strange but I was not able to it before a loot sorting...

Have a great weekend !

I agree, but it's always possible to take choose textures from either

Aren't our lods competely regenerated by xLODGen and DynDOLOD?

for me personally I may do a bit of a custom mix, not as much as Riften, but I do think a couple things from Windhelm HD look better. like whichever rock/whatever texture covers the chimney in the inn, seems to hide the crappy model underneath better. the other one has such large blocks that it doesn't always look good on smaller areas.

anyway I have a few snow compares I'm working on, other than that if there's something you want to see let me know.

On the LOD / custom texture combo issue, regarding HD LOD's / architecture from Sheson;

'To generate pre-rendered LOD textures you need to create side views of the objects in a similar way like tree billboards are created. Then merge and edit the side views in an image program.'

So yeah HD LOD's is doing some things that cannot be achieved by programs like TexGen or xLODGen.  So for a lot of the buildings in Skyrim, Noble is the texture set our LOD is based on, and making alterations to Noble in that way (overwriting it or allowing it to be overwritten) will create some weird LOD transitions.

It's still possible to pick and choose between SRO (which is pretty much an enhanced vanilla) and Noble by hiding corresponding textures in HD LOD's and letting DynDOLOD Resources through... but again that can only go so far, and is a decent amount of work finding all the corresponding textures.

Does this mean that you actually can merge quest mods if you use relinker to relink the scripts?

Relinker re-links certain functions like Game.GetFormFromFile.

Lets say ModA has a function that looks for the file name of ModB.

If you merge ModA, the function is intact because the name of ModB is the same.

However, if you merge ModB, the file name changes. This causes the function in ModA to no longer find ModB since its name has changed. Relinker changes the script in ModA to point to the new filename and the new formid of the now merged ModB.

As for quest mods, the difficulty is not because of the quests, but rather because of the raw data like nav meshes. Raw data is very difficult to conflict resolve. I have a few ideas but I do not current possess the required knowledge in order to realize these ideas. 

Okay so I followed the MCM to the T, I'm not using any other interface mods, I installed everything correctly and rechecked it, and I'm still getting and "itemcard.swf" and "bottombar.swf" message in some of my menus. Did I do something wrong? 

Nope I forgot to mention to turns those checking off in SKYUI MCM.