Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Can anyone confirm if Qaxe's Questorium plays nice with this guide? The newer file seems to cause a CTD near Honningbrew but the older version doesn't. 

The CTD's from the newest version are due to bad facegen files.  If you delete those (and re-generate them), the CTD will be fixed.

Serious question - 

A lot of these mods say core but, and I mean this especially later in the guide, sometimes there are mods that you're like "meh" about. Usually smaller stuff...like chimneys with an esp, Skyrim sewers, ASLAL, even the Arthmoor villages I don't feel I need (not for that many esps honestly)...just simpler things that don't appear to be of utmost necessity to the guide. Is there a way to know what all the conflict resolution stuff does so I can make sure I don't break something? Because I'd like to build a decent bit on top of this with more quest/adventure mods and such plus save room for big releases in the future. Thanks!

The only way to know what the CR does is to check it in xEdit. The LE guide had for a long time a full CR manual, like Neo's original SRLE did, but it was a crazy amount of work to maintain. Still, you have it all there in the file itself, just need to check it carefully when you make your changes. I'd start by checking the CR dependencies, that'll give you a general, yet not complete idea. If you realize you plan to remove much or even most of the CR masters, then I'd seriously think of not using it at all and doing my own testing and CR.

I've mentioned here before that I was, for a time, like you, looking to pack my build with new gameplay, huge mods like the Questorium, Beyond Reach, Rigmor, big landmasses like Nyhus, Folkstead and Haafstad, but I realized that every playthrough I've done in the past two years I got bored after level 80 without completing even half of the content I had. No point in having everything in one build if you're not playing it all, you'll likely have a more stable build if you keep it to what you actually think you'll play in that playthrough. For me, it's better to take this guide for what it is, SRLE heritage + LOTD and associated content. It's doesn't aim at giving you a stable base to build upon - that's STEP. This isn't it. Although you certainly can do a lot of tinkering with it if you know what you're doing.

Can anyone confirm if Qaxe's Questorium plays nice with this guide? The newer file seems to cause a CTD near Honningbrew but the older version doesn't. 

I can confirm it was playing nicely in April when I last used it. As I told you in my previous message, even though I levelled up to 80 I couldn't complete everything I'd installed, and QQ was one of the packs I didn't finish, I think I didn't finish a single one of its quest lines (maybe the little valley in the mountain). And because of all that content I didn't even touch any of the DLC questlines.

don't do pickpocketing so don't care.

You should try ;) pickpocketing powerful poisons into unaware bandits is a hugely fun way to do a stealthy dungeon crawling. Wouldn't know about it if it weren't for gopher, but now I know you can play a stealthy character without ever using a bow. I am using that mod and it doesn't seem to have any major conflict, but I haven't played far enough this last build to actually see if it progresses as it should. Gopher does use Ordinator so it should be OK there, don't see any other obvious conflict other than perhaps the uncapper because the mod works by scaling the success chance cap between 90 and 99 as you level up, have no idea if it can go all the way to 100 or even more (and bug out) if you uncap the max skill.

Hi Guys,  I just finished put everything together with the Bashed Patch and I'm at the Smash Patch and I have the following error below... Can you tell me how to fixed that ?  I'm in Win 10 64bits and I got complete Access Control to the files as a user, so I wonder what it could be... the first is a music file obviously...

Exception smashing record: MUSCombatBoss03CG [MUST:00000F7E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:6002393D] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:6002393E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:6002393F] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Thank you for your help :-)

I am having the same problem with the same record probably

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:4F02393D] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:4F02393E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:4F02393F] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Rerun smash alot of times always the same 3 records

I do like the Just Ice slab but Noble as a whole package for sure is the best. Are those just the frozenmarshice01*.dds? Tamriel Reloaded also covers frozenmarsh* stuff and I am testing that one as well, so I'd like to take a look.

I admit I was testing quickly and didn't determine the exact two textures, it should be at least two and I suspect icefloes*.dds and frozenmarshice*.dds, but I also hid glacierslab*.dds - which I think is the actual glacier textures and therefore is not related with those screenshots.

You should try ;) pickpocketing powerful poisons into unaware bandits is a hugely fun way to do a stealthy dungeon crawling. Wouldn't know about it if it weren't for gopher, but now I know you can play a stealthy character without ever using a bow. I am using that mod and it doesn't seem to have any major conflict, but I haven't played far enough this last build to actually see if it progresses as it should. Gopher does use Ordinator so it should be OK there, don't see any other obvious conflict other than perhaps the uncapper because the mod works by scaling the success chance cap between 90 and 99 as you level up, have no idea if it can go all the way to 100 or even more (and bug out) if you uncap the max skill.

I have it, didn't have to do any CR with it either.  Works fine.

I am having the same problem with the same record probably

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:4F02393D] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:4F02393E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:4F02393F] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Rerun smash alot of times always the same 3 records

This is  the third time I've posted on this.  Don't you people ever "search" the forum?  The search box in the top right corner?  Those records are from Immersive Armors Daedric Cuirass, Boots, and Gloves, look them up in xEdit.  I've made Mator aware of the issue.  He says to ignore it for now.  Apologize for the terseness, but I'm getting tired of addressing this.

Edited by Kneph13

I completed the guide, Excellent work by the way..  and now I have been stuck troubleshooting a CTD that I am getting right from the start immediately after character creation.. I started removing textures, and then started rolling back esps until I could pinpoint the trouble maker.. I found that removing imp_helm_legend.esp and dependencies it no longer CTDs.. anyone else experience this any fixes or something i may have missed? 

Edited by ChiefZigZag

I can confirm it was playing nicely in April when I last used it. As I told you in my previous message, even though I levelled up to 80 I couldn't complete everything I'd installed, and QQ was one of the packs I didn't finish, I think I didn't finish a single one of its quest lines (maybe the little valley in the mountain). And because of all that content I didn't even touch any of the DLC questlines.

Thanks! Awesome that was the main one I was worried about. So as far as adding tons of stuff, the purpose is more so I don't have to keep doing all this patching and stuff every time I get the impulse to add a mod. Speaking of, do I HAVE to generate LOD files again if I add something to the exterior, or will it work fine it just won't have the new mod's lods? I do not want to sit through this again if I can help it haha.

Thanks! Awesome that was the main one I was worried about. So as far as adding tons of stuff, the purpose is more so I don't have to keep doing all this patching and stuff every time I get the impulse to add a mod. Speaking of, do I HAVE to generate LOD files again if I add something to the exterior, or will it work fine it just won't have the new mod's lods? I do not want to sit through this again if I can help it haha.

My advice, never be in a hurry with this build. The day before yesterday I completed it and did all the MCM menu configs, chose a LAL start and thought I was finally going to play... Only to find that not one NPC responded when I talked to them. Tried to remove the most obvious suspects, no luck. Was so frustrated I had to give it a rest for a day. When I came back I had this feeling I might have merged something I shouldn't so I removed my extra "miscellaneous 2" merge, tested and everything was fine... Turns out I had included the new Blocksteal in that merge despite the fact that it does have a dll and it's generally ill-advised to merge those. Rebuilt the merge without blocksteal, it works. Sounds simple but in the end it delayed me at least two days from actually playing, and I'll have to do the MCM config all over again. And I'm almost sure something else will happen because, like you, I'm customizing a lot (even though I feel this is the closest I've ever come to the full guide). Build the full guide, you'll probably be another happy player with an extremely heavy AND STABLE build. Change stuff and you're probably in for a lot of conflict resolving on your own. People here are usually happy to help you even though, really, we should thing our support would be forfeited by doing things our own way. But even with help, it's a lot of going back, rebuilding things, testing, rinse and repeat a lot of times. When I came back to Skyrim today and before trying that particular merge, I was ready to start removing packs of mods until I found the culprit, I just got lucky with the first one I removed being the actual problem. Welcome to modding HELL! :D

On a more serious note, I'm not SURE that you won't have any problems with not generating lods again, but you might not always get away with it. Especially if your mod makes terrain edits, dyndolod will probably "un-make" them because it's loading last. Buildable home mods, like Tel Nalta or the Blackthorn village, even need new dyndolod after you build them. Even the hearthfires homes may need it. I really wouldn't worry too much about 30 minutes with dyndolod and I'd even run xLODGen again if there are terrain edits involved (although xLODGen deals with meshes and mod terrain edits are handled by the plugin, I have no idea how the two interact and would prefer not to wast time realizing that they conflict, so I'd simply run it all when adding new stuff.