Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

One of the users of Quick Light made a script which changes the activate key to the middle mouse button.  He sent it to me and it works great and is much easier to use, without having to worry about not facing an npc, item, object, etc...  It also can be activated/deactivated during conversations now.  He said I could share it here, if anyone is interested, but wasn't sure about the Nexus rules about such things.  All he did was adjust one of the scripts to change the activate key, so I don't see why it would be an issue, but want to respect his wishes and make sure it's ok to share first.  Is this something I can share?

Ok, first issue I've had:  Immediate ctd whenever I ask to see Ulfberth War-Bear's inventory.  I can choose any other speech option just fine but when I ask what he's selling he says "best blah blah blah" and then ctd right before the inventory screen opens.  I've tested with every other merchant I've found and don't have any issues (in Whiterun and Riverwood, at least).  I checked his record and it's fine.  Something in his inventory, maybe?  Problem is I don't know how to see what's in there that might be causing the issue.  Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

Ok, first issue I've had: Immediate ctd whenever I ask to see Ulfberth War-Bear's inventory. I can choose any other speech option just fine but when I ask what he's selling he says "best blah blah blah" and then ctd right before the inventory screen opens. I've tested with every other merchant I've found and don't have any issues (in Whiterun and Riverwood, at least). I checked his record and it's fine. Something in his inventory, maybe? Problem is I don't know how to see what's in there that might be causing the issue. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

I don't think there is a way to see what's in there but you can see what might be in there. This is done by opening him in xEdit and check which level list is used to populate his inventory with items and checking that leveled list. The leveled list entries might themselves be other leveled lists. Ctrl + left mouse button on formIds on the right hand record view jumps directly to that formId in the left hand record list. Back button on the mouse returns to previously viewed record. Makes navigating the lists easier.

Check that you have the latest version of the level list patch. If not, update and rebuild bash and smash patch. Load a save before his inventory got populated with items, which should be before you first entered his cell (=his shop).

I don't think there is a way to see what's in there but you can see what might be in there. This is done by opening him in xEdit and check which level list is used to populate his inventory with items and checking that leveled list. The leveled list entries might themselves be other leveled lists. Ctrl + left mouse button on formIds on the right hand record view jumps directly to that formId in the left hand record list. Back button on the mouse returns to previously viewed record. Makes navigating the lists easier.

Check that you have the latest version of the level list patch. If not, update and rebuild bash and smash patch. Load a save before his inventory got populated with items, which should be before you first entered his cell (=his shop).

Thanks, dread.  I'm looking at his record and don't see where it shows the LL used to populate his inventory.  I see faction, class, etc...but even clicking on those doesn't take me to the LL.

First I want to thank all those involved in this amazing guide! I'm tackling the install process, have just finished the prerequisites section, and am experiencing an issue with Mod Organizer. I should say that I have used Mod Organizer some in the past, but have been using NMM until now.

When trying to install a mod I have downloaded from the Nexus, MO is giving me an error when I double click to install: "None of the available installer plugins were able to handle that archive".

I have verified its any mod I try to install. I must have done something wrong somewhere? Help?

Thanks!

Thanks, dread.  I'm looking at his record and don't see where it shows the LL used to populate his inventory.  I see faction, class, etc...but even clicking on those doesn't take me to the LL.

You're right, it was a little harder to find. It is container 0009CAFD.

You're right, it was a little harder to find. It is container 0009CAFD.

Thanks, I found it now.  Nothing here that sticks out as causing an obvious problem, it all looks good.  Thanks for the tip on navigating through xedit, that helped a lot.  I do have the latest ll patch and redid my bp and sp, so those shouldn't be a problem.  I checked for errors and found one in the BP from the merged SAFO - Frostfall.esp, but it was skooma so it shouldn't have affected Ulfberth anyway.  At least it's only him, so far, but it's an annoying glitch to troubleshoot.

Thanks, I found it now.  Nothing here that sticks out as causing an obvious problem, it all looks good.  Thanks for the tip on navigating through xedit, that helped a lot.  I do have the latest ll patch and redid my bp and sp, so those shouldn't be a problem.  I checked for errors and found one in the BP from the merged SAFO - Frostfall.esp, but it was skooma so it shouldn't have affected Ulfberth anyway.  At least it's only him, so far, but it's an annoying glitch to troubleshoot.

It is hard to troubleshoot. I've had a ctd just like that at the Riverwood trader. It was a known bug caused by JK's city mods. It only affected some users. It was "solved" by deactivating JK's, talk to the trader to make him show his inventory, save and activate JK's. That made the inventory work again.

Frostfall has an inventory bug, but it isn't known to cause an instant ctd when you open the traders inventory. You could try to deactivate frostfall+campfire anyway.

It is hard to troubleshoot. I've had a ctd just like that at the Riverwood trader. It was a known bug caused by JK's city mods. It only affected some users. It was "solved" by deactivating JK's, talk to the trader to make him show his inventory, save and activate JK's. That made the inventory work again.

Frostfall has an inventory bug, but it isn't known to cause an instant ctd when you open the traders inventory. You could try to deactivate frostfall+campfire anyway.

Jk, you say...   :unsure:

First I want to thank all those involved in this amazing guide! I'm tackling the install process, have just finished the prerequisites section, and am experiencing an issue with Mod Organizer. I should say that I have used Mod Organizer some in the past, but have been using NMM until now.

When trying to install a mod I have downloaded from the Nexus, MO is giving me an error when I double click to install: "None of the available installer plugins were able to handle that archive".

I have verified its any mod I try to install. I must have done something wrong somewhere? Help?

Thanks!

The only time I've had that error was with downloads that got corrupted. Can you open the archives manually with 7zip/winrar? If that's not the case I'm not sure what else it might be.

I gave up and switched to Overwatch but without looking I'm willing to bet deactivating JK's Whiterun means deactivating Dyndolod.  What a pain.  Well, I said I was trying to mod it until I break it...I would have never in a million years thought JK's was the problem.

I gave up and switched to Overwatch but without looking I'm willing to bet deactivating JK's Whiterun means deactivating Dyndolod.  What a pain.  Well, I said I was trying to mod it until I break it...I would have never in a million years thought JK's was the problem.

All it takes, if you have JK, is deactivating it and dyndolod, open trader inventory, save, activate JK and dyndolod.

Edited by dreadflopp

All it takes, if you have JK, is deactivating it and dyndolod, open trader inventory, save, activate JK and dyndolod.

Do I have to go back to a save before I populated his inventory or will my most recent save work?  For Dyndolod is it as simple as deactivating it via mcm, then the esps, then reactivating the esps and then mcm?

Do I have to go back to a save before I populated his inventory or will my most recent save work?  For Dyndolod is it as simple as deactivating it via mcm, then the esps, then reactivating the esps and then mcm?

As simple as that. When I had the bug, I didn't have to go back to a previous save. We are not sure you have the same bug though.