Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Serious question - 

A lot of these mods say core but, and I mean this especially later in the guide, sometimes there are mods that you're like "meh" about. Usually smaller stuff...like chimneys with an esp, Skyrim sewers, ASLAL, even the Arthmoor villages I don't feel I need (not for that many esps honestly)...just simpler things that don't appear to be of utmost necessity to the guide. Is there a way to know what all the conflict resolution stuff does so I can make sure I don't break something? Because I'd like to build a decent bit on top of this with more quest/adventure mods and such plus save room for big releases in the future. Thanks!

Since we're making the stride to include Immersive College of Winterhold + Cutting Room Floor, for the sake of completeness it may be worth considering also tapping in College of Winterhold The Missing Apprentices Quest Fix ; it's a relatively benign tweak, but works in cohesion with Cutting Room Floor to tidy up the in-game connecting of dots between the fates of the apprentices in this particular quest and has over 600 endorsements.  It should be easy peasy to merge / fold in.

For the smash patch, I can just open it and go to "patches" and click on the hammer? Is that the best way to make sure it keeps the formIDs and all of that?

edit: And the zedit is still good? It doesn't need to be rebuilt?

I'm pretty sure you don't need to rebuild the zEdit patch, but it only takes a minute so it doesn't hurt. In Smash, make sure the bashed patch and any other plugin that should be in the smash patch has the correct smash tag. When a plugin is changed since last time smash loaded it, it sets the smash tag to skip.

Yeah, MO2

It seems that Wrye automatically imports bash tags from LOOT. It only seems to do that for some of us. Maybe install location of LOOT or Wrye, Wrye version (portable or installer), using MO to launch executables can be things causing this. The correct behaviour is that it imports bash tags.

Can you merge some new patches in to existing merges? I'm adding some DBM patches that weren't included and it would be most convenient if I could merge them in to Lexy's existing merge.

I wouldn't do that even mator advise against it best to from scratch

Hi all, I just read the changes to the guide. I'm curious. What is the advantage of using a bashed patch rather than the pre smash merge? Is it safe to rebuild the smash and zpatch on a save?

Building the Bash Patch is easier handles levelled list better than SMASH alone plus you don't have to faff around with building the Pre Smash just run Wrye Bash and doom you're done. You can but I wouldn't change anything on a game in progress

Hi Guys,  I just finished put everything together with the Bashed Patch and I'm at the Smash Patch and I have the following error below... Can you tell me how to fixed that ?  I'm in Win 10 64bits and I got complete Access Control to the files as a user, so I wonder what it could be... the first is a music file obviously...

Exception smashing record: MUSCombatBoss03CG [MUST:00000F7E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Exception smashing record: [COBJ:6002393D] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Exception smashing record: [COBJ:6002393E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Exception smashing record: [COBJ:6002393F] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Thank you for your help :-)

Hi Guys,  I just finished put everything together with the Bashed Patch and I'm at the Smash Patch and I have the following error below... Can you tell me how to fixed that ?  I'm in Win 10 64bits and I got complete Access Control to the files as a user, so I wonder what it could be... the first is a music file obviously...

Exception smashing record: MUSCombatBoss03CG [MUST:00000F7E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:6002393D] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:6002393E] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Exception smashing record: [COBJ:6002393F] : Access violation at address 008874C6 in module 'MatorSmash.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Thank you for your help :-)

just delete your Smash Patch and Rerun it

Serious question - 

A lot of these mods say core but, and I mean this especially later in the guide, sometimes there are mods that you're like "meh" about. Usually smaller stuff...like chimneys with an esp, Skyrim sewers, ASLAL, even the Arthmoor villages I don't feel I need (not for that many esps honestly)...just simpler things that don't appear to be of utmost necessity to the guide. Is there a way to know what all the conflict resolution stuff does so I can make sure I don't break something? Because I'd like to build a decent bit on top of this with more quest/adventure mods and such plus save room for big releases in the future. Thanks!

I personally feel like LAL is necessary if you're following a guide of this scale and you want to start a new game without having to do the whole intro. That being said, I remove a lot of the ones you've mentioned specifically, and several (about 25% of the guide) more. The main thing is editing the main CR patch - it still applies to a lot of what I do install, so I find it easier to rip out what I don't need. It's just a matter of removing the records to plugins you don't use, which is covered in the guide's Troubleshooting section. Aside from that, I only use half of the NPC retexture mods so I created my own CR for that, using the existing one as a guide. SSEEdit is your friend (and sometimes enemy).

Here's another texture comparison, ice in the marshes.

I noticed how crudely cut those ice floes in the marsh seem and nailed the problem down to HD Landscape Overhaul's meshes, which are all concerning ice. So I hid them, as well as the ice textures, and tested successively (Luxor's first, then...) Noble Skyrim (second), Just Ice (third) and lastly SRO.

8n34JBt.pngQER8Bg3.pnghyBP9ED.png78gTB9u.png

I think I'd go with Noble Skyrim (second picture) on this one, although I also really like SRO's slab texture, Noble blends better.

Pics are with Vivid Weathers, I'm swapping to and fro between Vivid, Obsidian and NAT, sorry about that.

I do like the Just Ice slab but Noble as a whole package for sure is the best. Are those just the frozenmarshice01*.dds? Tamriel Reloaded also covers frozenmarsh* stuff and I am testing that one as well, so I'd like to take a look.