Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hello Lexy, please consider my recommended mods:

I've actually run or tested almost all of those mods. I like many of them and I think I'll keep adding and taking mods as I build and rebuild this guide. From my experience, it's impossible to play them all in the same playthrough. I'm usually fed up when I level up to 80 or above  and in getting there I never play even half of the content I add... Rigmor alone took me from level 0 to 30 without deviations using the LE guide. Another mod I've played was Beyond Reach, which I also liked very much but it took me a week to play through and in the end there was nothing to remember it by. It was a completely independent part of that playthrough. With LOTD, all of the supported mods feel somewhat connected by the relic gathering for the museum. I love Rigmor, Beyond Reach, Qaxe's Questorim, but I'd probably enjoy them in a dedicated playthrough with a much smaller build. Yet, of course, this guide has grown to be more than just LOTD, with a graphics and gameplay overhaul that wouldn't look bad in any build, so you might still want to build it and add the mods you want to play, but I can hardly see anyone playing them all in one playthrough.

I do think that the first three and, in general, all mods that add displays to the museum could be added, unless it is for some reason broken. As for the rest, I have come to enjoy taking mods out of the way more than adding others in ;)

I've actually run or tested almost all of those mods. I like many of them and I think I'll keep adding and taking mods as I build and rebuild this guide. From my experience, it's impossible to play them all in the same playthrough. I'm usually fed up when I level up to 80 or above  and in getting there I never play even half of the content I add... Rigmor alone took me from level 0 to 30 without deviations using the LE guide. Another mod I've played was Beyond Reach, which I also liked very much but it took me a week to play through and in the end there was nothing to remember it by. It was a completely independent part of that playthrough. With LOTD, all of the supported mods feel somewhat connected by the relic gathering for the museum. I love Rigmor, Beyond Reach, Qaxe's Questorim, but I'd probably enjoy them in a dedicated playthrough with a much smaller build. Yet, of course, this guide has grown to be more than just LOTD, with a graphics and gameplay overhaul that wouldn't look bad in any build, so you might still want to build it and add the mods you want to play, but I can hardly see anyone playing them all in one playthrough.

I do think that the first three and, in general, all mods that add displays to the museum could be added, unless it is for some reason broken. As for the rest, I have come to enjoy taking mods out of the way more than adding others in ;)

+1  other than the additions of mods that add to the museum, this guide doesn't really need much more.  Maybe some fine tuning or replacement of a mod with one that is better would be in order.

+1  other than the additions of mods that add to the museum, this guide doesn't really need much more.  Maybe some fine tuning or replacement of a mod with one that is better would be in order.

Do you think that Quest and Adventure mods should then be limited, or level progress slowed down to enable more adventuring?

Personally, I'd like to see more Quest mods (Wyrmstooth, et al) as well as more mods in general. As long as the engine can run, keep fueling it, so to speak.

But having never even finished the game, there might be some good logic there ...

I do miss having the SMC "beautification" section for improved graphical fidelity, even though it would mean converting many Oldrim mods.

But since SSE can push the envelope in terms of visual/mod overhaul (and engine overload), seems to me a good idea.

This Guide is legendary just on its own, but with the combined help of Lexy and this community, can be something truly spectacular if/when some of the Trello suggested user mods get implemented.

I suppose ideal situation would be to categorize the Guide into sections where users could choose what they wanted, but that would probably be too complicated to resolve (not sure though?). For example, options for: More Quests, Survival & Needs, Visual Beautification, etc.

I suppose ideal situation would be to categorize the Guide into sections where users could choose what they wanted, but that would probably be too complicated to resolve (not sure though?). For example, options for: More Quests, Survival & Needs, Visual Beautification, etc.

I dare you, then, to try and build the "SRLE - LOTD All Yashed Up" or the "SRLE - LOTD Req'tified" guides for Legendary. Check them out, even if you don't build them, read them as if you were going to. They take a different approach, breaking the conflict resolution into different patches making entire sections of the guide optional and actually providing different options for some of them. I can only imagine the work that Paul, JD and the rest of the people had putting that up. To me as a user, it seemed an ever greater challenge, but it does address the flexibility and "mutability" that some of us are always asking for. Providing alternative mods and all the patches needed makes the work of building the guide grow exponentially.

I'm an experimenter and my first instinct is to try new things and even to think I can improve on what I've been suggested. I never could simply follow the guide to the letter, yet, my build has, over time, grown closer and closer to the full guide. I'd rather see the guide stabilize one build first, then maybe hope Lexy and her team won't be able to stop modding and alternatives do come.

I'm a Wyrmstooth proponent, too - and in no small measure for the fact that it has a really absorbing, fast paced main quest that doesn't really take that long to play through. Comparable to Moonpath, maybe. Certainly quicker than Falskaar. Then, you're free to explore as you wish! And it adds content to the museum, too.

Hi is there a way to submit to the trello? 

I would like to suggest 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3144/?tab=posts (If the Elven bow is modified as per comments it is OK with displays) 

Second that, I'm using it. And run The Great Equalizer all over it as some bows are a bit overpowered.

I actually dropped by to suggest another alternative weather mod. Has Natural View Tamriel been tested with this build? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12842/

Just took a look at the Trello, and noticed a good many Kryptopter mods on the list as possible ports - from what I can tell, Krypt is actively working on converting them all, so it may be better to wait on her full conversions rather than try to convert them ourselves. Of course, if they convert fine then they'll work in the meantime, but I thought I should at least point out that the author is working on them.

Second (and going back a few pages), for those working on trying to make their dungeons a mite bit brighter, I found a way that makes it so without killing the darkness too much. You may need to play with a few other values, but as always, ENB settings are a matter of personal taste. Under the ENBShader settings, putting the interior setting to 0.5 (instead of 1.0, where it defaults) makes the entire interior brighter without being overdone. Again, just something to play with - there is a video on the guide's recommended ENB nexus page that goes through a lot of those values, so a good watch even if you aren't having this issue.

Edited by Shadriss

About NAT, upon reading further down the description, it seems it does more than just weathers, including its own subsurface scattering shaders, which have been made obsolete with the later ENB binaries, so, I'm not so sure. Colours look great, though. Only NAT and Vivid seem to nail them right - IMHO!

Just took a look at the Trello, and noticed a good many Kryptopter mods on the list as possible ports - from what I can tell, Krypt is actively working on converting them all, so it may be better to wait on her full conversions rather than try to convert them ourselves. Of course, if they convert fine then they'll work in the meantime, but I thought I should at least point out that the author is working on them.

It's not a bad thing, though, that Lexy has own ports in her test build, making it quicked to update the guide when the official release comes.

Thanks for the ENB tips, I'd also add that making dungeons brighter will also make all other interiors brighter, which, depending on each cell's imagespace, might not look great. The definitive answer woud be, IMO, to fix each dungeon's imagespace to look brighter or darker, according to its context. For example, I don't see any reason why the East Empire Company's warehouse should be as pitch black as the darkest caves in the game. It's an impressive, very ample space that you can't appreciate in its fullness if you're "realistically" making everything invisible outside the range of torches. IMO the pitch black caves is merely a trend born of hurriedly creating a dark setting that makes it possible for the point lighting to stand out against. Removing ambient lighting throughout the game achieves this with minimal effort. More troublesome would be to tweak each imagespace for the best dramatic effect, but much more rewarding, I thing... If you visit Arkngthamz or the Wolfskull Cave or Blackreach or the Broken Oar Grotto or even Fort Dawnguard with vanilla lights and then check them out with ELFX or RLO, you see what you're losing. You need some degree of ambient light if only just to appreciate the immensity of the caves - that was very intentional in the game creators's plans. If you take it out, all dungeons look the same, a dark maze with some traps and some mobs to fight. I need my eye candy! If it weren't the fact that I also like the new point light sources added by ELFX, it'd already have got the boot. Damned mods, there's always choices and tradeoffs.

Hi is there a way to submit to the trello? 

I would like to suggest 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3144/?tab=posts (If the Elven bow is modified as per comments it is OK with displays) 

Only me and my DEV team can add new cards to Trello this is to stop the same mods being constantly suggested by every user out there.

I know Kryptopter is working on her mods that half the reasons I have not pushed my ported versions into the guide. I would rather wait for official versions to be released.

I also know that DreamKing is working on a port of Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild again why that hasn't been pushed into the guide yet.

Good to hear. Trust me, I want a lot of those mods as much as anyone... if it were a mod or mods not being worked on at all anymore, it'd be one thing, but when it's actively being worked on... I just hate to step on mod author's toes if'n we don't have to.

I was looking around for info about Lock Overhaul settings and found a few comments in the comment section that ring red flags for me about compatibility with Ordinator. I was wondering if this is a current issue for anyone who is playing the guide atm ?

I don't nomally do lock picking I actaully have Lockpick Pro (KenMOD) installes but I will dump it to my DEV Team for testing.

I don't nomally do lock picking I actaully have Lockpick Pro (KenMOD) installes but I will dump it to my DEV Team for testing.

Lockpick Pro is simply an interface mod. Lock Overhaul is a scripted mod with mcm that modifies and adds new ways of opening locks through scripts. Not the same :) I've been testing it a bit today and seems to work well, using the mcm settings mentioned in the guide. But i'm not near ordinator yet.

Just noticed I deleted the \Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache 2 times before runing texgen and dyndolod, is there something wrong with that? do we need the cache files when we run dyndolod?

Should ask Shesson over here.

He answers quite quickly.

Edited by KorruptkSwades

That makes sense. I was trying to avoid spamming the board with recommendations. 

Thanks, 

-M

Only me and my DEV team can add new cards to Trello this is to stop the same mods being constantly suggested by every user out there.