Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

you won't see achievements in game cos if you followed the guide you turn off Steam Overlay

Just to make sure I'm understanding what you are telling me here - achieves will not pop at all if the Overlay is off? Not getting notified of them, I get - but not getting them at all? As I mentioned, I hadn't played SE when I started your guide, so at this point I should have Unbound and Dragon Rising as a minimum, and that isn't the case.

If that's the case, why bother to have the Achieve Unlocker in the lineup at all? Why place a mod in the guide that allows you to do something that is shut off by another thing we're told to do? Not a criticism per se, I'm just confused by the logic here.

Just to make sure I'm understanding what you are telling me here - achieves will not pop at all if the Overlay is off? Not getting notified of them, I get - but not getting them at all? As I mentioned, I hadn't played SE when I started your guide, so at this point I should have Unbound and Dragon Rising as a minimum, and that isn't the case.

If that's the case, why bother to have the Achieve Unlocker in the lineup at all? Why place a mod in the guide that allows you to do something that is shut off by another thing we're told to do? Not a criticism per se, I'm just confused by the logic here.

You can verify your achievements by looking at the The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition in the library page of your Steam application (easier to peep at the overlay, except its disabled for stability). Have you been unlocking achievements? With all the modding/testing I've been doing I've only unlocked 11/75, and none of that is recent, but one day I'll start playing seriously. To be honest, I've never really cared about the achievements, I think my hours played are better bragging rights fodder (3789 hours in LE, probably worthy of an intervention).

You can verify your achievements by looking at the The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition in the library page of your Steam application (easier to peep at the overlay, except its disabled for stability). Have you been unlocking achievements? With all the modding/testing I've been doing I've only unlocked 11/75, and none of that is recent, but one day I'll start playing seriously. To be honest, I've never really cared about the achievements, I think my hours played are better bragging rights fodder (3789 hours in LE, probably worthy of an intervention).

As stated - none have been unlocked. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Bereft of presence. Conspicuous in their absence. No shows.

Normally, I don't care about them much either. I just happened to be going over the guide again, remembered putting this in, and then checked to see if things had been unlocking in the background, and they aren't. Checked the mod page, and by all reports and indications discussed there, it should be fine... no saves are marked, and no message given on load about mods. Additionally, the log file generated has a simple 'Yes' in it, which according to the mod site indicates that it is working properly. And yet... as stated, nothing.

There then, logically, must exist one of a few different states:

A) Despite all indications, this mod does not work when operated through MO2.

B) The turning off of the Steam Overlay turns off all monitoring by Steam of SSE, thereby preventing the Unlocking of Achieves We Have Unlocked.

C) (Least Likely, but possible) This mod does not work at all no matter the state of overlay, and there is another issue causing it.

When I get home, I'll be turning the Overlay back on in an effort to eliminate possibility B.

On a slightly different note, 3789 / 24 = 157.87 / 7 = 22.55 / 4 = 5.6 months of active playtime. If my own experiances are any indication, that's about a third of the time you actually spend with the game, as it includes all the fun that modding adds... so that number is closer to 15 months, or about a year and a half of Skyrimming. Some of us get our money's worth from a game, and then some, eh?

...On a slightly different note, 3789 / 24 = 157.87 / 7 = 22.55 / 4 = 5.6 months of active playtime. If my own experiances are any indication, that's about a third of the time you actually spend with the game, as it includes all the fun that modding adds... so that number is closer to 15 months, or about a year and a half of Skyrimming. Some of us get our money's worth from a game, and then some, eh?

I paid Beth full price on release day for Skyrim & her DLC, and got my free copy of SSE, would have been a bargain (as you showed, nice maths) at twice the price. I recently gave STEP the same (donate if you can, it feels good) as this community does at least as much work. Much love to the folks at Beth & the community that supports them.

Good luck on figuring out the achievements issue, now I'm curious too.

I followed the guide through setting up the MCM's, but now have a mod generating an image in the middle of the screen. I am unsure which mod it is, or how to remove/relocate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I.....Have never seen anything like that...........

I followed the guide through setting up the MCM's, but now have a mod generating an image in the middle of the screen. I am unsure which mod it is, or how to remove/relocate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, I had that! Drove me INSANE trying to track it down. I THINK it was the Matter of Time mod, some option in there to show you some kind of symbol related to the day or something bizarre like that. It should be in the area where you toggle all the symbols/times/dates/etc. (Is there an option for a second symbol on there? If so, I think that was it.)

If that's not it, LMK and I'll check on my other computer (no Skyrim on this one) and see if I can find it.

Edited by OCDCoder

I don't recognise that have you added stuff on top?

I have not added anything on top of the lotd se guide version, I believe 6/22 update(I'd have to check specific change log date I was using)

Oh, I had that! Drove me INSANE trying to track it down. I THINK it was the Matter of Time mod, some option in there to show you some kind of symbol related to the day or something bizarre like that. It should be in the area where you toggle all the symbols/times/dates/etc. (Is there an option for a second symbol on there? If so, I think that was it.)

If that's not it, LMK and I'll check on my other computer (no Skyrim on this one) and see if I can find it.

Checking now, will update if that is it! Thank ahead of time!

That was it! A Matter of Time, General Tab > Symbol 2, I must have checked it on accident when setting it up. Thank you!*!*!

That was it! A Matter of Time, General Tab > Symbol 2, I must have checked it on accident when setting it up. Thank you!*!*!

Yeah, I assume that's the exact same thing I did unless that mod just REALLY wants you to experience that confusion at least once while using it... (I want to ask who'd even want/need that symbol, but I say that about a lot of Skyrim mods I've seen so I try not to judge. But why someone would want it THERE by default, THAT I just don't get.)

Glad I was able to help! :cool:

When I get home, I'll be turning the Overlay back on in an effort to eliminate possibility B.

Turned on overlay, attacked a dragon, got a soul, got an achievement. I killed this same dragon an hour previous, forgot to save, and died... back before I turned on the overlay. Went to a nearby cooking area in a new location, got two more achievements for exploration and cooking.

Yeah... I think turning off the overlays also turns off the achievement monitoring portions of Steam, so putting this mod in makes no sense if you are turning off the overlay. Hard to prove conclusively, but the anecdotal evidence I have is convincing enough for me.

Edited by Shadriss
  • +1 1

Turned on overlay, attacked a dragon, got a soul, got an achievement. I killed this same dragon an hour previous, forgot to save, and died... back before I turned on the overlay. Went to a nearby cooking area in a new location, got two more achievements for exploration and cooking.

Yeah... I think turning off the overlays also turns off the achievement monitoring portions of Steam, so putting this mod in makes no sense if you are turning off the overlay. Hard to prove conclusively, but the anecdotal evidence I have is convincing enough for me.

Interesting so Steam Overlay has to be active for achievements to register. To be honest I don't care about achievements so never paid that close attention to it. The mod only went into the guide cos I constantly got moaned that is wasn't in the guide.