Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hi, This question (a simple one) is for Lexy, or whomever can answer.  By the way, Thank You so much for the time and effort put into this. I'm especially interested in the Merge Plugins stuff because I'm constantly hitting the 255 limit.  

In the guide for installing Mod Organizer, it has you create a 'Vanilla Skryim SE' profile (under the heading "Mod Organizer 2: Base Profile Creation").

It says to make sure 'Default Game Settings' is unchecked.  All that I see is 'Local Game Settings'.  Is that what I should make sure is unchecked?  And exactly what does that do?  How does Mod Organizer treat my Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini in either case (I think that is what this option is affecting)?  I guess, why is it recommended to uncheck this option?  

Thanks so much in advance!  It seems like a little thing, but I'm guessing it makes a big difference.

you want Local Game Settings checked that will basically make a local ini file for your profile.

Default Game Setting I believe (and someone corrects me if i am wrong) use the ini files created when you ran Steam the very first time.

Just wondering in the guide it mentions to install XPMSSE v4.32. Well this requires either Racemenu / SKEE.

SKEE is known to be highly unstable and the cause of CTDs on load. 

SKEE (alpha, unstable, causes crashes on load)

To "sorta" fix this we need SSE Engine Fixes 2.9. But that too isn't entirely stable and has a few settings mentioned to cause instability and/or CTDs 

1. Snow Sparkle - The snow sparkle effect is improperly processed on meshes that don't have proper snow sparkle settings, leading to undefined behavior (vanilla SSE) and CTDs (with memory patch).

and this which has not been fixed cause he mentions taking a break on the 11th of june and has not been back yet.

10 June 2018, 12:54AM

Hey, if you've had a crash at the address SkyrimSE+12689db could you please post your crash dump in this thread. 

So with these 3 mods in the guide I am wondering how stable will the guide be ? I'm not trying to question the guide in a bad way I'm just wondering If i take the time to do the entire guide like it is written will i be okay or am I gonna hit a plethora of problems with these 3 mods ?

How is this all working for you ?

The guide is quite stable but do bare in mind the guide is considered a Beta Build so you may CTD and have to fix things. I have not had many issues with Racemenu Installed SSE Engine fixes i working as expected. there is an issue i XP32 Styles at the moment that why we are not using them.

• +1 1

The guide is quite stable but do bare in mind the guide is considered a Beta Build so you may CTD and have to fix things. I have not had many issues with Racemenu Installed SSE Engine fixes i working as expected. there is an issue i XP32 Styles at the moment that why we are not using them.

Alright good to know :) is there an area in the guide where it mentions which settings we should be using for SSE Engine Fixes ? I have it on default for now with autosaves switched to normal saves.

Alright good to know :) is there an area in the guide where it mentions which settings we should be using for SSE Engine Fixes ? I have it on default for now with autosaves switched to normal saves.

I have left that on default I don't normally use autosaves or quick save I tend to just manually hard save all the time.

Hey guys, I'm following this guide and I went through it all, but when I start a new game after some seconds a window shows up saying that Sacrosanct has an integrity issue, and that PlayerVampireQuestScript and/or DLC1PlayerVampireChangeScript have been modified by another mod... I deactivated all plugins until I only had SkyUI.esp and Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp active, but I still got the same error. So I went to check the left pane with the mod archives, but Sacrosanct doesn't show any conflict with any other mod. Reinstalled the mod, but still the same error. The odd thing is, the mod shows up normally in the MCM Menu and I can edit things as I please, but I'm not sure if it will work. What should I do now?

Edited by RedRex46

I can't edit my previous post somehow, but I've experimented a bit with the issue I have about the integrity issue with Sacrosanct.

I created a new profile with all the mods in the left pane deactivated, EXCEPT for Alternate Start - Live Another Life, SkyUI and Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.

Starting a new game with only these three mods active has not resulted in the window with the integrity issue popping up. I closed the game and then I also checked the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition patch in the left pane, and sorted the four plugins with LOOT. Started a new game, and the integrity issue window reappeared!!! I closed the game and deactivated the USSEP plugin in the right pane, but left the mod active in the left pane --> the integrity issue window appeared again! So it's something to do with the other folders that come along with the USSEP mod, my guess is the Scripts folder.

I can't edit my previous post somehow, but I've experimented a bit with the issue I have about the integrity issue with Sacrosanct.

I created a new profile with all the mods in the left pane deactivated, EXCEPT for Alternate Start - Live Another Life, SkyUI and Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.

Starting a new game with only these three mods active has not resulted in the window with the integrity issue popping up. I closed the game and then I also checked the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition patch in the left pane, and sorted the four plugins with LOOT. Started a new game, and the integrity issue window reappeared!!! I closed the game and deactivated the USSEP plugin in the right pane, but left the mod active in the left pane --> the integrity issue window appeared again! So it's something to do with the other folders that come along with the USSEP mod, my guess is the Scripts folder.

The only mods that will affect Sacrosanct are mods which modify the same thing. I have used Sacrosanct with USSEP before on a heavily modded SSE and never had that window appear.

Check here and make sure you don't have any incompatible mods and have any patches needed.

Edited by KorruptkSwades

The only mods that will affect Sacrosanct are mods which modify the same thing. I have used Sacrosanct with USSEP before on a heavily modded SSE and never had that window appear.

Check here and make sure you don't have any incompatible mods and have any patches needed.

Thanks for the help, but it seems I've solved the issue simply redownloading USSEP and reinstalling it. Now there's no integrity issue panel showing up!

• +1 1

Hello Lexy, please consider my recommended mods:

Regarding mod suggestions for this Guide, would it be a good idea to put that Trello link in the Main Guide, under the rest of the links (Changelog, History, etc.) so that if new users miss that post(s) they can still find it?

At the same time, in order to avoid "mod suggestion bombardment" (and yes, I'm resisting my own), users can post their recommendations here on this forum for preliminary review before getting rubber-stamped by you for inclusion in Trello's "Mod Suggestion" column. I notice that list is getting rather long in the tooth. This may also weed out some obviously incompatible ones, etc.

In addition, by posting here first, more people would likely view the mod suggestion and perhaps also be aware of new patches or work-arounds that may have made a particular mod incompatible in the past, but quite workable now (such as the ones outlined above).

Regarding mod suggestions for this Guide, would it be a good idea to put that Trello link in the Main Guide, under the rest of the links (Changelog, History, etc.) so that if new users miss that post(s) they can still find it?

At the same time, in order to avoid "mod suggestion bombardment" (and yes, I'm resisting my own), users can post their recommendations here on this forum for preliminary review before getting rubber-stamped by you for inclusion in Trello's "Mod Suggestion" column. I notice that list is getting rather long in the tooth. This may also weed out some obviously incompatible ones, etc.

In addition, by posting here first, more people would likely view the mod suggestion and perhaps also be aware of new patches or work-arounds that may have made a particular mod incompatible in the past, but quite workable now (such as the ones outlined above).

yes I have been meaning to do that but keep forgetting I will do it now

Please before you make suggestions for mods that should be considered for inclusion with the guide but please follow these simple rules:

1. Before making a mod suggestion search the Thread to see if the mod has already been suggested.

2. Check the guide changelog in case the mod you want to suggest has either already been added or removed. https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE_Changelog

3. Search the Trello Board https://trello.com/b/V4o4FPSl/lexys-legacy-of-the-dragonborn-special-edition-suggested-mods to see if the mod has been added there.

4. please let us know that a suggested mod is a Legendary Edition version and it needs converting.

5. Any user with a Trello account can comment on the cards this will help me and DEV when testing but please keep this to the point.