Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Mostly in the same position, Lexy - at the same time, I wonder if the overlay causes as much havok (so to speak) with SSE as it did with SLE... not that I ever saw much in the way of problems there either. If it's all just anecdotal, and no real proof that the overlay causes any issues, is there really any reason to disable it?

Mostly in the same position, Lexy - at the same time, I wonder if the overlay causes as much havok (so to speak) with SSE as it did with SLE... not that I ever saw much in the way of problems there either. If it's all just anecdotal, and no real proof that the overlay causes any issues, is there really any reason to disable it?

again to be entirely honest I don't know t was something recommended for the LE guide that I just carried over when I created the SE Guide. I actually have the Steam Overlay turned off as standard when I play any game.

That's for Classic LE not this guide

This version is for either the ORIGINAL Skyrim or the SPECIAL EDITION. Choose the CORRECT game when installing! See the Special Edition SMIM page for the Special Edition Optimized version. Use Nexus Mod Manager to guide you through the scripted install!

Interesting so Steam Overlay has to be active for achievements to register. To be honest I don't care about achievements so never paid that close attention to it. The mod only went into the guide cos I constantly got moaned that is wasn't in the guide. 

just a note, it's required for Named Quicksaves - not in the guide (yet?), but it is on the test bench. I personally added to my setup, I hadn't installed AME initially cause I don't care about the achievements (in Skyrim, anyway...WoW was a different story ^_^) but ended up having to.

Hey guys, first of all, thanks for the fantastic mod guide, I already used it on Classic Skyrim and now that I found it on Skyrim Special Edition I immediately went to follow it all again! That is, though, until I got to the DynDOLOD part of the Finishing Line section. I load up the whole thing, select all worldspaces, check the things I have to check, select "Medium" but immediately after I start the process, an error pops up, here's the relevant part of the log:

[00:00:28.541] Loaded 3 mesh rules for Dawnguard.esm
[00:00:28.624] Loaded 35 mesh rules for HearthFires.esm
[00:00:28.695] Loaded 7 mesh rules for Dragonborn.esm
[00:00:28.784] Loaded 21 mesh rules for Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
[00:00:28.903] Loaded 120 mesh rules for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm
[00:00:28.981] Loaded 11 mesh rules for arnima.esm
[00:00:29.536] Loaded 61 mesh rules for all Candles
[00:00:29.623] Loaded 48 mesh rules for medium Candles
[00:00:29.689] Loaded 6 mesh rules for medium FXGlow
[00:00:29.829] Loaded medium mesh rules
[00:00:00.014] Creating new DynDOLOD.esm
[00:00:00.030] Write next object id 000000 to C:\Users\Windows10\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object.fid
[00:00:00.044] Write next object id 000000 to C:\Users\Windows10\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object-esm.fid
[00:00:00.061]
[00:00:00.076]
[00:00:00.076] Exception in unit prepare line 52: Access violation at address 0000000000C4C57D in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000
[00:00:00.076]
[00:00:00.076] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:00:00.076] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents of ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/
[00:01:40.178] Saving: Settings
[00:01:40.194] Saving: Logs

Now, is it something related to a possible "messy" load order? Or maybe it's something to do with Admin rights?
Also, the interesting thing is, I have all of my game-related things - included Skyrim SE, Mod Organizer 2, DynDOLOD - in the Data folder, NOT on C:\, but for some reason I had this folder "C:\Users\Windows10\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition" with DynDOLOD related files without me knowing it. If I delete it and restart DynDOLOD (of course within Mod Organizer 2) it says something like "Impossible to find the specified file". I don't really know how to proceed at this point.
Edited by LukeCreed13

I'd take that over to the DynDOLOD threads, guy - Sheson is more likely to see it there than here in the Guide thread.

As a hint, the link to the support thread is in that snippet of the log you posted. :)

EDIT TO PREVENT DOUBLE POST

Q: Between ELFX's love of all things shadowy and the room where I play it having a bunch of ambient light (even with all lights turned off and at night), many of the areas are pitch black. Quick Light kind of helps, but gives away my position (which I understand and am fine with) for the low low price of death from creatures I can't see three feet away from me... beyond the light's radius. Magelight is just as bad in its range of light, and torches are just right out. So - two parts to this: Using the guide recommended ENB, but know that some of you are using others - do any of them lighten up the spaces somewhat to make them playable? Second, if not, is there an easy way to remove the ELFX dependency from Lexy's Conflict Resolution esp so I can remove ELFX entirely?

It's not that I don't like ELFX, but if I keep getting killed because I can't see... even when I can see... well, the enjoyment gets sucked out of the game much as my life force was sucked away by a nightmare vampire.

Edited by Shadriss
  • +1 2

I have the same problem with ELFX and my monitor. Gopher reported the same problem with his video recording, and I do have trouble seeing what he says he's seeing in the videos. Eventually he said he dropped ELFX for the second part of his SSE series. I don't know an ENB that completely reverts this, but Phoenix is the brightest of the ones I've tried. Not sure about an easy way out of ELFX. I might try xEdit to fix the ambient light in places as I go. 

• +1 1

I have the same problem with ELFX and my monitor. Gopher reported the same problem with his video recording, and I do have trouble seeing what he says he's seeing in the videos. Eventually he said he dropped ELFX for the second part of his SSE series. I don't know an ENB that completely reverts this, but Phoenix is the brightest of the ones I've tried. Not sure about an easy way out of ELFX. I might try xEdit to fix the ambient light in places as I go. 

Fortunately, ENBs are relatively easy to swap out - I'll keep Pheonix on my list to take a look at.

Looking at the changelog, looks like it only affects Raven Rock (Dragonborn DLC areas). Only potential source of conflict is in Raven Rock HD, but I don't imagine it will be. Currently downloading, and will give a more thorough report after I've had a chance to take a look.

EDIT: No overwrites from Raven Rock HD, so I don't anticipate that this update will cause any issues to install.

Edited by Shadriss
  • +1 1