Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

with the updated Wrye Bash some of the .esp files that were previously identified as mergeable and included into the pre-smash are no longer included with it, one of which is the LOTD Patches Merged.esp is this intentional?

Edited by BlackJackal

Hi.  Well I want to thank you first for all the hard work you've all done for this guide. However, I run into some issues  and I want to share my experience with the Guide (which I've done now at least 3 times from scratch) to help maybe clarify some instructions. I see this as a constructive way not a critical one of the guide...

• I always ran into a cycle dependencies problem when I run Loot from within the Mod Organizer. It seems to run fine tho when I use the "Sort" button on the right pane and loot run in the background... But it's hard to tell everything is fine since I always end up with a different load order than the one you post on the top of the main guide... I Think the procedure should be clarify... Or maybe I've done something wrong ?

• The other issue is the Pre-Smash Patch instructions. I moved all the unchecked plugins (done by Wyre Bash) at the bottom after the Bashed Patch 0. Then I enable them and do the Pres-Smash Merge, then deactivate them... It's not quite clear in the instructions and it seems that it's not working at least for me. As I end up with some missing texts in game, character not talking, quest not showing or quest that just don't pop-up when I select an answer from a character...  So I decided to skip the pre-Smash patch and do just the Smash Patch (in total I have 238 plugins as I added 3 or 4 birds plugins to make the scenery alive kind of). The result is that it seems to works very well that way!!!  SO I'm just a little confused about the Pre-Smash...

Thank you!

As far as removing it, I think the only issue would be making sure that non-ELFX versions of mods are present (i.e. RS and other compatibility patches). I can try tinkering and see if its easy enough to just remove and replace with the troubleshooting steps to make the CRs work.

Huzza self quote! As a follow up to this, if you want to remove ELFX you need to rebuild the CLARALUX and Snazzy merges, remove the ELFX option from IDDP and ICoW, get the normal RS and disable the SMIM-ELFX patch. When cleaning Lexy's CR you'll need to find three specific records that arn't found with the "fake plugin, check errors" method (the "Report Masters" method will pick them up). They are in the cell area under Block 7 Sub-Block 3. Other than that, you're good to go! I like ELFX in theory but its just too dark for me as well. Keep up the good work everyone!

Heya :) I've just finished the "Prerequisites" and about to start on Part 12... U mention to test after each part. so I was wondering if u have a certain "parkour" for the testing ? 

just boot up and make sure you can boot into the game. I suggest for testing purposes install Alternate start first then move down later when you get to that point in the guide.

Hi, This question (a simple one) is for Lexy, or whomever can answer.  By the way, Thank You so much for the time and effort put into this. I'm especially interested in the Merge Plugins stuff because I'm constantly hitting the 255 limit.  

In the guide for installing Mod Organizer, it has you create a 'Vanilla Skryim SE' profile (under the heading "Mod Organizer 2: Base Profile Creation").

It says to make sure 'Default Game Settings' is unchecked.  All that I see is 'Local Game Settings'.  Is that what I should make sure is unchecked?  And exactly what does that do?  How does Mod Organizer treat my Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini in either case (I think that is what this option is affecting)?  I guess, why is it recommended to uncheck this option?  

Thanks so much in advance!  It seems like a little thing, but I'm guessing it makes a big difference.

Just wondering in the guide it mentions to install XPMSSE v4.32. Well this requires either Racemenu / SKEE.

SKEE is known to be highly unstable and the cause of CTDs on load. 

SKEE (alpha, unstable, causes crashes on load)

To "sorta" fix this we need SSE Engine Fixes 2.9. But that too isn't entirely stable and has a few settings mentioned to cause instability and/or CTDs 

1. Snow Sparkle - The snow sparkle effect is improperly processed on meshes that don't have proper snow sparkle settings, leading to undefined behavior (vanilla SSE) and CTDs (with memory patch).

and this which has not been fixed cause he mentions taking a break on the 11th of june and has not been back yet.

10 June 2018, 12:54AM

Hey, if you've had a crash at the address SkyrimSE+12689db could you please post your crash dump in this thread. 

So with these 3 mods in the guide I am wondering how stable will the guide be ? I'm not trying to question the guide in a bad way I'm just wondering If i take the time to do the entire guide like it is written will i be okay or am I gonna hit a plethora of problems with these 3 mods ?

How is this all working for you ?

Edited by KorruptkSwades