The Dragonborn Comes In Febuary

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I downloaded the files here at the office, but I haven't gone in to take a look. I'm going to just leave the DLC disabled until I can test impact and see what stats come back. Dagnabit...I only got my perfect SR install up and running last night! Oh well I'm glad Dragonborn is out!

In data, there is a folder called "grass" including 807 files for solstheimworld only. Then there is a folder in data called lodsettings with lodfiles for apocrypha and solstheimworld.

2 new grass meshes added, too: volcanicashgrass01 and ...02.nif

2 new water meshes added: oceanwavecurveouter.nif and ... wavesstraight.nif

scripts: 62 without special prefix, 4 with "dlc1"-prefix, 1549 with "dlc02"...

new music for apocrypha/solstheim/boatarrival

approx. 8000 new sound-files including 124 soundfiles from "skyrim.esm"

4 meshes from skyrim.esm in character/facegendata/facegeom

and 4 textures under facetint from skyrim.esm, too... otherwise nothing referring to skyrim.esm

Checking for texture conflicts with Skyrim-textures.bsa... the 4 above mentioned textures conflict.

All in all there should be at least 132 conflicts with Skyrim.esm

textures only:

OK, there are 366 files added for textures/character/facegendata/facetint/dragonborn.esm

/textures/cubemaps/apocrypha.dds

/textures/interface/books a couple of png. files...

one more texture in water named "dlc2tenticletile_n.dds"

lots and lots of textures in the folder textures/dlc02

BSAopt compressed Dragonborn.bsa from 1,760,846 KB to 949,704 KB ... o_O''' LOL WHAAAT?

DDSopt report:

Dragonborn\Dragonborn_opt":

processed files: 26744

modified textures: 9248

fixed textures: 0

fixed files: 0

broken files: 0 (0 without fixed ones)

planar (1x1) textures: 2027

changed texture formats: 2055

i/o delta: -1182389470 bytes

tex delta: -87372943 bytes

So here's a question, if we're starting a new character it seems like one would be better off just keeping the DLC disabled until your character is ready to head over into the new content. Right?

I plan on playing the story and doing my usual explore, explore, explore, take in the existing DLCs and then do Dragonborn last on this new character. Given that's a couple weeks of playtime, it would be safer to leave Dragonborn disabled or does it not really matter since I won't be over in that region?

I ran Dragonborn.bsa through BSAopt. It reduced the size to 972,498,067 bytes. The logs seem to show there was a lot of duplicate removal. Bethesda used multiple copies of the same resource with different names. There was also some compression improvement in BSAopt.