Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Sorry to be a pain but if anyone could help me with the issue in my previous post I'd be very appreciative (The missing water texture on distant ice floes).

I'm guessing it's something I've failed to do when installing either the lighting, water, ice or distant terrain mods.

Narrowing it down to any of those would help a lot so I can try reinstalling them.

Hi, you have installed something wrong for sure, it is likely from real water 2 or real ice. I would try those first. This is not the right thread for trouble shooting though you need the one at the very top of the page, all issues are handled there. 

Best of luck,

::):

If you don't have the cash laying around then no.

The memory thing isnt an issue with skyrim.

I beg to differ, I find my 980 far better than my SLI 970s... for Skyrim and for others. Might be partially SLI vs Non-SLI but the memory stutter was definitely apparent for me.

when I had crossfire on my older 6970s there was some weirdness like macro stutter (1~10sec) and some normal micro stutter.

I pulled one of the cards out and even though my framerate was lower, the stutter was almost completely gone.

Single card is always better than multi (EDIT: For everything but frame rate and performance) but in my case an extra 200 -at the time- wasnt possible.

when I had crossfire on my older 6970s there was some weirdness like macro stutter (1~10sec) and some normal micro stutter.

I pulled one of the cards out and even though my framerate was lower, the stutter was almost completely gone.

Single card is always better than multi but in my case an extra 200 -at the time- wasnt possible.

Where were you 3 years ago? I should've though of that back when I had a crossfire of 6870s :p

You might want to save that extra $200 for the 16nm Pascals, which are supposed to be out in 2016.  I really wanted to upgrade to a 970 or, better yet, a 980 but I think I'm just going to ride out my 780 until the new models come out.  Hopefully the OC doesn't burn it out before then :)

The 970s are such an improvement and so cheap that if I was running anything less than a 780 I would upgrade.  The 16nms are going to be such a huge leap forward that you are, in fact, better off waiting for them instead of spending the extra cash for a little bit of an improvement, especially a difference of $200.  If cash isn't an issue, than buy a Titan.  It's not like we're talking going from a 700 to a 900 here, the Pascals are going to absolutely destroy everything that's currently on the market so if you're going to upgrade soon you really should keep that in mind.  Of course, it depends on if we're looking at early 2016 or late 2016, but that's just another risk to consider.