Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Hi Neo,

I read through mindflux's Skyrim particle patch for ENB on enbdev. There are new fixes, especially fixed Flame Atronach that are worth checking out.

QTIpyak.png

Hi darkside,

Specifically for the flame atronach I prefer the recently added mod: ENB Corrective Flame Atronach by MatCat221.

Differs a bit from Mindflux's plus on the posts section there are some interesting points from MatCat221 concerning the Skyrim Particle Patch.

Thanks!  ::):

Real Shelter just doesn't work for me. It patched fine, no errors. I've tried moving it around in the load order, etc., and tried placing it at the very bottom.

I even made a vanilla skyrim profile with just Real Shelter installed, then repatched it from a clean .esp, and still nothing... rain passes right through every roof.

Edit: I guess it does work in some places (Riverwood), maybe the areas near Rorikstead I was testing aren't flagged as shelters... 

Hi,

For me RS dosen't work too. There is no errors, patch fine. Rain pass through ervery roof like Azum said.

Can someone explain to me how RS should work?

Has this happend to anyone else ?

Real Shelter just doesn't work for me. It patched fine, no errors. I've tried moving it around in the load order, etc., and tried placing it at the very bottom.

I even made a vanilla skyrim profile with just Real Shelter installed, then repatched it from a clean .esp, and still nothing... rain passes right through every roof.

Edit: I guess it does work in some places (Riverwood), maybe the areas near Rorikstead I was testing aren't flagged as shelters...

Hi,

For me RS dosen't work too. There is no errors, patch fine. Rain pass through ervery roof like Azum said.

Can someone explain to me how RS should work?

Has this happend to anyone else ?

You guys are the first to report it not working at all, it works great for me and k assume many others or I would have seen more complaints by now. :)

You guys have both esps active, is that correct?  You should have both Real Shelter.esp and the RS Patch.esp, with the RS Patch.esp near the end of your load order ( behind any master that it has obtained when running the script ).  There are also JK and ETAC patches on the Real Shelter page.

You guys have both esps active, is that correct?  You should have both Real Shelter.esp and the RS Patch.esp, with the RS Patch.esp near the end of your load order ( behind any master that it has obtained when running the script ).  There are also JK and ETAC patches on the Real Shelter page.

Both esp active Real Shelter is on 67 position and RSPatch is on 221 after that some REGS esp plugins, ASIS, REGS patch, SR patch, Bashed and then dual redux patch on 236.

Edited by drkalbar

Those look pretty good, are you just overwriting the other armors/clothes?

I actually have about a dozen different mesh mods that I use and occasionally edit the meshes myself to alter them to suit my tastes, selecting which ones I like best for each... And periodically changing things up. MO makes it really easy to pick and choose. But yes you can just overwrite, though I much prefer using MO 's structure to control what you see - the only thing to be careful about is that we few mesh mods require their own textures, but unlike ESPs or scripts, you can really do permanent harm with meshes and textures.

Edited by statmonster

Both esp active Real Shelter is on 67 position and RSPatch is on 221 after that some REGS esp plugins, ASIS, REGS patch, SR patch, Bashed and then dual redux patch on 236.

I would say RS works well about 98% of the time - occasionally I get persistent microstorms. When you are passing under an arch the transition from clear to snow/rain to clear and back can be a bit off - I find that when in 3rd person on horseback this discrepancy is particularly noticeable. But in general it's working well, a vast improvement from vanilla, especially with Frostfall installed.

I would say RS works well about 98% of the time - occasionally I get persistent microstorms. When you are passing under an arch the transition from clear to snow/rain to clear and back can be a bit off - I find that when in 3rd person on horseback this discrepancy is particularly noticeable. But in general it's working well, a vast improvement from vanilla, especially with Frostfall installed.

Hmm... Im trying right now with compatibility patch like you said before especially JK and ETAC. Frostfall works for me very well. I noticed in MCM Menu that Real Shelter dosen't detect frostfall mod maybe this is the clue why it dosen't seem to work well ?

I'm about 105 hours into a play through using SRLE (except OBIS, NPC KO and Dual Wield Blocking) and much of REGS plus a another dozen or so mods. In general it's going very well and seems very stable with only a couple of bugs...

One issue I have noticed recently is that enchanted charges on weapons are buggy - there is a tendency for the weapon to completely drain itself, I think it might be prompted by changing weapons via a hockey but am not sure.

I often notice that bows or swords are completely drained when I swap them. One's in my horses inventory do not seem to be subject to this and as near as I can tell it is not affecting follower's weapons. I somewhat suspect it is an issue with SkyUI hotkeys... (The ones I have noticed it on an all weapons I have assigned to Equip Groups: F1-F4.)

Another issue us that dead body cleanup is a bit temperamental - it seems to usually work well but there are a couple of Cultists lying dead in Morhal who have been there for quite a while - even though the rest of the cell reset. I shoukd probably de,eye them via console next time I pass through if they're still there...

Edited by statmonster

For folks that have problems with RS: make sure you follow installation instructions on mods page, I.e. each time you change weather (including enb.) you need to override rspatch with template provided in step 2 download and rebuild the patch. Also if you using frostfall tent you need to uncheck that option in patcher as it currently doesn't work - somewhat counterintuitive but that is what author recommends.

Edited by sm0kem

I'm about 105 hours into a play through using SRLE (except OBIS, NPC KO and Dual Wield Blocking) and much of REGS plus another dozen or so mods. In general it's going very well and seems very stable with only a couple of bugs...

One issue I have noticed recently is that enchanted charges on weapons are buggy - there is a tendency for the weapon to completely drain itself, I think it might be prompted by changing weapons via a hockey but am not sure.

I often notice that bows or swords are completely drained when I swap them. Weapons in my horses inventory do not seem to be subject to this and as near as I can tell it is not affecting follower's weapons. I somewhat suspect it is an issue with SkyUI hotkeys... (The ones I have noticed it on an all weapons I have assigned to Equip Groups: F1-F4.)

Another issue us that dead body cleanup is a bit temperamental - it seems to usually work well but there are a couple of Cultists lying dead in Morthal who have been there for quite a while - even though the rest of the cell reset. I should probably remove them via console next time I pass through if they're still there...

is that a hockey puck or stick? :P    sorry, typo made me lol

Yeah it seems to be working now... I'm gonna stop using LOOT and just follow the BOSS/BUM stuff on the guide. I think it was a load order issue with one or both Real Shelter .esp files.

I don't understand why using it on a vanilla profile didn't work either though but it's all good now.

OK need some confirmation here Real shelter's mod author say to place RS Patch before bash patch yet Neo Boss rules place it Top of dynamic plugins which is after the bash patch can someone please confirm which it is or if in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter.

Edited by Darth_mathias

OK need some confirmation here Real shelter's mod author say to place RS Patch before bash patch yet Neo Boss rules place it Top of dynamic plugins which is after the bash patch can someone please confirm which it is or if in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter.

It shouldnt matter since bash patch doesn't touch weathers. However, it being a dynamic plugin it makes more sense to be in that section, imo.