Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

When I try to start In my time of need. I talk to Sadia and she says I need to talk to you in private but she wont continue with the quest

Was she outside the inn? I had this happen exactly one time and needed to wait until later in the day when she went back. I think USKP changed up her packages to allow her to not work 24/7.... could be old info tho, it was a long time ago.

It happens inside the in, I have tried it sitting by the fire, in the room with the spit and in the bar area

edit #1 Neo, Have you ever tried Hunterborn?

edit #2 I have tried starting the quest at different times of the day. I also get a  whistle dialog. Not sure what mod it comes from. Maybe that is screwing up the quest because its not letting the quest continue because of the extra option

Edited by Razorsedge877

Whistle dialog comes from Convenient Horses. I have never had any problem with it, but to be honest I have never acquired a horse when I started In My Time of Need quest. I can't remember if there is an option in MCM to deactivate whistling, but if you have a save before buying a horse u can try that and see if this quest still bugs out.

You can turn off whistle quest in mcm, don't think that's the problem though. Since Neov remembers this from a while back the updated unofficial patch could be the culprit. Have to keep an eye on their forum. It happens sometimes that they break a former fix.

As to hunterborn with sr:le; it's a great mod but the engine just can't handle the scripts. Sr:le has about the cap of scripted mods, any more and frostfall starts to fail. It may work after the frostfall update but we'll have to see.

One way to handle it is to use the Animations mod, and then use the "wait" function for an hour or two to simulate the time it takes to skin. That makes you not skin everything unless you need evening out realism and the economy. Unfortunately you lose some of hunterborns awesome features though.

Ive never had any script problems and I have added lot of stuff not in SRLE, REGS, or PerMA packs. Only time ive remotely had script problems is when ive used the sort script inside Legacy of the Dragonborn mod. Thats only because it goes through lots of spots in your inventory looking for stuff to put on the shelves. After it finishes sorting, everything is back to normal.

Check my modlist here

I have bought horses and done the whistling thing before talking to Saadia in her quest - no problems.

I have noticed what I assume is some script lag from time to time.

Kryptopyr's SSR camouflage perk seems to be suffering from overall script lag when updating active effects, and follower pathing, general behavior and horse riding may also have some issues. (None really serious but some delayed behavior or missed actionsdo pop up from time to time.)

One change I have made to SRLE is to turn off Wet and Colds' sending NPCs indoors during rainstorms. This can interfere with some vanilla and modded scripted events (the CRF cut scene with Uthgaard, the vanilla be with Adrianne, and the one for recruiting Arrissa) and perhaps also affect brawls.

I am eagerly awaiting Frostfall, etc. updates.

Can't you like use the console for such things. I guess it's breaking immersion but it's better than the game breaking I'd say. I'm not sure how to do it but a quick google search resulted in this wiki page and the console command SetStage <quest id> <stage value>. Quest ID appears to be MS08 and you can find the stage values at the bottom of the page. I never really did this myself so someone correct me if this is wrong

Neo, updating Dual Wield Improved Animation. You say "Optionals: Blocking for Dual Wield Parrying"

There are 2 files in the mod's optional section. I assume you are referring to the first one, no? It doesn't say "Parrying", but the 2nd file says it was made "special for Immersive First Person View", which is why I'm thinking you mean that we should DL the first optional file. Would you please clarify for me? tanx!

When we install Enhanced Night Sky in the guide, are we to install ONLY the 0.4 (Medium Stars Optional) and use the vanilla galaxy, or are we to install the galaxy AND the medium stars optional?

Neo's instructions only say to install the stars. You could probably install one of the galaxies if you want to try it out. I can't say why Neo doesn't include a galaxy but I assume that it's either personal preference or maybe there are issues with the galaxies or maybe there are issues with the ENB and the galaxies.

I DID try out one of the galaxies a while back, but I really noticed a big seam in the sky that I think was attributed to the new galaxy style. It was also too colorful for my tastes.

Edited by danielleonyett