Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Here are some nice preliminary screenshots for those interested. Introducing SR:LE with the added power of DynDOLOD. All shots done with standard uGrids=5 and normal SR:LE ini tweaking.

WhiterunTundra_DynDOLOD.jpgWhiteRiverWatchBottom_DynDOLOD.jpgWhiteRiverWatch_DynDOLOD.jpg

P.S. Dont mind the widgets and such, was just a test character. :D

Phew... alright, I think I have DynDOLOD integrated into the guide now. Advanced users please take a run through and let me know how I did with the explanation, hopefully nothing got missed too bad.

Here is the changes in a nutshell:

* Updated TES5Edit to SVN Version 1930.

* Added PapyrusUtil (New Section - "Resource Mods" just below unofficial patches)

* Added TES5LODGen (New Section - "Resource Mods" just below unofficial patches)

* Added DynDOLOD (New Section - Dynamic LOD at the top of "The World of Skyrim")

* Updated Skyrim Flora Overhaul to 2.1

* Removed Realistic Aspen Trees for now (SFO 2.1 Version Not Available + No Up To Date Billboards For DynDOLOD)

* Removed Skyfalls and Skymills (No Longer Required)

* Removed The Skyrim Distance Overhaul (No Longer Required)

* Removed Vivid Landscapes SDO/Skymills Patch (No Longer Required)

* Removed B0D1C Conflict Resolution (No Longer Required)

* Added "TES5Edit Scripts" subsection to the "All Good Things Must Come To An End" section. Two subsections, one for Real Shelter and one for DynDOLOD for script instructions. Obviously moved the script instructions from the real shelter mod to here.

* Updated a few notices around the guide.

Phew... exhausted. :)

• +1 1

It looks good to me, but I've done it a few times already so I know what to expect.  Trying to read it as a new user the only spot that might get confusing is the last direction, "go to the output directory selected in the script...".  If I had to guess I'd say that's where you're going to get the most questions.  Otherwise I'd say you did a great job laying it out.

Judging by a lot of the comments here, having the "high" preset might cause some problems.  It adds a ton more rocks, though they're mainly small rocks and I found medium to be a great alternative with a big boost in performance.  Obviously high is preferred, and the one I'm running, but it might save you some headaches if you stress that medium is more than adequate for anyone with a decent but not extremely powerful rig ( seems there are a lot of people running it on laptops.  Maybe I'm just old but a lot more than I would have expected, judging from step forums and nexus mod pages ).

Looking at it again has me wondering if a section added to the Tes5Edit script section dealing with rerunning the patches wouldn't be a bad idea.  Just something reminding users to

1)  replace their RSPatch.esp with an unmodified vanilla version

2)  their DynDOLOD.esp with an unmoddified vanlla version and to delete the DyDOLOD Contents folder contents and the Skyrim/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/cache folder contents

I gave DynDoLOD on Medium Setting a go and for it is far to heavy my GTX 670 my FPS shoot to below 35 (average) 25 (min) FPS which is basically unplayable i am planning to upgrade to a GTX 970 sometime this week, I will give it another go once it turns up and is installed.

Edited by Darth_mathias

I think once you have run through the DyndoLod patching process, it's safe to uncheck the TES5LODGen billboards in MO.

You can (I think), don't see the point though as they won't affect anything being there or not. Well, except if you need to update for any reason, then it's an extra step to remember reactivating.