HRDLC for Fallout 4

Next week sometime, Bethesda will be rolling out HRDLC for FO4.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/52I2HyPCAowWG2ye8MKGU2/fallout-4-free-updates-high-resolution-texture-pack-and-ps4-pro-support

Looks like we'll need a pretty beefy rig to run the game with it. 

Recommended PC Specs:
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7-5820K or better
GTX 1080 8GB
8GB+ Ram

You'll also need an additional 58GB of drive space. :O_o:

Interesting little tidbit from the article about FO4 and SSE.

Both games are bringing new features to Mod content (more on that next week), and specifically for PlayStation 4 Pro users, we are thrilled to share details on our official PS4 Pro support.

Hopefully there is something special coming out of that.

I'd imagine an increased mod capacity and ideally support for original content on PS4 Pro... One could only hope for an MCM built-in to both games?

Some kind of load order management or conflict resolution tool for consoles would make sense, but I highly doubt it.

I'm actually pretty excited to hear this.  Just got back on FO4 after a long time away; I was pretty down on it for a while, but returning I find it's a much better game than most give it credit for, and while the mod scene has been seemingly slow to develop, it is developing.  

Alternatively, I've also just started tinkering with SSE and I must say... it doesn't take much to have that game look incredible, and at least with my system performance is solid.  I not-so-patiently (gratefully, of course) await SKSE64 and hopefully SkyUI.  The one thing that is killing me with F04 is item sorting.... 

• 2 weeks later...

so what most of us feared  happened .

while there are some noticeable improvements in certain textures the change or difference is so little it in no way justifies 58 GIGS of real estate on your drive .

and for that size it doesn't even alter all of the texture  making the ones that don't  stick out like a sore thumb .

omhfLQi.jpg

there is also very little sense in  what was decided to make better textures for and what not .

for example  on this bus stop  the poster has been uprezzed  a bit but now it makes the buss stop metal post looks like a complete mess .

gtYJguU.png

I don't  know about you guys but  for sacrificing 58 GB of my SSD i would  expect a lot better than ... well this .

ESPECIALLY when we already have texture mods  that look much better  then this and only come with a fraction of the size  and VRAM requirements .

Shame on you Bethesda  SHAME!

3NiXmuq.gif