SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Wow! I just reviewed the Yash and Reqtified guides and I am amazed!  I'm actually really excited to start to build it up. I watched some videos on both, seems to be more info on reqtified. I really like this concept of the difficulty explained in the Yash video.  How would you describe the differences between Yash2 and Reqtified to help with my selection?

If this was asked a million times before, my apologies... 

Well it's best to just read the page description on both YASH and REQUIEM to see all the differences... I can't really sum it up. I currently have YASH on my setup. I like the ideea of having a more skill based game than on perks. Both are good.

Hello,
I think I am having a problem relaret with dyndolod.
Near winhelm there is a statue of talos on a rock high above,whenever i go near to that area i get a crash fix warning. I checked the forms with tes5edit and the involved esp/esm seem to be skyrim.esm and the nsutr merged esp.
It concerns the statue of talos. Mesh problem?
Any ideas?
Thanks

do you have installed statues of skyrim?

Wow! I just reviewed the Yash and Reqtified guides and I am amazed!  I'm actually really excited to start to build it up. I watched some videos on both, seems to be more info on reqtified. I really like this concept of the difficulty explained in the Yash video.  How would you describe the differences between Yash2 and Reqtified to help with my selection?

If this was asked a million times before, my apologies... 

I've put at least 10 hours into either builds, so I guess I can contribute.

Requiem - Do you like an ass kicking? If so, choose Requiem. With Requiem, you need to be prepared for every battle, especially in the area of stamina, and recognizing what works against each particular enemy. For example, arrows do little except piss off guys in heavy armor. If you have just started out, odds are even a fight with a lowly wolf will kill you. It is incredibly hardcore, and even at higher levels, you will die often. Perks are extremely important, so you need to plan your character around that. Vampires, especially vampires who wear Ebony Armor, will wreck your day no matter what level you are. Also, prepare to read the Requiem Guide, because without it, odds are you will die horribly.

YASH - Do you like an ass kicking, but in a gentler way? If so, choose YASH. With YASH, you need to plan your character well. To defeat your enemies, you need to have gear and weapons that line up appropriately with your skill levels. Your character will also be "debuffed" if you don't have sufficient skill in a particular weapon or armor. e.g., if you wear Ebony Armor with no skill points in Heavy Armor, your character will move slower, and the armor rating will be lower than even Leather Armor with decent Light Armor skill points. Same goes to weapons. Damage and armor rating is deeply related to your skill levels. I find it easier than Requiem.

Also in general, the YASH guide gives you a setup that plays fairly well with other mods. I have maybe 20+ mods on top of the YASH guide, and have not encountered a single instance of mod conflict yet. With Requiem, there are a ton of patches out there for the various mods, for good reason. Compatibility is a pain.

Edited by johnnywatts
  • +1 1

Paul or JD, i'm not happy with the grass height and amount in game. Grass growing through forsworn beds etc. So i was checking if i had I.N.I settings right and i noticed that under your's and Darth recommendations, you have b30grassVS= 0 under Skyrim I.N.I setting, but if i use MO advanced ini tool to adjust said setting, it places it in SkyrimPref ini. Thus do i need to add said setting to the Skyrim ini and delete it from SkyrimPref ini. Appreciate any feed back Berndaroy

Paul or JD, i'm not happy with the grass height and amount in game. Grass growing through forsworn beds etc. So i was checking if i had I.N.I settings right and i noticed that under your's and Darth recommendations, you have b30grassVS= 0 under Skyrim I.N.I setting, but if i use MO advanced ini tool to adjust said setting, it places it in SkyrimPref ini. Thus do i need to add said setting to the Skyrim ini and delete it from SkyrimPref ini. Appreciate any feed back Berndaroy

Try not running the hishy land remover script.

JD thanks for replying and i will try that. However I'm still not sure as to where I'm to place b30GrassVS= 0, in Skyrim I.N.I (grass section) OR THE SkyrimPreferance I.N.I (grass Section). I've rerun BethINI and the b30GrassVS=0 is in the SkyrimPreferance section and NOT IN THE SKYRIM INI section as your guide implies

Berndaroy

JD thanks for replying and i will try that. However I'm still not sure as to where I'm to place b30GrassVS= 0, in Skyrim I.N.I (grass section) OR THE SkyrimPreferance I.N.I (grass Section). I've rerun BethINI and the b30GrassVS=0 is in the SkyrimPreferance section and NOT IN THE SKYRIM INI section as your guide implies

Berndaroy

BethINI is the source of truth.  Having said that... you can put it in both without causing issues if you're unsure.

Edited by jdsmith2816

OK, looks like I hit the first SMC request I'll need to make.  Looks like Argonians enhanced has been updated, and the 1.0 files are no longer present, nor are some of the optionals.  Here's the list as provided by SMC

HD Argonian Hairstyles-76318-1-0

HD Argonian Mouth-76318-1-0
HD Argonian Scars-76318-1-0
HD Nostrils Tintmask-76318-1-0
Argonian specular map fix-76318-1-0
?Face horn color match (Vanilla only)-76318-1-0
?Long horns pattern-76318-1-0
?More Intense color hair feathers-76318-1-0
?Mouth HD Old version-76318-1-0

As an aside, also got to Arri's Now Elf ruins, and there's an optional version of the Wayshrine Portal Fix listed as 0-0-2.  I could only find 0-0-1, and no indication that a 0-0-2 was ever made.  Does it exist, and what does it improve compared to 0-0-1?
Edited by Gyro

Question on the Yashed guide. For the companion guild mod, there is one patch in the guide (ESF Companions Patches) but in the mod order there are 2, ESF Companions DBM Patch is listed as well.  Is it required and if so, where do I find it? Thx

And another question right after.  Even Better Quest Objectives, should we select Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild in the Options for the build, or it covered by the EBQO Core pack patch

Edited by mcshame

SMC spam 3:  Dragonbone mastery.  Looks like it was updated to 2.1 and 2.1.1, and the author only kept 1.0 old versions.  SMC asks for the following:

Dragonbone Mastery - WITH Engravings - v2.0-75175-2-0
Dragonbone Mastery - WITHOUT Engravings - v2.0-75175-2-0