SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Oh Skyrim how I hate you this morning everything was fine this evening fps is is like 3 nothing has changed why are you doing this to me :wallbash:

I said exactly the same... hum... yesterday !

Also I have a question about whether the following mods would be compatible with this guide:

-Dawn of Skyrim series of mods

-Enhanced Landscapes

Dawn of skyrim will conflict with Immersive Citizen & ELFX, I switched to JK lite which is more performance friendly and less conflictual.

Enhanced Landscape edits a lot of landscape (obvious), last time I tried, I dropped it due to the amount of conflicts.

But my mods list contains a very big amount of mods not included in this guide, maybe someone else should give you an advice for this one ;)

Edited by memnochs

Muzinzafrika hi! If you are wishing to add town expansions on top of the guide you may find this helpful; https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide; it works as i use it in my present setup. Enhanced Landscapes was part of this guide at one stage but if memory serves there were issues, and dropped for the present setup of trees, flora etc. That not stopping you using it, but you would have to fix any issues with it yourself

Edited by berndaroy

Muzinzafrika hi! If you are wishing to add town expansions on top of the guide you may find this helpful; https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide; it works as i use it in my present setup. Enhanced Landscapes was part of this guide at one stage but if memory serves there were issues, and dropped for the present setup of trees, flora etc. That not stopping you using it, but you would have to fix any issues with it yourself

Hi berndaroy! How did you merge REGS with this guide so that they work without issues? Also, do you have an idea what issues came with Enhanced Landscapes, as I feel it would be a great mod to fill in the empty landscape in some places. Would it conflict with many many mods from this guide (like memnochs suggested it might) and if you don't know, how can I check it? (I understand modding practices, but not too savvy with TES5Eedit :/ )

Muzinzafrika hi! I too am still slowly learning the ropes with xedit and there are guides to help with it (look for FNVEdit Training Manual on google, don't worry about it being on fallout new veges nexus page, its the same manual for skyrim xedit)...I'm afraid it really something each of us needs to learn, if we are serious about modding. As Memnoch said enhanced landscapes has a lot of issues with this setup, off hand cannot remember specifics, as its been a long while since its removal....safe to say, if it was workable with this guide, it would still be in. Regs guide has been setup to work along side this guide among others, mainly with lighting mods used here and the all important immersive citizens. It is clear on what mods are used with this guide, on a step by step bases. Kelmych and the team are helpful if you have specific questions. So in short follow their guidance and merges, add on top of this guide, load all in xedit and look for conflict losers etc....personally didn't find many issues and only used major towns to avoid  problems with Arthmoors village mods in this guide. If you're not comfortable with this (Regs) guide, then try as Memnoch suggested JK's lite mod, but again stick to major towns avoid smaller towns/villages. Lastly these are MY VIEWS ONLY and not those of this guides authors and neither do i speak for or on their behalf. Best regards..

Hello. I've recently finished the installation of SRLE Extended LOTD, but I've recently run into an issue. So, as I was running the SkyProc patches, rebuilding the Bashed patches, and running scripts like The Great Equalizer, I only noticed afterwards that I had a JSwords.esm in my load order. Now, before I resolved the issue by removing it and re doing all of the patches and running the xEdit scripts again, the game ran fine and there were no crashes, but after I attempted to remove JSwords.esm and then redo all of the patches that had it registered as a master, the game launches, but I'm stuck at the main menu with the emblem spinning there. I've waited up to 15 minutes on several occasions, yet there seems to be no change.

So far, I've resorted the load order and made sure no patch required JSwords.esm as an enabled master. I'm not sure what's going on and I don't know how to fix it. I haven't installed mods outside of the ones suggested in this guide, and the only difference I can think of between my setup and the author's setup is our ini files, which likely have the same fundamental variables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my second time doing this on a different PC, so I really hope that it works out. Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by Skoomzi

Hello. I've recently finished the installation of SRLE Extended LOTD, but I've recently run into an issue. So, as I was running the SkyProc patches, rebuilding the Bashed patches, and running scripts like The Great Equalizer, I only noticed afterwards that I had a JSwords.esm in my load order. Now, before I resolved the issue by removing it and re doing all of the patches and running the xEdit scripts again, the game ran fine and there were no crashes, but after I attempted to remove JSwords.esm and then redo all of the patches that had it registered as a master, the game launches, but I'm stuck at the main menu with the emblem spinning there. I've waited up to 15 minutes on several occasions, yet there seems to be no change.

So far, I've resorted the load order and made sure no patch required JSwords.esm as an enabled master. I'm not sure what's going on and I don't know how to fix it. I haven't installed mods outside of the ones suggested in this guide, and the only difference I can think of between my setup and the author's setup is our ini files, which likely have the same fundamental variables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my second time doing this on a different PC, so I really hope that it works out. Thanks in advance. :)

Well the first thing that comes to mind is you haven't setup your Bash Tags correct pacifically the NoMegre tag for traps are dangerous and Khajiit Ears Show Output.

Hey Lexy,

A couple engine fix mods you should really take a look at. I got them from this performance guide by LordOfLA, which was linked earlier in the thread by bekcicandrej.

1) Load Game CTD Fix - preemptively prevents crashes due to a race condition bug the developers didn't catch. As LordOfLA puts it:

LOAD GAME CTD FIX

Load Game CTD Fix is the much-improved successor to Continue Game No Crash and actually resolves the issue rather than using a not-so-smart hack. It works by locking the loading process to a single CPU core so as to avoid thread race conditions occurring and causing crashes such as footik. Your initial (and possibly subsequent) load times will be longer but you should no longer hit crashes due to threads accessing data prematurely.

Install as usual with MO.

2) Disable Process Windows Ghosting v2 - Optional file on NVAC page - works for SKSE as well. Not packaged correctly for Skyrim, see LordOfLA's notes below:

DISABLEPROCESSWINDOWSGHOSTING V2

Another nice and easy one, but needs some assembly. Once you have downloaded this one, find the zip file and open it with your favourite zip software. Unpack the file somewhere.

Once unpacked make a folder called SKSE in the same location. Inside there make a folder Plugins move the DisableProcessWindowsGhosting.dll into your new plugins folder.

Now zip up your SKSE folder and drop the new zip in the folder you keep your Skyrim mod downloads.

Install as normal in Mod Organiser.

This will ensure that Windows doesn't fade Skyrim to white and claim it has stopped responding on loading screens unless it really has.

I said exactly the same... hum... yesterday !

Dawn of skyrim will conflict with Immersive Citizen & ELFX, I switched to JK lite which is more performance friendly and less conflictual.

Enhanced Landscape edits a lot of landscape (obvious), last time I tried, I dropped it due to the amount of conflicts.

But my mods list contains a very big amount of mods not included in this guide, maybe someone else should give you an advice for this one ;)

Surfing through reddit with city overhauls and ICAIO installed, even arthmoor says it is fine to use them but you must load the city overhauls after ICAIO so the navmesh from the city mods are being used instead of navmesh from ICAIO.

Well obviously there will be slight issue but it is the best results if you want to use both of them.

Hey Lexy,

A couple engine fix mods you should really take a look at. I got them from this performance guide by LordOfLA, which was linked earlier in the thread by bekcicandrej.

1) Load Game CTD Fix - preemptively prevents crashes due to a race condition bug the developers didn't catch. As LordOfLA puts it:

2) Disable Process Windows Ghosting v2 - Optional file on NVAC page - works for SKSE as well. Not packaged correctly for Skyrim, see LordOfLA's notes below:

Load game CTD is a life saviour, no longer I have crashes while loading my game with those pesky footIK with this mod and the load time is very minimal, at least I don't noticed it at all since I just minimize skyrim while it is loading after all.

Hi berndaroy! How did you merge REGS with this guide so that they work without issues? Also, do you have an idea what issues came with Enhanced Landscapes, as I feel it would be a great mod to fill in the empty landscape in some places. Would it conflict with many many mods from this guide (like memnochs suggested it might) and if you don't know, how can I check it? (I understand modding practices, but not too savvy with TES5Eedit :/ )

I use REGS too with this guide, but only some of them and mostly the city overhaul mods, well if you're experienced in xEdit you can hand picked them on what you want to use and not judging by the conflicts. That's personally what I've done so far. And I don't use CK at all to fix the conflict only to regenerate NAVI. So far no issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk