SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I've been using this guide for a while now successfully and have gone through and updated everything over the course of the last week or so and must say how amazing the game looks and plays, its never been better. However, I have a question that might sound strange, no one seems to have had a similar issue as far as I can tell.  There are no books of any sort to be found and vendors that sell them cause ctd. as well as some quest items like the bottle of double distilled skooma fellow in Windhelm needs. otherwise the game plays perfectly with no fps drop, script lag, anything. I can find no evidence that they are there and invisible. So I went back and troubleshot everything that I can think of to no avail. they remain in vanilla skyrim so I know that something is amiss in my mod list but I just cant find it. I'm going to try to rebuild the patch for RS children since that seems to overwrite files for Books of skyrim. after that i'm absolutely stumped. Please help

mmm I have never heard of that one before you say RS Children overwrites Books of Skyrim well there is actually a patch for that so make sure you have that. Now that fact no books are appearing with vendors makes me think there is something off with your leveled list, so really the only think I can think off is rebuilding your Bash Patch.

mmm I have never heard of that one before you say RS Children overwrites Books of Skyrim well there is actually a patch for that so make sure you have that. Now that fact no books are appearing with vendors makes me think there is something off with your leveled list, so really the only think I can think off is rebuilding your Bash Patch.

Lol I cant find any books at all actually.  I actually tried to get through the game despite that only to realize that most quests are impossible without them. vendors and containers with books cause instant crashing.  I tried rebuilding everything multiple times to no avail so far. Based on nexus forum advise I came across, I tried loading xEdit and applying "Apply filter for conflict users" on the Skyrim.esm which showed some overwrites on most of the books from the LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp and then Unofficial skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp. ? I'll try to make sure I got those updated per the guide.  

Lol I cant find any books at all actually.  I actually tried to get through the game despite that only to realize that most quests are impossible without them. vendors and containers with books cause instant crashing.  I tried rebuilding everything multiple times to no avail so far. Based on nexus forum advise I came across, I tried loading xEdit and applying "Apply filter for conflict users" on the Skyrim.esm which showed some overwrites on most of the books from the LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp and then Unofficial skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp. ? I'll try to make sure I got those updated per the guide.  

I see so I take this is on a game in progress? does this occur on a new game. I ask cos I know Lexy has lost all dummies and archery target in Solitude and the alchemy table in breezehome she can still activate them it just they are invisible, but those are there on a new game.

for anyone interested, if you go into Xedit and find:

_Camp_Tent_LargeLeatherStaticSN

_Camp_Tent_LargeHideStaticSN

_Camp_Tent_SmallLeatherStaticSN

under STATIC in campfire.esm, forward them to the bashed patch, and you can alter them under DNAM - Direction Material\Material to each read

SnowMaterialObject1PBetterDynamicSnow [MATO:2C001305]

this will make all the tents use better dynamic snow's snow shaders, and looks much better all around. you'll need to add BDS to the master list of the bash patch, but thats NBD.

for anyone interested, if you go into Xedit and find:

_Camp_Tent_LargeHideStaticSN

_Camp_Tent_SmallLeatherStaticSN

under STATIC in campfire.esm, forward them to the bashed patch, and you can alter them under DNAM - Direction Material\Material to each read

SnowMaterialObject1PBetterDynamicSnow [MATO:2C001305]

this will make all the tents use better dynamic snow's snow shaders, and looks much better all around. you'll need to add BDS to the master list of the bash patch, but thats NBD.

there is actually a mod that does that and is mergeable automatically into the bash patch https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88731/? a lot easier to use ::D:

I Have downloaded it for Lexy to look at.

I see so I take this is on a game in progress? does this occur on a new game. I ask cos I know Lexy has lost all dummies and archery target in Solitude and the alchemy table in breezehome she can still activate them it just they are invisible, but those are there on a new game.

:) I think your first guess was accurate! I didn't have updated bash tags on the LOTD Patches Merged.esp which goofed up the leveled lists. Also had an outdated and mismatched 2k texture pack for it.  Many thanks for everything you do here m8! 

there is actually a mod that does that and is mergeable automatically into the bash patch https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88731/? a lot easier to use ::D:

I Have downloaded it for Lexy to look at.

ah so it merges. i didnt bother looking to see if it would, just copied the changes into my patch and called it a day.

also of note, did you guys know your npc retextures CR esp will merge into the bash patch? just right click it in WB and select mark mergeable.

Guys, I'm making a custom merge of the LOTD patches. Do you know if there's any reason I should keep only the patches that were in the SRLD merge and leave the rest out? Why are those patches in the optionals archive unmerged? What if I merge the whole lot and get rid of many extra plugins?

Does anyone use Amulets of Skyrim with this build? What do you think of it? Is it worth it?

Using both Amulets of Skyrim and Immersive Jewelry - absolutely worth it IMO, especially the latter. They come on the leveled lists and at level 80 I hardly ever got a piece of jewelry I already had. I displayed whatever went on the museum and kept a private collection in the safehouse with the rest. Add the enchanted versions and you're likely never going to see them all.

I'm also wondering about the Good Guy series:

House of Horrors Alternate Ending

Boethiah for Good Guys

Namira for Good Guys

I'd like to use them but and just wondering if others use them.

There's also the DB for good guys that I've tried but it does nothing with the game mechanics, only adds some context for the targets.

Using both Amulets of Skyrim and Immersive Jewelry - absolutely worth it IMO, especially the latter. They come on the leveled lists and at level 80 I hardly ever got a piece of jewelry I already had. I displayed whatever went on the museum and kept a private collection in the safehouse with the rest. Add the enchanted versions and you're likely never going to see them all.

There's also the DB for good guys that I've tried but it does nothing with the game mechanics, only adds some context for the targets.

OHHHH Immersive Jewelry has displays in the museum too? I went over the patch and didnt look like a display was setup for the mod.

ah so it merges. i didnt bother looking to see if it would, just copied the changes into my patch and called it a day.

also of note, did you guys know your npc retextures CR esp will merge into the bash patch? just right click it in WB and select mark mergeable.

Yes I was aware the NPC Retexture CR merges into the bash patch. I never actually marked in WB as mergeable it just did so on it's own.

Hey guys have added Obsidian Mountain Fogs For Legendary Edition and Campfire Better Dynamic Snow Patch. Obsidian Mountain Fogs For Legendary Edition was added the the Vivid Weathers Merge and Campfire Better Dynamic Snow Patch merges into the Bash Patch so no extra esp slots were used (which is always a good thing).

Also new Testing CR available from the Dropbox.

Hey guys have added Obsidian Mountain Fogs For Legendary Edition and Campfire Better Dynamic Snow Patch. Obsidian Mountain Fogs For Legendary Edition was added the the Vivid Weathers Merge and Campfire Better Dynamic Snow Patch merges into the Bash Patch so no extra esp slots were used (which is always a good thing).

Also new Testing CR available from the Dropbox.

I had just fetched obsidian mountain fogs to try it out! Great job, thanks!

BTW, has anyone ever tried perkus maximus with this build? There is a page for adding it to Neo's original SR:LE (here). Sounds scary but would it be worth a try? It might take care of several features currently covered by diverse mods. I was looking for alternatives to ordinator and the myst mods which enrich the game but a bit too much for me (I never used most of the new spells or enchantments and when I read the PerMa description page I felt some resonance with the feeling that some perkes are not that interesting, even in Ordinator. I know you guys (nozzer, darth) have fiddled with this way back:

It's doable, but you may need to do a bit of merging to fit the full list of REGS mods in. I've been able to get Perma with SRLE and most of REGS in pretty much right on the plugin limit with minimal merges.

Is it just too overwhelming to be worth the effort?