SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Ok I'll give that a shot. Two things I'm wondering about with regards to the Merge Plugins and Bashed Patch though:

I didn't install CK since it was an optional install. Would this affect the Merge Plugins section in any way since I don't have Papyrus Compiler? I didn't get any errors.

I also haven't really been extracting BSA's except for a couple, would this affect the Bashed Patch?

You should be able to get away with not having the CK installed for Merge Plugins but you do need the Champollion PEX to papyrus Decompiler for the Script mods.

not having the BSA extracted should not be an issue for the Bash patch.

Hello again, I am sorry to trouble everyone, but I seem to be a little lost. I just need some clarification as I seem to have made a mistake the first time I assembled SRLE and would like to correct it this time. Following the guide I made it to optimizing Falskaar and ran DDSopt, I misread something however and optimized the entirety of the mod instead of the textures and normal maps folders. Going back I read https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:DDSopt/Skyrim and https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:DDSopt but I am still slightly confused.

Forgive me if this a dumb set of questions, but it almost feels like I am getting conflicting information in regards to optimizing. For starters this is linked next to every mod I need to optimize https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition/DDSOpt_Processing if i follow this can I just ignore the other guides? Do I still need to prepare mod textures for optimization? Lastly (and most likely the most idiotic question) where are the files labeled "Normal maps"? Following the base guide they are clearly labeled in the vanilla textures, am I missing a step or are they simply not present in mods. I am aware that a "Normal map" is a picture that corresponds to the texture and uses color to indicate the ability of it to reflect light and the like.

Please help and I am deeply sorry for the dumb questions.

When it comes to optimizing Falskaar and Helgen Reborn I have always did it as Per Neo's instructions. If i remember rightly Falskaar and Helgen Reborn don't have msn.dds file so you can skip over that.

I actually don't clean the DLC's through Mod Organizer so I could be wrong here think they end up in the Overwrite folder.

Yes they are in my overwrite, should I send them back to Unmanaged and if so how? Thanks again for the quick reply! Having a lot of fun using this guide :)!

Edited by TheLoneStar19

Yes they are in my overwrite, should I send them back to Unmanaged and if so how? Thanks again for the quick reply! Having a lot of fun using this guide :)!

you need to right click on the overwrite folder in Mod Organizer and select "create a mod" called Clean base ESM's or something like that and then activate it.

you should also through stream require the uncleaned files by selecting verify integrity of game cache

• +1 1

you need to right click on the overwrite folder in Mod Organizer and select "create a mod" called Clean base ESM's or something like that and then activate it.

Thanks for the help! I'll let you know if I run into any trouble again. Have a good one! :D

Also quick question, should I merge mods that have a Hotfix that go with it? such as 

• Konahriks Accoutrements - Dragon Priest Armory -  And  - Konahriks Accoutrements - HOTFIX
Edited by TheLoneStar19

Thanks for the help! I'll let you know if I run into any trouble again. Have a good one! :D

Also quick question, should I merge mods that have a Hotfix that go with it? such as 

• Konahriks Accoutrements - Dragon Priest Armory -  And  - Konahriks Accoutrements - HOTFIX

well at the end of the day that is up to you we say to merge mod that are update files and have separate mods for optional and miscellaneous files. But if you want update file to be separate mods then that is OK.

• +1 1

well at the end of the day that is up to you we say to merge mod that are update files and have separate mods for optional and miscellaneous files. But if you want update file to be separate mods then that is OK.

Thanks for the help :D!! The Unmanaged Files are back after Verifying Integrity the Cache :P!

Wheee I finished off installing the guide  ::D: Now it is normal for the game to take 6 minutes or so after you launch the SKSE launcher in MO? It goes straight to the main menu with the emblem spinning like it should. I can see the game is loading as task manager show its using processing with 30% of the cpu being used then drops to 2% after the options pop up.

EDIT: OK that will do it LOL. I missed the part in the guide about the SKSE.ini plugins for SKSE itself and for crsah fixes now it loads up with 2 mins haha

Yeah it can take some time to load. Considering you have to load all the mods. It takes a while. Not sure what your system is, but the better the system is helps.

OK, so sorry for this completely off-topic question, but I've searched everywhere and can't find this, so I'm turning to smarter people than me.  I want to give modded FO4 a try but can't find a guide like this anywhere...anyone have any experience or know where to find a similar guide?  Thx!!!

edit:  think i found it by searching backwards from this forum...https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11782-wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2/... Not able to delete post, plz disregard.

Game on

Edited by Gutmaw

I've been using this guide for a while now successfully and have gone through and updated everything over the course of the last week or so and must say how amazing the game looks and plays, its never been better. However, I have a question that might sound strange, no one seems to have had a similar issue as far as I can tell.  There are no books of any sort to be found and vendors that sell them cause ctd. as well as some quest items like the bottle of double distilled skooma fellow in Windhelm needs. otherwise the game plays perfectly with no fps drop, script lag, anything. I can find no evidence that they are there and invisible. So I went back and troubleshot everything that I can think of to no avail. they remain in vanilla skyrim so I know that something is amiss in my mod list but I just cant find it. I'm going to try to rebuild the patch for RS children since that seems to overwrite files for Books of skyrim. after that i'm absolutely stumped. Please help