SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Happy New year to one and all

I would lean toward not merging these mods as an interim solution because Creation Kit may add wild edits (like navmeshes) when saving an unmodified mod and I think navmeshes can't be merged. I think I remember this happening to the person diagnosing this issue on AFK mods.

yeah it will save headaches I'll just add the "NoMerge" Tag and leave the CK option for those who are more comfortable with it.

Hello, it has been a long time since I have replied to these forums and I just wanted to say thank you again for all the time, effort, and love that went into this project. I found myself returning to skyrim again recently and loving filling out the museum and exploring all the additional content. I was recently doing the thieves guild content and found several bugs that are bothering me (disappearing heads as an example), but there are other bugs as well that have been fixed and addressed in my long absence. When I installed all these mods, Wyrmstooth was still a part of the load order.

In any case I am not looking for any advice on bug fixes or anything like that. I am essentially asking after more than a year ago of installation I wanted some advice. In my long hiatus of playing I am debating doing a fresh install on my SSD and completely reinstalling the massive mod pack. I have not touched it in over a year, does anyone here think that it is a good idea? Or has the changes been minimal enough that i would not see much of a difference in performance or play-ability. This is strictly an opinion based question, and while it took my many hours to install it the first time I loved every second of the gameplay that came after. Much appreciated on your input and thank you so much again for your time.

Welcome back to be honest this guide has gone over massive changes in a year you're better off with a fresh install.

Happy New year to one and all

yeah it will save headaches I'll just add the "NoMerge" Tag and leave the CK option for those who are more comfortable with it.

Welcome back to be honest this guide has gone over massive changes in a year you're better off with a fresh install.

Thank you so much! It takes a lot of work, but for some reason I really enjoy doing it, I am going to wipe my PC clean of the game tonight then and begin the long download once more. If i have any troubles I will check to see if it has been addressed anywhere else then post a question here. Thank you guys so much again!

So every time I try to loot a body the game CTD. Crash Fixes plugin reports the following: Game has crashed with exception address 0x86D741!

Any idea what this means? 

Its does not ctd while looting all the bodies. Just some. For example, bandits in the Embershard Mine or the body of 'Niels' in 'Vald's Lucky Dagger' quest.

I tried starting a new game as well but the problem still persists so, it can't just be a broken save.

Any pointers as to where I should start looking to troubleshoot the problem will be appreciated. 

A strange thing happened when I attempted to follow the instructions for installing Enhanced Vanilla Trees. The instructions say to load it into Creation Kit because it has a 'wrong form version in the file header' and then save. I noticed that when I did this the .esp was placed in the overwrite file....I did this twice just to confirm. If this is WAD should I put the .esp back in the mod or did I do something wrong?

A strange thing happened when I attempted to follow the instructions for installing Enhanced Vanilla Trees. The instructions say to load it into Creation Kit because it has a 'wrong form version in the file header' and then save. I noticed that when I did this the .esp was placed in the overwrite file....I did this twice just to confirm. If this is WAD should I put the .esp back in the mod or did I do something wrong?

no that is normal the newly saved esp does end up in the Overwrite folder once saved in the CK so just move it back to the mod.

but I want to draw your attention to my wife's Post https://forum.step-project.com/topic/10924-srle-extended-legacy-of-the-dragonborn/?p=212964 where she states she was wrong about having to do that. She said she should be back to updating and guide maintenance this week.

no that is normal the newly saved esp does end up in the Overwrite folder once saved in the CK so just move it back to the mod.

but I want to draw your attention to my wife's Post https://forum.step-project.com/topic/10924-srle-extended-legacy-of-the-dragonborn/?p=212964 where she states she was wrong about having to do that. She said she should be back to updating and guide maintenance this week.

Thank you for the quick reply. I did search of the forum for "Enhanced Vanilla Trees" before I posted so missed the reference to "EVT". I remember you guys asking all the questions of Neovalen when you began this mod pack about two years ago. Reading Lexy's answer convinces me that you guys are now the masters. Thanks for your labors.

Thank you for the quick reply. I did search of the forum for "Enhanced Vanilla Trees" before I posted so missed the reference to "EVT". I remember you guys asking all the questions of Neovalen when you began this mod pack about two years ago. Reading Lexy's answer convinces me that you guys are now the masters. Thanks for your labors.

Personally I don't consider myself a master (Neo will always be the Grand Master) I am more a user that have screwed up once or twice ^_^

The AAE Merged Patch has the High level Enemies patch in it but it doesn't look like that mod being used any longer.

You need to use the version from the dropbox I updated. I did pass it to SirJesto but as of yet he hasn't updated probably cos he has moved on the SSE.

Ugh. Thanks. Of course if I had scrolled down just a little further I would have seen that ...

Okay, I downloaded that patch but am still getting an error that HIC is needed.

Shouldn't the HIC patch be removed from the list?

Edited by rayhne

Ugh. Thanks. Of course if I had scrolled down just a little further I would have seen that ...

Okay, I downloaded that patch but am still getting an error that HIC is needed.

yes we now use High Level Enemies - SIC Edition found on the Skyrim Immersive Creature page. That it was i changed to in the new AAE Patch i provide.