SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

You wont have to rebuild any merge or rerun any script unless the changelog points out record changes which may conflict with the values of your old patch/merge. Even then you can just load it all up in xedit and port the conflicting edits to your old patch/merge.

Well, I obviously have a lot to learn, so thanks for enlightening me on what doesn't need to be redone :) (although I still haven't the foggiest how to distinguish on my own what does vs doesn't need to be redone, other than annoyingly asking about every single thing, since I don't know what's actually going on under the bonnet).

And that paragraph is utter Greek to me.

Well, I obviously have a lot to learn, so thanks for enlightening me on what doesn't need to be redone :) (although I still haven't the foggiest how to distinguish on my own what does vs doesn't need to be redone, other than annoyingly asking about every single thing, since I don't know what's actually going on under the bonnet).

And that paragraph is utter Greek to me.

Damn I suck with words.

Like for example, lets say the Conflict Resolution hypothetically edited NecroLichRace to give it some stuff. Then if the Classical Lichdom changelog states that the latest update added a new ability to the NecroLichRace record, the Conflict Resolution patch would have to be updated.

But if thats not the case, then you dont have to do anything other than to update Classical Lichdom and delete the dirty edits in that mod.

You can just assume that you dont have to do anything other than reclean Classical Lichdom since all the new updates are just balance and bugfixes to Classical Lichdom's newly added content.

Edited by ConnerRia

Sorry, I should have clarified - it's not Greek to me because you didn't explain it well, but because I just have no knowledge of programming.  It's not you, it's me.  I don't know what a "NecroLichRace record" is, nor a "dirty edit".

Tangentially, do you have any idea(s) regarding the " 'unit' expected' but 'he' found " issue?  I've restarted TES5Edit, MO, de- and re-activated some plugins . . . nothing.

Edited by alphakay1488

Sorry, I should have clarified - it's not Greek to me because you didn't explain it well, but because I just have no knowledge of programming.  It's not you, it's me.  I don't know what a "NecroLichRace record" is, nor a "dirty edit".

Tangentially, do you have any idea(s) regarding the " 'unit' expected' but 'he' found " issue?  I've restarted TES5Edit, MO, de- and re-activated some plugins . . . nothing.

Nah this isnt related to programming, I should have explained better.

Im not a programmer either. I learned some papyrus just so I could fulfill my power fantasy of roleplaying as a traditional DnD lich in Skyrim  ::P:

Edited by ConnerRia

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn#ASIS

. . . but how do you access the configuration menu?  How do you cause it to generate those files?  It doesn't seem to be either an executable or a script, so how are we to "run" it?

When you install ASIS, click on the green and blue Cog icon to open up the Configure Executables window. In the first line, type ASIS Patcher, or something like that. In the second line, click the elipsis (browse button and navigate to Steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/mod organiser/mods/asis/skyProc Patchers and double click on the ASIS.jar file.

Click the Add button and close the window. Then from the drop-down section, above the right pane of Mod Organiser, click it and scroll to find the Asis Patcher you just added. Then you can click the Run button which will bring up the Asis Patcher dialogue, from there, deselect all but the last check box, then click patch.

Once it has run, it will close, and you will find an ASIS.esp in your Overwrite folder. Right-click on the Overwrite folder and select "create mod" name it SRLE Extended LOTD - Asis Patch or something similar, move it to the SkyProc Patches section in the left pane of Mod Organiser and click the check box to activate it.

Edited by fallenknighte

Why would you have to reinstall all of them? You already cleaned them!

The update to classical lichdom just means you have to download the new classical lichdom esp, and reclean that.

You wont have to rebuild any merge or rerun any script unless the changelog points out record changes which may conflict with the values of your old patch/merge. Even then you can just load it all up in xedit and port the conflicting edits to your old patch/merge.

Rerunning texgen/dyndolod is wholly unnecesssary unless the update changes things LOD/landscape wise.

Wait, if I update classical lichdom I need to reclean it as well?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

As per the following post on the NotSoFast-MG Nexus page

xmXb8c1.jpg

Could you please add an MCM config note that the delay between the Wards lesson and the Saarthal quest should be zero? CWI makes Tolfdir disappear entirely (and, in fact, all instructors' daily schedules are killed off) until Saarthal starts, and NSF-MG requires the player be near Tolfdir--who doesn't exist--before Saarthal will begin. So he needs to start it immediately following the Wards lesson, or you'll be required to play with help+prid+moveto.player or setstages in order to start it.

Thanks! ^^/

Edited by AyaJulia

For Bash Tags, is adding (or removing) them via Edit Metadata in LOOT just as good as doing it from Wrye Bash?  Or if those two are different somehow, how (functionally) are they different?

you don't need to change bash tags using LOOT Just use Wrye Bash.

Wait, if I update classical lichdom I need to reclean it as well?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yes you do.

As per the following post on the NotSoFast-MG Nexus page

xmXb8c1.jpg

Could you please add an MCM config note that the delay between the Wards lesson and the Saarthal quest should be zero? CWI makes Tolfdir disappear entirely (and, in fact, all instructors' daily schedules are killed off) until Saarthal starts, and NSF-MG requires the player be near Tolfdir--who doesn't exist--before Saarthal will begin. So he needs to start it immediately following the Wards lesson, or you'll be required to play with help+prid+moveto.player or setstages in order to start it.

Thanks! ^^/

Ok will do thank you for letting me know I have not been through the college quests in such as long time.

This little black duck is starting a new playthrough again. Yes you can officially be afraid. I'll be looking like a hawk for screw ups. Fun shall be had.

I'm actually going to let you lovely people select what I should play this time. The ONLY proviso is that it's a female character. Have at it.

This little black duck is starting a new playthrough again. Yes you can officially be afraid. I'll be looking like a hawk for screw ups. Fun shall be had.

I'm actually going to let you lovely people select what I should play this time. The ONLY proviso is that it's a female character. Have at it.

Female Khajiit assassin/thief specializing is illusion and alteration and alchemy.

I am an orc Battlemage specializing in destruction, One handed Conjuration and smithing with a bit or archery. i do have some perks in other school cos with ordinator it helps.

I use mostly a bound sword and lob fire balls. I have a crossbow for dragon fights.

So far the quest line i have been go through is the companions and main quest and legacy just taken the horn back and now officially Dragonborn.

I might do a bit of the college quest line but it not a major propriety.

so if you did an assassin/thief character you could cover thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood and check for stuff there.

Companions i use are:

Sofia - Archer in Northgirl armour (also use her as my pack mule)

Toccatta - Wayfarer's Coat healing as much as possible

Inigo - Light armor Rogue type

Anum-La - Heavy armour warrior (Also like her personal quest)

I am currently in fully plate armour

When you install ASIS, click on the green and blue Cog icon to open up the Configure Executables window. In the first line, type ASIS Patcher, or something like that. In the second line, click the elipsis (browse button and navigate to Steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/mod organiser/mods/asis/skyProc Patchers and double click on the ASIS.jar file.

Click the Add button and close the window. Then from the drop-down section, above the right pane of Mod Organiser, click it and scroll to find the Asis Patcher you just added. Then you can click the Run button which will bring up the Asis Patcher dialogue, from there, deselect all but the last check box, then click patch.

Once it has run, it will close, and you will find an ASIS.esp in your Overwrite folder. Right-click on the Overwrite folder and select "create mod" name it SRLE Extended LOTD - Asis Patch or something similar, move it to the SkyProc Patches section in the left pane of Mod Organiser and click the check box to activate it.

Is it an issue that the FNIS generated files and Bashed Patch 0 are also in the Overwrite folder?  Do they need to be separated as their own mod(s) first?

EDIT: Or, if the SkyProc Patchers folder and ASIS.esp are the only changes the patcher makes (doesn't affect Overwrite\scripts, Overwrite\meshes, Overwrite\tools, Overwrite\Bashed Patch, 0.esp, etc.) then can I just manually cut and paste the SkyProc Patchers folder and ASIS.esp from the MO\Overwrite folder into a separate folder in MO\Mods?

you don't need to change bash tags using LOOT Just use Wrye Bash.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I am asking if there's any difference between them.  Like, is doing it in one equivalent to doing it in the other?

Edited by alphakay1488