SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Actually, all I suggested was to cut the value of everything by, say, 10 - if that were possible. That means rewards would go down by 10 as well, unless they're not affected by the medieval economy (sorry not tested it yet). Even with the unchanged economy I'm still playing (TME dumped an error when I tried to run it in my build), it would be great to just see one zero go. But the greatest imbalance is just a part of the game and it's the ease with which you carry at least 10 corpses' worth of loot, plus your follower mules, and sell it just as easily. The ease with which you make 10 corpses to loot, to begin with. But take that away and it's a boring game. I don't mind starting slow but at level 30 I want to be torching, sniping out or charging through tons of enemies, because it's fun.

if you really want to adjust the TME price it can be done by manually adjusting the script by the use of notepad:

Q: How does this mod work?
A: One septim now is equal to half of the English medieval farthing (1/8 of a penny).
You can also think of the smallest Roman coin ("as") during the decay of the Empire.
I took medieval prices from my sources and compared them to the vanilla Skyrim prices.
This allowed me to calculate some multipliers, and my script will create a patch for all your items with changed prices.

Q: I want more details
A: Food x0.5 if you don't use CACO/x0.25 if you do use CACO, alchemy and ingredients x2.5.
Backpacks/bandoliers/knapsack x10, tools x5, ingots/ore x5, clutter x5 and pelts x5.
(Campfire, Bandoliers and Wet and Cold with addons supported)
Clothing x20, gems/silverware/jewelry x15.
Clothing and Clutter Fixes will also make stuff above more balanced and expensive!
Armor x15, melee weapons x10, bows/crossbows x5, arrows and bolts x2.
Books x20, scrolls x10, spell tomes and recipes x10.
Note: all modifiers can be simply changed inside the script! No programming knowledge required, only notepad.
Horse is 10 000, mercenary is 10 000, room rental is 4, all houses are more expensive..
1 hour of woodcutting will earn you 1.5 septims, of mining - 2 (with RP Chopping and mining).
If your spouse has a store he/she will earn your from 25 to 50 septims a day.
Bosses are much more richer than usual enemies.
Wergeld (bounty for murder) now is 15 000 septims, other bounties also higher.

Also the TME does actually change Septims to a bronze coin i didn't install the textures it cos i didn't like it that much.

So maybe we should just adjust the script prices my half? it looks fairly simple to do.

so quick test i adjusted the TME Armour prices and reduce it from x15 to x7.5 and this was the result:

Iron Armour (the chest plate)

Vanilla price = 125

Without mod adjustment (ie x15) = 1875

With mod adjustment (ie 7.5) = 938

Also if i am reading the Script and the mod authors description correctly we may no longer actually need RRR with TME.

Edit: Look like we still do need RRR as price don't look like there adjusted.

Ok I have heard back from the mod author of TME and he say:

Q: Is there way of adjusting the patcher so everything is dividing by 10?
A: Yes. You need to edit first lines of the script. It's very simple

Q: Are the rewards for quests affected by your mod.
A: Yes

Q: Are training price adjusted.
A: No

Q: Are price for renting rooms.

so from that we keep RRR which i had already worked out.

Also as I said before I have already looked at the script and worked how to adjust the prices. We now all just need to agree what adjustment should be made. I suggest we reduce Armours, Weapons, Spell tomes and maybe clothing, gems, jewellery and silverware by half and leave everything else as is?

So over to you guys Answers on a postcard to Lexy is slowly going insane :wacko:

I'm having this appear whilst trying to run Dyndolod - There is a problem in SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp with [CELL:00009299] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -14,24) using [0E34D523] < Error: Could not be resolved > in DeadlySpellImpacts.esp

[00:00:02.110] SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp probably requires a different version of DeadlySpellImpacts.esp

I've double checked and I'm definitely running version 1.6.1, anyone got any ideas? 

Fixed: Reinstalling the Conflict Resolution patch and running LOOT again seems to have fixed this issue

Edited by Blackmore01

I'm having this appear whilst trying to run Dyndolod - There is a problem in SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp with [CELL:00009299] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -14,24) using [0E34D523] < Error: Could not be resolved > in DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
[00:00:02.110] SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp probably requires a different version of DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
I've double checked and I'm definitely running version 1.6.1, anyone got any ideas? 

Fixed: Reinstalling the Conflict Resolution patch and running LOOT again seems to have fixed this issue

There is a problem in Bashed Patch, 0.esp with Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62] using [4D00DFE3] < Error: Could not be resolved > in SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp
[00:09:56.803] Bashed Patch, 0.esp probably requires a different version of SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp

I've now had the issue occur again after running DynDOLOD for a bit? I just keep getting weird issues thrown my way

There is a problem in Bashed Patch, 0.esp with Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62] using [4D00DFE3] in SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp
[00:09:56.803] Bashed Patch, 0.esp probably requires a different version of SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp

I've now had the issue occur again after running DynDOLOD for a bit? I just keep getting weird issues thrown my way

interesting there shouldn't be a conflict there try redoing the Bash Patch?

Can you upload a screenshot of the conflict in xEdit please.

Ok I have heard back from the mod author of TME and he say:

Q: Is there way of adjusting the patcher so everything is dividing by 10?

A: Yes. You need to edit first lines of the script. It's very simple

Q: Are the rewards for quests affected by your mod.

A: Yes

Q: Are training price adjusted.

Q: Are price for renting rooms.

so from that we keep RRR which i had already worked out.

Also as I said before I have already looked at the script and worked how to adjust the prices. We now all just need to agree what adjustment should be made. I suggest we reduce Armours, Weapons, Spell tomes and maybe clothing, gems, jewellery and silverware by half and leave everything else as is?

So over to you guys Answers on a postcard to Lexy is slowly going insane :wacko:

I haven't poke the script so I don't know where to change it, is it only 1 line required to change everything?

Half of all of them since reasonable enough, or maybe 1/4? If half is still considered too much.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I haven't poke the script so I don't know where to change it, is it only 1 line required to change everything?

Half of all of them since reasonable enough, or maybe 1/4? If half is still considered too much.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

if you open the script using notepad locate the line //here you can change different modifiers (also where compatibility checks are performed, lower)

xHouse := 5.0;

xHeavyArmor := 15.0;

xLightArmor := 15.0;

xClothing := 20.0;

xGearCloak := 10.0;

xMeleeWeapon := 10.0;

xBowCrossbow := 5.0;

xAmmo := 2.0;

xBook := 20.0;

xSpellTomeRecipe := 10.0;

xFood := 0.5;

xAlchemy := 2.5;

xIngredient := 2.5;

xScroll := 10.0;

xIngotOre := 5.0;

xTools := 5.0;

xClutter := 5.0;

xPelt := 5.0;

xGem := 15.0;

xSilverware := 15.0;

xJewelry := 15.0;

xGoldLvl := 10.0;

xSSE := 0.5;

adjust the number to what you want. Don't forget they are a multiplier so if you want armors price halved by the current valve the script produces them adjust them to 7.5 and so on and so forth. then save and run the script in xEdit.

here is my suggestion change:

xHeavyArmor := 7.5;
    xLightArmor := 7.5;
    xClothing := 10.0;
    xGearCloak := 5.0;
    xMeleeWeapon := 5.0;
    xBowCrossbow := 2.5;
    xSpellTomeRecipe := 5.0;
    xScroll := 5.0;
    xGem := 7.5;
    xSilverware := 7.5;
    xJewelry := 7.5;

this is not tested as yet so please go forth a try it out.

Thanks for reaching out to the mod author Lexy. I still think I'd like septims to be worth a little more than the lowest medieval/late roman coin. I know that makes it complicated because some things, like food, would be worth under 1 septim or probably just be set as 1 septim if the game doesn't allow for lower values, so some balancing would be lost. It's just my personal preference that nominal values and the amount of septims you carry with you be reduced. I used to play Ultima Online which devs had lost a lot of time designing the virtual economy system but "farming" inevitably led to crazy prices in the player economy like truly rare weapons going for 400K to 1Mil and the such. Still, it made pretty good sense since it was a player-run economy, run by the relative scarcity of items and by the amount of gold that players would be able to "farm" - and this, in the end, dictated the scarcity of coin, or lack thereof, which is why prices were so inflated.

Skyrim has the same issue, which is made even more noticeable by the TME balancing, which is that in the game it's extremely easy to come by valuable items such as weapons, armor, gems, just by "farming". Maybe the true balancing adjustments should reflect the reality of the game instead of the reality of middle-ages economy?

I know, I'm not helping LOL Just thinking that given TME's config is of simple adjustment, one could run a test and play for a decent amount of time, hoarding everything (I use Haven Bag that allows for the ultimate hoarding experience ;) and after a while count the amount of items found in each category: food, ingredients, weapons and armor by "material", etc and then try to introduce fixes to the balancing figures with one question in mind - how long should I play, on average, to make 10k septims?

While I think it's fun and "realistic" that gear and jewelry is worth so much more than food, the fact that in game you come by those things so easily is what's giving everybody such vast amounts of cash. Short of reducing the availability of everything in game, which would mean changing the game mechanics completely, you can either live with the high figures, or try to fine-tune the system, or just cut back one zero like I had suggested, which might be the easy approach. I wonder what would happen if you edited the file like this:

xHouse := 0.5;

xHeavyArmor := 1.5;

xLightArmor := 1.5;

xClothing := 2.0;

xGearCloak := 1.0;

xMeleeWeapon := 1.0;

xBowCrossbow := 0.5;

xAmmo := 0.2;

xBook := 2.9;

xSpellTomeRecipe := 1.0;

xFood := 0.05;

xAlchemy := 0.25;

xIngredient := 0.25;

xScroll := 1.0;

xIngotOre := 0.5;

xTools := 0.5;

xClutter := 0.5;

xPelt := 0.5;

xGem := 1.5;

xSilverware := 1.5;

xJewelry := 1.5;

xGoldLvl := 1.0;

xSSE := 0.05;

I don't know, would the game round every sub-1 value to 1? Even if that happens, I don't thing it would hurt balance that much and, while maintaining most of the relative values, it would make the amount of septims more manageable and eventually allow for a septims-with-weight mod if you ever want to add it.

Sorry about this long post, just got carried away and as I said, I couldn't do the testing myself as the script outputs an error on my mod build that I haven't been able to fix yet. Just hope this adds to the best outcome for everybody regardless of whether or not you guys agree,

I guess I don't understand all of this effort about balancing the economy rather than embracing it... By the very nature of being the dragonborn you are destined to become the wealthiest person in all of skyrim.  At a minimum you end up owning the sum collective worth of the number of people you slay...

Anytime one individual owns the collective worth of many individuals he becomes wealthy and has a different perspective on how the world works...  Why is it so different for the Dragonborn.

To me it makes total sense that after a slow start I can easily afford to purchase almost anything I want where I want only limited by my ability to turn the various sundries I gathered into coin or barter.  For someone owning the purchasing power of thousands of lives worth of goods this should not be a surprise.

If you want less coin you act less like a hoover, invest more heavily into real estate and philanthropically donate to the worlds poor.

@DarkladyLexy: if we kept RRR configured as you suggest, i think godescalcus suggestion is too low.

With hardcore trade and barter settings, Reddvilz proposition seems good

With normal trade and barter settings, yours could be a good option.

Maybe it will be simpler to put an explanation which include each values and how to set it  ?

If you must retain only one, I think yours is the best one.

Mods like honed metal or/and loot and degradation add a good source of outgoings and permit to reduce septims accumulation speed ;)