SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

To be honest I have never really had any real issue not quieting and reloading my saves unpon death (others may disagree with me). I too fnd it annoying and i usually forget to do it. The only time I have broken my game is when I have done the bad thing of removing a mod mid playthrough or updated a mod and not read the mod authors installation instruction (yes we are all guility of that one). Personally I find it better to say once you have completed your modding, tested for stability you should stop adding or updating mods and just play.

Yep i must admit that i too level-up my character(using Levelers tower mod) to between 20/30, before i start exploring the world or any dungeon crawling....yes its a cheat, but after how many new starts, changing your build etc, i want to enjoy the game and avoid those pesky early unnecessary deaths. This play through has been my longest and the LOTD museum is looking brilliant. I guess i will do a proper, non cheating play through, before Odessey(LOTD continuum), but that months away LOL

Berndaroy

Summermyst wasn't out when we put the guide together and when it was release we just never bothered changing it.

So I can swap it without issue ?

yes you should be able to.

I'm sure this goes without saying, since it's true for nearly all mods other than pure texture/mesh mods, but don't try removing Wintermyst from a current playthrough.  Even if you unequip all enchanted items before removing Wintermyst and adding Summermyst, it can mess up all your stats and you can end up with skills in the negative.  I tried several times to replace it by doing different things, but it seems like it breaks the savegame without fail.

So I noticed that the guide is still telling us to download the Skysight skins version of followers hirelings and housecarls but we no longer use skysight skins...

FYI, Mizzog just removed his mods from Nexus, so [Followers, Hirelings and Housecarls] is no longer available.

Edited by Eudeyrn

FYI, Mizzog just removed his mods from Nexus, so [Followers, Hirelings and Housecarls] is no longer available.

holy **** he LITERALLY just did that as i was on the FH&H page downloading stuff before i posted that message

Aahhhh that is a might pain in the arse it now means the NPC Retexture Merge for option 2 we provide needs to be redone plus the CR for the Retexture needs to be redone. It really pisses me off when mod authors just pull perfect good mods if they don't want to support them anymore just say that and leave them up.

Ok so since our PC is not up and running i can't sort this out so it's up to Nozzer. I would suggest that you either do your own merge or you just use Option 1 of the retexture until it can be sorted.

holy **** he LITERALLY just did that as i was on the FH&H page downloading stuff before i posted that message

Sent you a PM in case you didn't manage to grab all the files.

It really pisses me off when mod authors just pull perfect good mods if they don't want to support them anymore just say that and leave them up.

Especially when Nexus has The Caretaker for abandoned mods.  You don't have to support an old mod anymore, and you can leave it up for download without it being attached to your account.  I'll see if I can message Mizzog about that option.

Edit: Sent Mizzog a PM

Hello, first of all I wanted to say thank you for all your work, I'm a fan of your mods!  I use Followers, Housecarls, and Hirelings as part of the SRLE Extended: Legacy of the Dragonborn guide, found here: https://wiki.step-pro..._The_Dragonborn.  I can understand you don't want to support your old mods any longer, but have you considered turning them over to The Caretaker?  You can leave your mods up for download without them being tied to your account, so no one should bother you with support requests. 

More details about The Caretaker program can be found here: https://forums.nexus...the-care-taker/

Thank you in advance for considering it!

Edited by Eudeyrn

Especially when Nexus has The Caretaker for abandoned mods.  You don't have to support an old mod anymore, and you can leave it up for download without it being attached to your account.  I'll see if I can message Mizzog about that option.

well yes that could be a good option hopefully he agrees. I am just annoyed that I can't do anything to help out.

anyway on a more happier note, the twins room is painted and Darth had moved there cot into there new room which means no more sleeping with mummy and daddy yay for that.

Now Darth can move on to his next big project building his new studio/Office/Man Cave.

Edit: you know guys i am seriously at the point where i say we dump Option 2 and just go with Windsong and Bijin for NPC Retextures this is certainly make thing easier but still i'll have to leave it up to Nozzer to sort out sorry guys. 

Edited by DarkladyLexy

To be honest I have never really had any real issue not quieting and reloading my saves unpon death (others may disagree with me). I too fnd it annoying and i usually forget to do it. The only time I have broken my game is when I have done the bad thing of removing a mod mid playthrough or updated a mod and not read the mod authors installation instruction (yes we are all guility of that one). Personally I find it better to say once you have completed your modding, tested for stability you should stop adding or updating mods and just play.

Thank you very much for your answer. 

I will keep playing while using F9 so :p

hey, guys with regarding the lost of [Followers, Hirelings and Housecarls] I am pretty sure that only the NPC used from it was the Companion Males and Derkeethus via the CR and the merge (although I am unable to confirm at this point) so if you remove them from those esps it should be OK you continue using Option 2. We will now need to find a decent replacment for lost of this mod.

Edited by Darth_mathias