SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I couldn't find any mention of this on the forum so thought I'd post it. Apparently there's a fix for the dx9 4gb VRAM bug on a recent Windows 10 Fast Ring build. Details are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jfaircloth/35450019362

yeah we know about that but apparently, the new Windows 10 VRAM Fix breaks MO. that is discussed here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12353-just-posted-this-on-windows-10-insider-feedback-hub-please-go-upvote/

Yeah it's just this week fast ring build, the one before worked fine.

I think it's another issue for MO.

MO works by hooking some Windows filesystem calls, so that when TESV.exe tries to access the /data/ directory it sees the virtual file system from MO/mods directory instead.  It's possible the latest fast ring Insiders build adds some security around those hooks which prevents MO from functioning, as part of the changes intended to circumvent ransomware malware.  The issue has been raised to MS, but there is no longer any active development on MO, so it's possible this change will make it into the Fall Creator's Update, in which case Windows 10 support for MO will be broken for everyone.

MO works by hooking some Windows filesystem calls, so that when TESV.exe tries to access the /data/ directory it sees the virtual file system from MO/mods directory instead.  It's possible the latest fast ring Insiders build adds some security around those hooks which prevents MO from functioning, as part of the changes intended to circumvent ransomware malware.  The issue has been raised to MS, but there is no longer any active development on MO, so it's possible this change will make it into the Fall Creator's Update, in which case Windows 10 support for MO will be broken for everyone.

Well, then yet another reason to not use the crappiness that is Windows 10. I seriously can't ever see Tanian fixing MO since he now off dealing with Vortex and getting paid for it. Don't get me wrong it is good thing that the VRAM issue is getting "fixed" but it will suck for all of those peeople that have windows 10 and want to use MO. least I will enjoy the Skyrim community self-implode again.

Plus the joyous Creation Club will hitting soon so fun and games for all to come I foresee in the near future. Have fun Guys now to get back to painting my girls new bedroom.

Well, then yet another reason to not use the crappiness that is Windows 10.

I need Windows 10 for work (software dev) but it's almost to the point where I'm ready to set up dual boot with Windows 7 just for Skyrim.  I'm already used to jumping through hoops for modding Oldrim, what's one more lol

I'm going to try out this guide in my next modded playthrough (when my new pc arrives...) and I was wondering if I could skip the survival mods of the guide, even though they are cosidered 'Core Mods'. I'm just not really into that kind of playstyle  ::P:

I'm going to try out this guide in my next modded playthrough (when my new pc arrives...) and I was wondering if I could skip the survival mods of the guide, even though they are cosidered 'Core Mods'. I'm just not really into that kind of playstyle  ::P:

You should be able to skip things like Frostfall, Campfire, iNeed without too much hassle there not required by the CR.

I have a question Darth, when you played the game, did you recruit the custom followers through EFF in order to have their health etc ?

Since it breaks inigo and sofia's horses i'm not sure if I should.

To be honest it's been so long since I actually played the game I can't remember but for Inigo and Sofia I would say no as there on there own follower systems (well I know for sure Inigo is).

or mod SSE

I can foresee a lot of people finally making the jump to SSE if MO breaks on Windows 10 and also when Vortex finally drops.

• +1 1

You should be able to skip things like Frostfall, Campfire, iNeed without too much hassle there not required by the CR.

Even if you have to leave them in, you can just disable them from MCM or not enable them in the first place.  I typically leave Frostfall off for the first few levels of a playthrough anyway, because I find enough challenge in the early game without managing exposure.

or mod SSE

I know, I know, I'll get there eventually :)  I'm going to be leaning on your SSE thread when I get around to it, after my current playthrough is complete.  You seem to have already done a lot of good work identifying what is available for SSE.

• +1 1

Thanks for the answer darth.

SSE has no subsurface scattering, can't live with that in a game where you see faces 90% of the time to learn the lore lol.

i'll dual boot personally, if mo isn't fixed.

On another note for Nozzer, uhm I have the issue where dismissed vanilla system/EFF followers gets naked afterwards/lose their inventory, there is a patch on the Extensible follower compatibility collection, if someone ever has that at some point.

Guys and gals hi! i know this might not be the place for this question, but if the so called memory fix will be for win 10 only, then how hard will it be to dual boot win 7 onto my win 8.1 computer. Please bare in mind I'm NOT computer savvy, and would need a lay-mans guide to installing. Also would it be beneficial, as my graphics card is Nvidia GTX 780 3ram + 16 ram that's not being used effectively. I appreciate any feed back and the wiser heads here

Berndaroy

Guys and gals hi! i know this might not be the place for this question, but if the so called memory fix will be for win 10 only, then how hard will it be to dual boot win 7 onto my win 8.1 computer. Please bare in mind I'm NOT computer savvy, and would need a lay-mans guide to installing. Also would it be beneficial, as my graphics card is Nvidia GTX 780 3ram + 16 ram that's not being used effectively. I appreciate any feed back and the wiser heads here

Berndaroy

Youur graphic card has only 3 GB vram so no, it won't be useful, at least I don't think so.

A dual boot is actually pretty easy, you boot on windows 7 installation cd, create another partition on your hard drive for it (64 GB is fine for the system only) and afterwards you'll be able to chose between windows 8.1 or windows 7 during your boot, 99% of the thing is automatized.

if you ever have trouble for your boot menu, or wish to tweak it a bit, there is the software called EASYBCD for that.

the only issue you could encounter would be with the hard drive format, but in most of the cases you should be fine (the installation won't continue if you don't have a proper format so you can't mess up)