How to get Wrye Flash to pick up LOOT bash tags?

DanielCoffey

Question

Is there a way to get Wrye Flash to pick up the LOOT bash tags or do I have to key them manually?

I am finding my Bashed Patch is largely ignoring the majority of Bashed Gats that are needed since it doesn't seem to hook into LOOT. This means I am getting weapons from 20th Century Weapons that are not picking up their correct WMK/CALIBR/FWE stats because Wrye Flash is ignoring their changes.

9 answers to this question

Not that I know of. I have used the Bash tagger script with FO3Edit and then compared the resulting tags to what LOOT has, and I also typically compare then using FO3Edit to check any tags that are different and/or to make sure that the tags seem correct. The bash tagger script writes the tags into the plugin header at the end of the description line after the plugin description.

Cheers. Thanks for the explanation.

I wish Wrye Flash picked up the Effects section properly because as we mentioned a short while ago, there are a load of Effects on things like Purified Water that are simply ignored.

By the way - do you know why the big Blackened patch (the main FWE/WMK/RH/EVE/MMM/PB one) was so many Ingestible records in it that are not needed? Take Buffout for example. That Blackened patch seems more like a Merged patch rather than a Compatibility Patch. It includes almost every Ingestible simply because FWE edited them and does not make any alterations to the record in FWE itself.

Cheers. Thanks for the explanation.

I wish Wrye Flash picked up the Effects section properly because as we mentioned a short while ago, there are a load of Effects on things like Purified Water that are simply ignored.

By the way - do you know why the big Blackened patch (the main FWE/WMK/RH/EVE/MMM/PB one) was so many Ingestible records in it that are not needed? Take Buffout for example. That Blackened patch seems more like a Merged patch rather than a Compatibility Patch. It includes almost every Ingestible simply because FWE edited them and does not make any alterations to the record in FWE itself.

I concur with your assessment of the Blackened Patch. When I had a working FO3 setup before and I looked at the patch I wondered those same things but did nothing further with examining why.

Mator's Smash is, as @Kelmych says coming along nicely, and it may well pay us to all examine how well it does things since I feel it will very soon eclipse Wrye Flash, and its brethren, when it comes to patching.