Bash tag for Purified Water FWE behaviour?

DanielCoffey

Question

I have noticed that drinks like Purified Water do not quench my thirst when Primary Needs are enabled in FWE so I checked the record in FO3EDIT and spotted an oddity...

Fallout3.esm 000151a3 WaterPurified is defined in Fallout3.esm, modified in the UUF3P (for the sound effect) and then has the FWE thirst script added by the FWE Main esm and esp. The thirst script is carried forward in the UUF3P-FWE patch and the Blackened-FWE-MMM-EVE-Project Beauty patch but NOT in the Bashed Patch. The Bashed Patch only reflects the UUF3P change.

What Bashed Tag do I have to apply to which ESP to get the correct behaviour in the Bashed Patch?

Edited by DanielCoffey

7 answers to this question

I suspect it is time for a C&PD Conflict Resolution.esp then like the one in Neovalen's SR:LE guide.

Since the presence of optional mods and merged patches in the C&PD guide would make a single patch practically impossible, it may be better to create one that focusses on the Core mods only then expect players to make their own for polish and personal preferences. These days there are enough guides on xEdit that it is reasonable to expect someone who can successfully follow a huge guide like SR:LE and C&PD to be able to make a custom patch.

I will start to build a personal list of oddities that I think should be in a Conflict Resolution patch and will forward it to you for checking in a few days.

I will also have a look for the issues behind Moriarty (and similar NPCs) wearing toenails under his open jacket which seem to be down to his outfit not being converted to Roberts body type.

There was also a 20th Century Weapon with ridiculous damage (670-ish) which one of the Super Duper Mart raiders used to practically blow my arm off which obviously has been missed from an existing rebalance patch. I'll get the name and look into that too.

Edited by DanielCoffey

"Script" tag should handle that, but all WB versions other than Oblivion one never supported all the possibe tags completely. I guess this is something to be reported to WB devs, but I doubt it'll be fixed any time soon. Noone is working on FO3/FNV version code right now afaik.

A CPD patch would certainly be useful. Deadmano addressed some of the problems in his Wasteland Patch Collection. I've worked on some weapon patches. As you noted, there are a lot of little problems that the bashed patch doesn't handle in FO3, and we can't expect any improvements in Wrye Flash. I'll start compiling some of the issues that I have noticed.

I discovered that the Purified Water (and a few other Ingestibles) were modified by DIFF which is merged into the Bashed Patch.

The Bash.Graphics tag on DIFF.esp "won" since there is no Bash.Effects tag. This meant that the FWE changes to consumables were being trumped by DIFF's pipboy icon changes.

I discovered that the Purified Water (and a few other Ingestibles) were modified by DIFF which is merged into the Bashed Patch.

The Bash.Graphics tag on DIFF.esp "won" since there is no Bash.Effects tag. This meant that the FWE changes to consumables were being trumped by DIFF's pipboy icon changes.

Hmm... that's bad on my part. ::O:  I'll get around to fix that.