SRLE Extended

So recently I dont know what I did but no my MO is creating these backup files that I dont want to be made and I really dont how the setting for them got turned on. I am not sure how  these settings got triggered and nor can I find where in the setting these exists. Does anyone know about this, help lol

post-9035-0-17334600-1468693143_thumb.jpg

darth,

that's great news! SMC in LOTD will be something truly special, and it's good to hear that so many others are on board with this too.

might be time for some to upgrade old vid cards though (Paul666root?)

installing/setting up SMC is not a 1-day process, and it's constantly evolving/updating, so take your time with it; might be a little frustrating finding / organizing all the mods, but when it's done SRLE: LOTD will have the look and feel that it truly deserves!

if I get some time, i'll post some A-B screenshots of SRLE: Extended pre SMC vs post SMC so you can better judge

SMC is a really...subjective thing. I know some folks don't like it at all. I guess the same can be said of all mods, but yeah. Basically you are letting the program choose the textures you want instead of choosing them yourself.

Not sure how well it would work with some mods where we delete some textures (like in SR:LE base).

I've read about it, but I've never used it, so take what I am saying with a grain of salt. Just my thoughts.

well is SMC really needed for a detailed guide as SRLE ? since the textures are really well chosen.

Very few things are NEEDED... SMC is a large visual upgrade.  Whether or not it's worth it is something people have to decide for themselves.  Actually integrating it into an existing SRLEX installation is pretty trivial... the bit that takes time is gathering all the mods.

Darth to help you evaluate I could just archive my Texture Pack directory (the one with all the individual mods) and let you grab it from a private dropbox or something to save you the time of having to manually grab them all.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Very few things are NEEDED... SMC is a large visual upgrade.  Whether or not it's worth it is something people have to decide for themselves.  Actually integrating it into an existing SRLEX installation is pretty trivial... the bit that takes time is gathering all the mods.

Darth to help you evaluate I could just archive my Texture Pack directory (the one with all the individual mods) and let you grab it from a private dropbox or something to save you the time of having to manually grab them all.

that would help with the evaluation yes.

I used SMC awhile back and it is beautiful, but I had a different computer back then and was using STEP Extended.  It is nice.My only issue with it would be that it will be just another pack that we have to keep watch on for changes.  At times SRLE and SRLE-X is daunting enough with all the updates and changes.  I will however cede to the majority with no complaint.