Game freezes when auto reloading after death

RAMbo4250

Question

8 answers to this question

If possible escape out of the auto reload when dead and use manual reload. As playing time in a game increases I have had problems in previous playthroughs of FO3 where the game doesn't exit properly and I needed to use the task manager. I never determined a specific reason for this.

The guide mentions that the auto save options should all be off since using automatic saves can cause problems, especially if there are a lot of plugins. This is related since the problem is that the game engine doesn't always fully clean up when auto saving or when reloading after player death.

All my auto saves are off. I use CASM . So, should I have no auto save option with CASM either? Also when you say escape out of auto reload what do you mean exactly? Use Task Manager? 

I have just observed another issue and possibly may be connected. I am near Mr Manchesters house. I have killed off a number of raiders which caused a level up. When I click my chosen perk the game freezes.

Thanks again Kelmych for your quick response. You never disappoint. 

Sadly there seem to be many ways the game engine fails. I have had similar problems where after a long fight I level up and the game stops working properly. I have to reload a save from before the fight and do it again. If the same problem happens again there may be another bug.

What I meant for reload was that as soon as I die I try to hit escape key to get to the main menu and then reload from there.

Sadly the game engine has alot of different bugs that affect different people in different ways. Me for example EVERY TIME I start a game I will always get one random crash some where  and after that I can play with no problems after that. Unless I restart my computer for some reason then it will do the one crash and play fine after wards. This happens to me all the time even playing the game completely stock.

That situation with the level up would not go away so I had to go back to a save that didn't have the bashed patch. Maybe the patch got corrupted or something. Anyway, I will see what happens when I level up from the old save with no bashed patch. I had to do it this way because the saves with the bashed patch wouldn't even load. I hope I didn't screw the game up. I would hate to start all over again. Here's hoping.

Oh, this is so annoying. I can't continue the game. I've got to a point from the old save where I'm to level up to level 5. When I click done after choosing a perk the game immediately hangs and freezes. How can I get past this point? I've tried absolutely everything. Even tried to run the game in compatibility mode. No luck. Damn.