The Return Of The White Wolf (a comprehensive Witcher 3 modding guide)

rootsrat

Right, the massive update is here!

I consider the guide completed for now. I'll probably add/update some new mods in due course, but the guide updates won't be as frequent now. My plan is to start New Game+ and see how the modded game fares there.

I also have a couple of ideas for mods and I'd like to focus on that too. 

Your feedback as always is much appreciated! If you have any ideas or suggestions don't hesitate to post them here. I hope you enjoy using this guide, I put a lot of my time into it and I'm quite proud of the result :)

Now, without any further ado... 

12/09/2015 - MAJOR UPDATE!

i don't get this , i am looking for the hud section in the user file  to edit it  but it is not in  there.

Do i just copy and paste it in there somewhere ? 

If you have everyting on default, the entries won't be shown. You can simply paste them into the file. 

I'll add this information to the guide, well spotted!

1. Did you download the Assorted Mod Patches? If yes:

2. Is your mods.settigs file set up correctly? It should have these entries:

[modAMP]
Enabled=1
Priority=1

[modSilverSwords]
Enabled=1
Priority=2

[modBear]
Enabled=1
Priority=3

[modRelicWeaponsRedone]
Enabled=1
Priority=4

[modFSRestoredIcons]
Enabled=1
Priority=5

[modCiriHair]
Enabled=1
Priority=6

[modHairLodMainNpc]
Enabled=1
Priority=7

Thanks Astakos, it may be that as well. I keep forgetting about this problem, as I've never had it.

Thorgal, try what Astakos suggested and see if that helps. If not, we'll try some troubleshooting.

BTW, cool nick! Not many people know Thorgal! It was a very popular comic book in Poland when I was a kid/teenager, but nobody in the UK (where I live now) seems to know it. 

Thanks , i used to read the whole stack of comics at my friends house ( he had the whole collection ) whe i came over . :p

The trick above sadly did not work .

I did discover that uninstalling friendly hud as well as the assorted mod  patches  makes the game work .

Also one thing i noticed is that pressing R does not pause the game  but makes me use food .

I think you used the same key for both  food and the  pause function .  

Ah, for the "R" key - it's set to use Quickslot Item 1 by default - I completely forgot about that, sorry. I use some extra mouse buttons for the quickslot items. You can change that to "P" in the input.settings, I don't think "P" is assigned to anything by default. Just find-replace this line: "IK_R=(Action=Photomode2inOne)" to "IK_P=(Action=Photomode2inOne)" in the input.settings.

As for the compilation error, here are Friendly HUD and AMP mods that I have installed, place those in your Mods folder and see if that helps. It's definitely Friendly HUD that causes the problem, so it's either a) you installed it incorrectly (corrupted files perhaps?) or something's wrong with the Patch. (Are you using the 2.0 version with only modAMP or the old multi-file version?)

LINK

This should hopefully solve the problem.