The Return Of The White Wolf (a comprehensive Witcher 3 modding guide)

rootsrat

No, I haven't come across this so far. Adding/removing mods mid playthrough does not invalidate the saved games. Bear in mind it is the case for official DLCs - once you save a game with a DLC active you need to keep it for this playthrough.

Right, so I've spent the last few days testing various mods and the Script Merger tool and I must say that I'm not convinced to this tool. I think it's OK to merge 1-2 line scripts, but for more sophisticated scripts and the ones that overlap each other it fails to merge them correctly. I was going to add it to the guide, but I ditched it and I'll continue to provide manually created patches for the mods used in the guide.

I've been also working on my More Realistic Food and Drink mod, balancing out the HP regeneration rates and I think I've finally found a good set up where the food/drink is not OP

Some other mods that I was testing didn't work out  or were too difficult for the script merger to handle. 

In the end, for this update I focused on updating some mods that weren't working correctly due to faulty Script Merger patches and a couple more. 

• 30/08/2015
    • General changes:
    • Guide section changes:
    • Mods Updated:
      • Assorted Mod Patches - Effects-XML
        • New 1.1 version installed to resolve conflict between MRFAD and GILL mods
        • Uninstall the old version and install the new version
      • Assorted Mod Patches - PlayerInput
        • New 1.1 version installed to resolve conflict between PM2i1, Close Cam and HUD Key Toggles
        • Uninstall the old version and install the new version
      • Assorted Mod Patches - PlayerWitcher
        • New patch for PlayerWitcher.ws script installed to resolve conflict between Cutscene Lighting Mod and No Auto Sword Sheathe
      • Buffs Moved to Bottom
        • Mod name changed to Buffs Repositioned
        • File "modBuffsPosition (Bottom)" uninstalled and "modBuffsPosition (Bottom Higher)" optional file installed (to make the bottom row of buffs visible)
      • HUD Key Toggles
        • New 1.02 version installed
        • Uninstall old version and install new version
        • Documents\The Witcher 3\input.settings file edited - delete all the "IK_F4" related entries
      • More Realistic Food And Drink
        • Uninstall the old 1.0 version and install the new 1.1 version
      • No Talk Icon
        • Uninstalled "No Talk Icon (and no button prompt)" optional file and
        • Installed the Main "No Talk Icon" file instead
      • PhotoMode 2inOne
        • New version 2.3.0 installed
        • Uninstall the mod and follow the new instructions
    • Mods Removed:
    • Mods Added:

I though followed the guide to the letter, but apparently I got something wrong:

Error [modenhancedconsolecommands]game\temp.ws(8634): Could not find function 'AddSessionTag'
Error [modenhancedconsolecommands]game\temp.ws(8639): Could not find function 'RemoveSessionTag'
Error [modenhancedconsolecommands]game\temp.ws(10376): Cannot call exec function 'XDPPrintUserStats' from scripts instead of the console.
Error [modenhancedconsolecommands]game\temp.ws(10381): Cannot call exec function 'XDPPrintUserAchievement' from scripts instead of the console.
Error [modenhancedconsolecommands]game\temp.ws(10662): Could not find function 'SetGameProgress'
Error [modspawncompanions]game\npc\npc.ws(1490): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [modspawncompanions]game\npc\npc.ws(2099): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [mod10secsprint]game\player\player.ws(1067): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [modpatch-r4player-1_0]game\player\r4player.ws(7664): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [modpatch-r4player-1_0]game\player\r4player.ws(10291): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [modpatch-r4player-1_0]game\player\r4player.ws(12198): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [modpatch-playerwitcher-1_0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(3154): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [modpatch-playerwitcher-1_0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(3503): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [modpatch-playerwitcher-1_0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(3929): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [modpatch-playerwitcher-1_0]game\player\playerwitcher.ws(4308): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(137): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(150): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(669): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(1973): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\r4game.ws(1566): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatI32'
Error [modhud]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(998): Could not find function 'LogWithLabel'
Error [modhud]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(999): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [modhud]game\gui\hud\hud.ws(1003): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [modmrfad1_1]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(2517): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [modmrfad1_1]game\gui\menus\inventorymenu.ws(2581): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\alchemy\alchemymanager.ws(286): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\alchemy\alchemymanager.ws(290): Could not find function 'LogWithLabelAndValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(144): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(153): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\leveling\levelmanager.ws(223): Could not find function 'LogWithValue'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(250): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatFlt'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(281): Could not find function 'SetCommonStatFlt'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(400): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [content0]game\gameplay\ability\playerabilitymanager.ws(1295): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'
Error [content0]game\player\states\vehicles\usevehicle.ws(1600): Could not find function 'LogWithValueStr'

1. Is this the error you get during script compilation?

2. Can you paste contents of your mods.settings file please.

3. In the meantime try this: uninstall 1 patch at a time and see if the game starts. 

4. Are you using any extra mods that aren't in the guide? 

1. Yes

2.3.4. No need, found this fix:

create a new file called "telemetryKeyword.ws" under "\content\content0\scripts\engine" and paste the following text into it:

/* Copyright © CD Projekt RED 2015 */ import class CR4TelemetryScriptProxy extends CObject { import final function Log( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents ); import final function LogWithLabel( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents, label : String ); import final function LogWithValue( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents, value : int ); import final function LogWithValueStr( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents, value : String ); import final function LogWithLabelAndValue( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents, label : String, value : int ); import final function LogWithLabelAndValueStr( eventType : ER4TelemetryEvents, label : String, value : String ); import final function SetCommonStatFlt( statType: ER4CommonStats, value : float ); import final function SetCommonStatI32( statType: ER4CommonStats, value : int ); import final function SetGameProgress( value : float ); import final function AddSessionTag( tag : String ); import final function RemoveSessionTag( tag : String ); import final function XDPPrintUserStats( statisticName : String ); import final function XDPPrintUserAchievement( achievementName : String ); }

Hi guys,

As i had faced it when ModKit was released, I had done a bit of googling back in time, and read at forums that there is a script called telemetryKeyword.ws missing that causes these compilation errors. I really do not know why some have these errors and some others not but this is what I did to solve these problems.

Alternatively, one can copy TelemetryKeyword.ws from "...\YourModKitDirectory\r4data\scripts\" into "...\YourWitcher3Directory\content\content0\scripts\"

Hope this helps!  ::):

Hi guys,

As i had faced it when ModKit was released, I had done a bit of googling back in time, and read at forums that there is a script called telemetryKeyword.ws missing that causes these compilation errors. I really do not know why some have these errors and some others not but this is what I did to solve these problems.

Alternatively, one can copy TelemetryKeyword.ws from "...\YourModKitDirectory\r4data\scripts\" into "...\YourWitcher3Directory\content\content0\scripts\"

Hope this helps!  ::):

Thanks, I never came across this! I'll add the information to the guide.

5. Btw thank you for the great work with the guide ::):

No problem, my pleasure! :)

Root,

For your information the current version of the W3HC - Witcher 3 Hunter's Config (0.7.7) correctly installs presets that use the new Reshade Framework 1.0.0 but the button 'Install SweetFX' doesn't change to 'Uninstall SweetFX'

It might get confusing for someone that tries a lots of presets.

I've posted this information on mod's page but didn't get an answer yet.

Nice one, thanks for the info. I've been immensely busy with work and didn't really have much time to look into modding or updating the guide. I have loads of mods to test and I want to update some other parts of the guide too. Hopefully I'll find some time this weekend... Watch this space! :)

LATEST UPDATES:

LATEST UPDATES:

Nice ones!

Sit on Demand link redirects to Fast Travel Anywhere mod page.  :;):