The Return Of The White Wolf (a comprehensive Witcher 3 modding guide)

rootsrat

I have the version 1.08.4 and my mod.settings is in the same place as the others and no duplicates

might have to uninstall mods and install all mods again as a last resort :(

OK, check that you have no duplicate folders in Mods directory now. Also, in NMM check if you have 2 versions of the same mod installed at the same time (for example old and new). Do you use any extra mods that are not in the guide. 

Reinstalling all the mods may be quicker than troubleshooting this issue indeed. What you can do is uninstall them ALL in Nexus Mod Manager (don't delete), then go to Mods folder and delete all that's left in there and then reactivate all the mods in NMM. This should help.

First off, thanks for a great guide! 

Secondly, I do have one little problem: Your guide and Assorted Mod Patches currently supports Friendly Hud v7.1, but the oldest available version on the Nexus is 7.2 (latest is 7.2.2), and consequently I'm getting some errors. Could you please have a look at it?

Error [modfriendlyhud]game\modfriendlyhudconfig.ws(279): 'fHUDConfig' is not a member of 'handle:CR4Player'
Error [modamp]game\player\playerinput.ws(1018): Could not find function 'EndExplorationMeditation'
Error [modamp]game\player\playerinput.ws(1418): Could not find function 'EndExplorationMeditation'
Error [modfriendlyhud]game\player\states\explorationmeditation.ws(51): Could not find function 'EndExplorationMeditation'
Error [modfriendlyhud]game\player\states\explorationmeditation.ws(111): Could not find function 'UpdateEffectsAccelerated'
Error [modfriendlyhud]game\player\states\explorationmeditation.ws(149): Could not find function 'MeditationRefill'

Edit: I get the same errors with both Friendly Hud v7.2 & 7.2.2

Edited by lexdon

First off, thanks for a great guide! 

Secondly, I do have one little problem: Your guide and Assorted Mod Patches currently supports Friendly Hud v7.1, but the oldest available version on the Nexus is 7.2 (latest is 7.2.2), and consequently I'm getting some errors. Could you please have a look at it?

Error [modfriendlyhud]game\modfriendlyhudconfig.ws(279): 'fHUDConfig' is not a member of 'handle:CR4Player'
Error [modamp]game\player\playerinput.ws(1018): Could not find function 'EndExplorationMeditation'
Error [modamp]game\player\playerinput.ws(1418): Could not find function 'EndExplorationMeditation'
Error [modfriendlyhud]game\player\states\explorationmeditation.ws(51): Could not find function 'EndExplorationMeditation'
Error [modfriendlyhud]game\player\states\explorationmeditation.ws(111): Could not find function 'UpdateEffectsAccelerated'
Error [modfriendlyhud]game\player\states\explorationmeditation.ws(149): Could not find function 'MeditationRefill'

Edit: I get the same errors with both Friendly Hud v7.2 & 7.2.2

Hey there. Sorry for a late reply. I'm looking into updating this mod to the latest version, watch this space.

Hi root,

Quite an update mate! Hats off to you!  ::):

A few spotted minor updates/errors/typos:

1. Active Witcher Zoom: Has been updated to v. 5.0
  2. No Automatic Camera Centering: Current version should be 1.2 and author should be Keelhauled.
  3. Concept Art Cat Armor: In 05.09.2015 changelog you have mentioned that you will be using the Light version. In the newest changelog there is no mention abt it, still the guide points to v.1.0 which is not the light version. 

Do not think I have spotted anything else...if something missed I will let u know!

Thanks again for this amazing guide!

Sorted now. Active Witcher Zoom stays at version 4.0 for now. It works fine and reading the mod notes the whole mod was redone from scratch. I don't have enough time to properly look into updating it, as it would require removing old edits from the patch files and replacing them with new ones... I'll get to it at some point probably, as the new camera settings mean I'd be also able to remove Close Cam mod.

Also:

24/09/2015

• General changes
    • Added input.settings file modification to Configuration Files Edits section - please follow the instructions!
  • Guide section changes
  • Mods Updated
    • Assorted Mod Patches
      • New 2.2 version released to support Friendly HUD 7.2.3
      • Uninstall the old version and install the new one
    • Friendly HUD
      • Updated to version 7.2.3
      • Uninstall the old version and install version 7.2.2 normally
      • Manually download 7.2.3 update and copy "content" folder to "\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\Mods\modFriendlyHUD", overwriting the file when prompted
      • Note no mod set up is required anymore, as the ready-made file is provided with Assorted Mod Patches. You can customise the file to your liking there.
    • Lore-friendly Silver Swords
      • Updated to version 0.4.1
      • Uninstall the old version and install the new one
    • Lore-friendly Witchers
      • Updated to version 0.6
      • Uninstall the old version and install the new one.
  • Mods Removed
  • Mods Added

Hello,

I wonder if you can help me out with a problem or a bug I've encounter in Witcher 3? Some monsters are immortel and can't be killed! Their health bar is empty and they can't be killed through console command killall or GTFO (they respawn). I've tried to refill their health bar (targetaddabl or targetbuffme) but nothing works. Have you got any suggestions what I can do? It's driving me crazy really...

Hi there. I never came across this.

1. Did you follow the guide to the letter? 

2. Have you got any extra mods installed that are not part of the guide?

3. Did you use any console commands in game that could potentially cause this?

4. Which monsters are affected? 

5. Does reloading the game help?

Hello,

Thanks you sire for such a quick respons! I'm from Sweden so don't laugh to much regarding my english okay ::): Here comes the answers to your questions:

1. Yes but when I'm reading I've got so many whim I wanna try I sometimes can loose focus...

2. I'm not sure what you mean but I don't thinks so. I've only using mods from Nexus if that what you mean?

3. I've tried out many commands so propably my bad. I'm so curious see...

4. Mostly Waterhags and Forktails

5. Nope

I've tried a script to get rid of the problem but without success because all entities was not removed(I'm no expert on programming, just a stupid greenhorn):

exec function GTFO()
{
var act : CGameplayEntity;
var ent : CEntity;

act = thePlayer.GetDisplayTarget();
ent = (CEntity) act;

ent.Destroy();
}

Thanks a lot for your help! I really appreciate your involment, Andrew

OK, with point 2. I meant if you installed any mods that are not in the guide, for example some level scaling mods or enemy difficulty mods or something similar. Anything that is not in the guide and could affect the enemy health. 

Are you sure the enemies are not just way above your level and you simply are unable to deal enough damage to them?

I've installed a mod that makes the enemies scales with me if that what you mean? My bad again I  guess...

No, the enemies are not way above me. I can see their lvl but their health bar is empty. The Waterhag had lvl 51 and I had lvl 48...shouldn't be a problem. I can't damage them so for instance they burn without loosing health or stamina!!!

Likely got some bug or mishmash in a script or something. I made a clean reinstall of the game but I don't know yet. I'm affraid to mess around with mods again. Is their a way to totally wipe out an enemy through a script better then my clumsy script if the bug occur again?

BTW haven't use Cheat Engine, Trainers, etc. beside Debug Console.

I've installed a mod that makes the enemies scales with me if that what you mean? My bad again I  guess...

No, the enemies are not way above me. I can see their lvl but their health bar is empty. The Waterhag had lvl 51 and I had lvl 48...shouldn't be a problem. I can't damage them so for instance they burn without loosing health or stamina!!!

Likely got some bug or mishmash in a script or something. I made a clean reinstall of the game but I don't know yet. I'm affraid to mess around with mods again. Is their a way to totally wipe out an enemy through a script better then my clumsy script if the bug occur again?

Take a look at the Script Merger mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/484/?)

You might have some mod conflicts that are affecting your game.

Edited by tizgrilo

So you followed my guide and then installed the enemy scaling mod on top of it, yes? Assuming that this is actually the case:

Try adding this to the mods.settings file:

[modNameOfTheEnemyScalingMod]

Enabled=0

Priority=0

This will disable the mod without uninstalling it. See if you the issue persists. If so - it is this mod that causes the problem and I don't think I'll be able to do much, as I don't use it. 

You can:

Take a look at the Script Merger mod (

You might have some mod conflicts that are affecting your game.

and see if any scripts from that mod conflict with any other ones. If so, you can try using Script Merger to create a patch, but bear in mind that you will only need to merge my modAMP and the enemy scaling mod (as modAMP already contains all the others mods merged).

Don't forget to then add this new merged patch entry into mods.settings with priority 1 (and shift all the other ones up 1 priority).

Thank you for your tips and your time. I've tried to follow your advices but without result. This bug of all bugs is so weird it's really driving me crazy. When I played the same saved filed on a computher without a shitload of mods, debug console, etc. I couldn't see or provoke the bug, error, clitch to occur...everything just work fine. So the only possible conclusion is I have a mishmash in my program files of the game somewhere because of all my experimentations and a clean reinstall of the game is the only possible solution. I'm I right?

Then I take it from there with a new, fresh New Game File way from mods, debug console, cheats, etc. and be happy (or not).....darn it...sorry. And what now...would I dare to use mods or debug console after this?

Btw thank you for excellent sajt with so many usefull tips.

No worries. You don't have to reinstall the whole game. Just rename Mods folder to something else (for example: _Mods) and create a new, empty Mods folder. Rename user.settings, input.settings and mods.settings to something else and then start the game. It will load up with no mods and it will recreate the default setting files. See if your problem still persists. If it's still there - and I'm improvising here - it probably means the save file is bugged and I'd suggest loading earlier saves one by one until you find one without the bug. 

Then you can maybe follow the guide and don't install any extra mods ;)