Skybirds - Airborne Perching Birds

Korentin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roosters at Dawn is already been brought up as a possible "chop" from STEP. If this mod does the same thing as Roosters at Dawn (plays the crowing sound at dawn) then I say we remove Roosters at Dawn and just use this one. Especially since that mod's stability is in question. This is definitely worth a second look.

Roosters at Dawn is already been brought up as a possible "chop" from STEP. If this mod does the same thing as Roosters at Dawn (plays the crowing sound at dawn) then I say we remove Roosters at Dawn and just use this one. Especially since that mod's stability is in question. This is definitely worth a second look.

And since I question the stability of Birds and Flocks as well, we may want to remove that mod in favor of Birds of Skyrim - both that and SkyBirds have good interoptablity.

I'ld say the same. We still would need to do some testing before though.

Also, with Birds and Flocks, you have the immersion breaking ground birds that stop you dead in your tracks bc of the collision with them; this birds should not have collision. I can't tell you how many times I got stuck while running in Whiterun on a stupid bird and had to run around it.

Also' date=' with Birds and Flocks, you have the immersion breaking ground birds that stop you dead in your tracks bc of the collision with them; this birds should not have collision. I can't tell you how many times I got stuck while running in Whiterun on a stupid bird and had to run around it.[/quote']

No, that's 'Birds of Skyrim'. 'Birds and Flocks' only adds birds flying away (no ground models).

Even if this is not added I would like to add the "Roosters at Dawn" should be removed. Seems very outdated. It just does not seem to work no matter how hard I try. Was even spamming my logs when they should not have been crowing. It may just be me, but wanted to add in that input.

Even if this is not added I would like to add the "Roosters at Dawn" should be removed. Seems very outdated. It just does not seem to work no matter how hard I try. Was even spamming my logs when they should not have been crowing. It may just be me' date=' but wanted to add in that input.[/quote']

I also noticed it causing some problems while playing Wyrmstooth after I arrived at the island added by the mod. The only errors in my logs were from this mod. The bad seems to outweigh the good as mod lists grow in number.

I uninstalled Roosters at Dawn and I installed this mod. I noticed more rooster crowing than I expected. There are several comments on the Nexus mod page about spawning too many roosters, and the author is looking to see if there is a problem. I expect it will be resolved fairly soon.

v0.931 is up and fixes the excess spawning of roosters.

Also, re: 'Birds and Flocks':

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2308&pid=36299#pid36299

In light of this, SkyBirds should be tested in both a full STEP installation: one with Roosters at Dawn removed and one with Roosters at Dawn & Birds and Flocks removed. This will tells us if Birds and Flocks is really fixed by SkyBirds.

v0.931 is up and fixes the excess spawning of roosters.

Also, re: 'Birds and Flocks':

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2308&pid=36299#pid36299

In light of this, SkyBirds should be tested in both a full STEP installation: one with Roosters at Dawn removed and one with Roosters at Dawn & Birds and Flocks removed. This will tells us if Birds and Flocks is really fixed by SkyBirds.
Please enlighten me, what exactly is the problem that needed fixing, and how do I notice if it is fixed?