Wattz Laser Rifle iron sights off

DanielCoffey

Question

I have an iron sights issue with the Wattz Laser Rifle (xx00081C) from Project Nevada which Alternate Start gave me when I picked the Rifles weapon choice.

When aiming with RMB, the weapon is held low and to the left but at the instant of firing it snaps to the centre at the correct aim point. It fires at the correct place but is held incorrectly. It appear it may be an old issue from 2011 according to a quick google of "wattz laser rifle iron sights" on the PN thread.

Apparently we should delete the DNAM Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations flag from the ESM which defines it (and all mods that alter it). It ends up in the bashed patch too.

Wattz01.jpg

I can confirm that making the suggested edit fixes the issue.

10 answers to this question

I can also confirm that this is an issue and I have followed the F&LNV guide exactly.
Which ESMs did you have to edit?

EDIT:

Looks like its in "Project Nevada - Equipment.esm", "Project Nevada - WMX.esp" and "Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp" as well as the Bashed Patch you make at the end (which I guess wouldn't have it had I removed this data on those three modules prior to creating the BASH patch).

Perhaps suggest removing the "DNAM - Flags 1 - Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations" in the guide on these three modules to prevent the issue from occuring for other players that follow the guide.

Edited by davo123

Did you figure out a solution to this issue? Sorry but I didn't really understand the things you said about removing the "DNAM - flags 1....." Could someone explain it step by step? I also have this issue and it's a bit annoying at least at the start of the game when you don't have any other weapon.

Did you figure out a solution to this issue? Sorry but I didn't really understand the things you said about removing the "DNAM - flags 1....." Could someone explain it step by step? I also have this issue and it's a bit annoying at least at the start of the game when you don't have any other weapon.

Load up FNVEdit through MO, and only tick "Project Nevada - Equipment.esm", "Project Nevada - WMX.esp" and "Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp"(also the Bashed Patch if you've built one already). Once everything finishes loading, expand "Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp". Now expand "weapon". Click on the Wattz Laser Rifle entry, and scroll down on the right side window until you reach a section labeled "DNAM -". Under "Flags 1", right click on the entry labeled "Don't Use 1st Person IS Animation" and select remove. Do this for all three mods. Once all three entries are deleted, save all three mods FTW. Peep the screenshot for reference. If you do this before you build the Bashed Patch, you won't need to repeat these steps. 

soRg4ue.png

• +1 1

I have the same problem, but did not that that entry to remove in DNAM - -> Flags 1 -> <was blank, I added 'Has Scope'> 

I rebuilt my bashed patch, and still have that issue.

Note, I don't have a Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp, I have a Project Nevada - All DLC.esp and EVE FNV - All DLC.esp.

Edited by j9ac9k