ENBSeries INI Guide

TechAngel85

It can happen now and then that there is a effect one have forgot to turn off.

Hmm weird, guess I need to do some more in depth testing to see why it reacts like that on my side.

I actually have the same problem. I've never actually followed a STEP install (I'm more of a DIY kind of guy ;) ) and have the same problem with the same mod. I've noticed that using the numpad keys does NOT have the same problem though.

Jafin16;

No but the default usage with ENB is without the numpad and then it is completly ignored. At least for me. by default I mean a Skyrim install without mods and only the ENBSeries installed, or mods that do not cause similar bugs for certain users, it would seem.

Now it is defintely worth inestigating now that it isn't only me that it has this issue, might be some setting or even a program running in the background that doesn't like the combination of that mod and ENBSeries for some reason. All just theories now though.

I had the issue back when I was testing out that mod, and it was one reason I dropped it again. Never did any extensive testing on it since I never do alt-tab when I play a bethesda game.. just never worth the hassle imo

If I need that sort of thing these days I just make a windowed mode and edit shaders that way. 

Aiyen;

I still have not gotten around to testing it out to determine a possible cause for it reacting like that.

Yeah precisely, during coding sessions I run in window mode too, and besides why there would be a need of a mod that fixes the alt+f4 issue when a simple "qqq" in the console command works just as well. But I guess it's there because not all users are familiar with the "qqq" command and by habit go for the alt+f4 approach.

All;

Perhaps a Troubleshooting or Tips & Tricks section of the guide would be useful. either in the enbseries.ini guide or linked to it in the enbseries.ini introduction section, just a suggestion.

I'm sorry if I overlooked the guide and there already is such a section, either in the works or implemented, or perhaps in the form of a forum thread.

EDIT;

Added some info to the guide in the section ENVIRONMENT-AmbientColorFilter

Edited by JawZ

Ok then I did overlook the fact that there alread is a troubleshooting section.

Currently I don't see a point in having a troubleshooting guide specifically for enbseries.ini. There might come a time where such a "tool" will be viable to implement, but as it is now it's better to keep the focus on completing the ini guide. And then worry about possible issues that can come up while tweaking the enbseries.ini that would require a page of notes describing why, how and what to do when encountered.

I agree. I figured we'd be further along than what we are but progress is slow going right now, I guess.

The enbseries.ini is kind of a monster when you start getting down to it. I'm going to have more time to help out with this after this weekend too (I hope), so I'll be able to do some additions here and there. I'll have to take a look again and see exactly what's been done so far.

FYI (all contributors on this thread)

We host a Murmur voice coms server here on STEP (Google Mumble client). It seems like some of you might benefit by jumping on and talking over --in real time-- some of what has been discussed on this thread (e.g., modular fx format ... great idea, BTW ... I love standardization!). This way, you all can arrive at a consensus much faster and clear up any previous miscommunications. The voice server is always up, and we use it occasionally, but there is plenty of room to host up to 20 connections at any given time.

If any of you want to jump on and discuss some things and avoid typing, yada, yada, Tech or one of the STEP Staff or admins can provide connection details via PM (standard connection, Tech et al, no password please, as this is associated with elevated permissions). Our voice chat is standing by for these purposes.

We have found it to be much more efficient than posting or text chatting ... and it is always nice to 'meet' people you know in the modding scene for the first time, as it enhances the collaborative spirit ;)

I have done a lot of work with enbseries.ini as well, and I wish I could contribute more, but my time is way too scattered right now with site maintenance and RL to commit right now.

FYI (all contributors on this thread)

We host a Murmur voice coms server here on STEP (Google Mumble client). It seems like some of you might benefit by jumping on and talking over --in real time-- some of what has been discussed on this thread (e.g., modular fx format ... great idea, BTW ... I love standardization!). This way, you all can arrive at a consensus much faster and clear up any previous miscommunications. The voice server is always up, and we use it occasionally, but there is plenty of room to host up to 20 connections at any given time.

If any of you want to jump on and discuss some things and avoid typing, yada, yada, Tech or one of the STEP Staff or admins can provide connection details via PM (standard connection, Tech et al, no password please, as this is associated with elevated permissions). Our voice chat is standing by for these purposes.

We have found it to be much more efficient than posting or text chatting ... and it is always nice to 'meet' people you know in the modding scene for the first time, as it enhances the collaborative spirit ;)

I have done a lot of work with enbseries.ini as well, and I wish I could contribute more, but my time is way too scattered right now with site maintenance and RL to commit right now.

The Mumble server is a great reason and it would benefit you three that are discussing the FX files and how you want to implement them; Aiyen, JawZ, and Matso...of course all would be welcome to join. I'm glad Z posted this here, bc I was going to ask him if it would be okay to use it since it seems you guys need a private chat/voice chat to get things ironed out. Whatever gets ironed out in the chat, can be summarized on the thread for all. Just let me know and can provide the detail and you all can pick the best time. Late in the evenings seem to always work better, say after 9PM CST. If we're not all U.S. based it can be more challenging but worth the effort as it gets things done in a short time.

Hate to bust a bubble there but, Swedish here so ~5-6 hours ahead of US folks (or something like that) and my english speech is not in par with my writing skills, understandable and all that but it's good to have easy acces to grammar corrections and not having to go *"uhm", ohm" etc all the time :P

But if Aiyen and Matso is up for it I will try my best to keep up. But perhaps the IRC thing would be a better option, at least from my point of view, and it could or would allow some way of easily making a copy of the general layout we all find to be a worthy way of doing things.

But this is of course if Aiyen and Matso is up for it, I am and I will help out in any way I can.

Edited by JawZ

If a IRC is used, it would be best to create a new and temporary one that can be used just for this project. I don't know if new channels are easy to set up and trash later when they're no longer needed, but it would be best to keep it separate from the rest of the chatter. That would keep the chat focused and on point.