ENBSeries INI Guide

TechAngel85

Well for enbeffect.fx it works really nicely since it has just a single pass... for the multi pass ones it becomes a bit more tricky since there you cant "outsource" everything. 

But yeah I like the idea of building blocks for shaders... already have a nice amount of them... I have considered converting other peoples work into that format as well... but time constraint and general "fun" factor has thus far prevented me from doing it. 

But I do not mind helping out with it if it suddenly becomes a joint effort.

I guess we should also offer a more clean default .fx file selection so people do not have to start to go about and remove all of Boris´s default stuff. Most of it is not really needed at all, and only serves as very basic examples. 

Also as for the SSAO thingy... You could make it so that everything is drawed only of a specific color in just about all of the .fx files if you want too. That way it will look like that up to a certain point. I imagine the way Boris is doing it is to simply prevent any .dds draw calls to be forwarded and then simply view the game as meshes. 

Alright, thanks :p  I was trying to find a way see the effect of reducing sizescale and qualities more easily to find the sweet spot for me and my system between quality and performance. With the reflection effect it's not exactly hard to see problems arise as you lower qualities (lol) but with SSAO I find it a lot harder without bumping AO amount/intensity to stupidly high values.

Just a suggestion for Mod authors that join, it would be nice if everybody had some of your works in your signature on the forum.

Some people may not recognize the names like @Bronze316 at first I thought you were some random person then I looked on the nexus and come to find out you made Seasons of Skyrim ENB True HDR and two other ENB presets. :turned:

Edited by hishutup

Greetings to all my fellow ENB tweakers and tweakettes. :)

Hi, Bronze! Glad to see you joined. Just read the thread if you haven't yet and then jump into the conversation and/or edit the wiki.

@Aiyen and Matso,

I like where this is going! Please continue... :geek:

@Hishutup,

That's true, you guys can edit your signatures on your profile page. I've linked to all contributor's files on the Nexus on the Introduction in the Thank You section. I'll add Bronze's in a moment. I like Bronze's work, especially Seasons of Skyrim.

@Aiyen: Some functions are indeed closely related with specific FX files, like the whole depth of field functionality, and with them it will not work. But minor features (like anamorphic flare, different texture sampling solutions and schemes, like texture atlasing, color and tome mapping functions etc., any that can be used across different files) may be put into separate files. I have already done something like this with aforementioned texture atlasing (or simply texture atlas) in one of the SVI Series releases (link in my signature). As I already mentioned - a functionality that is supposed to be put into a separate file should be a 'black box', with certain input and output, nothing else. That is of course very general, but something for a start I guess (I think I have to make another topic on that metter).

MK

Okay so does anyone have an idea on how to technically do the archive? 

I got no clue how the finer points of wiki or website maintinence is done. Do we want to upload as files or just as plain txt ? 

I guess we could do something like they have done over at the oblivion wiki.

Once we decide on that I guess I can start to upload the files I have and then start to look a bit at what other authors have laying about.

Okay so does anyone have an idea on how to technically do the archive? 

I got no clue how the finer points of wiki or website maintinence is done. Do we want to upload as files or just as plain txt ? 

I guess we could do something like they have done over at the oblivion wiki.

Once we decide on that I guess I can start to upload the files I have and then start to look a bit at what other authors have laying about.

What archive are you talking about?

The collection of functions that we have been talking about, as well as plain files that are easy to start editing etc. In general that sort of stuff. 

It's better to create pages on the wiki and edit those rather than uploading actual files. Tell me what you need exactly and I'll be happy to create the structure.

any INI file maintenance should be enclosed in

tags on the wiki so that it is simple to copy the INI directly. Editing is a little more work on the wiki, but with the pre tags, it is much simpler ... I would just update my personal INI and copy/paste directly between the pre tags on the wiki. All indents will be retained.

Separate functions could be listed on a specific page or they could be created as separate pages and the info could be stored semantically.

If Tech creates the structure as best he can, and all others contribute information either through Tech or directly on the wiki, I will review the structure of the info as it takes shape and organize it all in a meaningful and easy-to-reference way ;)

For now, just get the info out there in any organized and consistent fashion (no files please unless they are images)

All of the shaders and respective functions are just plain text... so I am sure there are many fancy ways that it can be done using a wiki. 

What I was hoping for was some input on how we should do it, what it should contain etc. 

Also what level of documentation are do we want ? I would suggest at least some basic level of documentation if the idea is to allow prospective tweakers etc. to have an easier time playing with the stuff. 

A while back I was tinkering on adding a guide that would show people how to start playing around with my file structure in order to build up the enbeffect.fx file. Essentially starting with a as blank file as possible and then show people how to add in the respective #include statements and call the various functions. 

Never really did get time to do it since every time I was in the mood I redid another of the .fx files instead.