Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

TES4LODGen and CBash worked just fine for me even with OCOCCCM

are you using any RED colored mods or invisible colors?

Are you using cobl races?

Remove these:

Aellis Bashed Delayers v3129C-25946-3-1-29-C
Curse of Hircine Resurrected 4_2_1-35118-4-2-1
CoH 1st Person Anims DR6-35118-0-8
Forli's Vampire Revolution v1.06-45116-1-06

No red mods and none of those with 'invisible' colors. (BTW, I thought those were just a missing blob that was going to be added later). I am using bashed delayers and Vamp Revolution so I'll remove those.

Roberts Body.esp
isn't part of my Guide... where did it come from?

(BTW, I thought those were just a missing blob that was going to be added later). 

yeah.. I haven't decided and I said invisible for some reason...

EDIT: Oops I forgot to set AV Uncapper to RED because there is an issue with how it is packaged

EDIT 2:

NUL references and script errors

should be fine... but I'll look at my install

Edited by hishutup

OK, I'll uninstall that one too. I downloaded another copy of Knights of Revelation and dragged it into Data. Tes4Edit still finds all those errors when you right-click on the esp and 'Check for Errors'.  Sorry, I haven't figured out Chat yet.

The chat is kinda a pain... you have you register your nickname before you can join the room.

Use the name you use on step.

I'll convince phazer11 to produce a better set of directions

I think those errors are perfectly okay in this situation

The chat is kinda a pain... you have you register your nickname before you can join the room.

Use the name you use on step.

I'll convince phazer11 to produce a better set of directions

I think those errors are perfectly okay in this situation

Ok, I grabbed a copy of Teslodgen's logfile after running it, copied it into Notebook and looked for the word "error". It comes up 3 times: All Natural Real Lights (Tesedit shows a circular level list - is that a problem?), Knights of Revelation, and Oblivion Character Overhaul.  I'll test and see how it runs.

For OCO, I had downloaded 207's files directly from his site but I uninstalled those and downloaded the two you put up on copy.com. Still no change in Tesedit.

I wouldn't worry about the errors. I believe they are harmless or it's because tes4edit can't understand it.

As for OCOCCCM, I don't know but I thought I looked to see if there was anything wrong with it and I am almost positive I didn't see anything out of place other than a few very minor issues

Edited by hishutup

I wouldn't worry about the errors. I believe they are harmless or it's because tes4edit can't understand it.As for OCOCCCM, I don't know but I thought I looked to see if there was anything wrong with it and I am almost positive I didn't see anything out of place other than a few very minor issues

I tried a download of Knights Revelation from TesAlliance. The file size was a little different but it gives the same error in Tes4Edit. They point to the Imperial City Arboretum so maybe I'll travel there and see what I encounter. Or maybe I'll have to finish the first knoghts before the error kicks in. Or maybe nothing will happen.

Null errors are fine... They were probably made null so that the quests could hook correctly.

Once I get the performance to a standard that I am happy with Ill probably start testing, in the sense of I'll actually play some of the game.

I just can't stand the low frames like low 20's in some areas

Added

Liquid Water

OBGE Effects

OBGE.ini edits

Tips section

Removed

Water_Reflection_Blur

Enhanced water

Enhanced water si

ShadeMe may also be removed

Changed the color

HUD Alive

Unique Landscapes Compatibility Patches

Roads of Cyrodiil (Patches section)

Edited CBash instructions

Crime: Alarm Distance

Greeting Distance

Will look into other OBGE Effects

If anyone sees something they like please vouch for it

If someone knows something about OBGE then please share because I know little of the tool.
Maybe play with the setting yourself and tell me how it went...

EDIT: this thing is pretty annoying and is a pain to workaround when I got it last time.
I had just clicked Rebuild and this popped up immediately so I believe it to be a false error.
d5b8e20e26.png

EDIT 2:
Restarted Wrye Bash and everything was fine.
Added instructions for Tes4ll

Changed the color

Immersive Prison Sewer Exit

Bash-able Quest Delayers

Oblivion XP Update

EDIT 3:
Added

OBGE Skin - Core

OBGE Physically Correct Sky - Core

OBGE Parallax Occlusion Mapping - Unsure, looked weird on some objects

OBGE Linear/Luminance HDR - Unsure, haven't looked at

Mikes Clothes Replacer v11 - Core

Changed the color

FCOM Convergence - Red -> Orange

EDIT 4:
Planning on slowly adding the most popular overhauls.
This is going to be insane
I am fairly confident in FCOM and the mods that are included but I don't really know about the others. Ibelieve TIE will be incompatible with a lot.

EDIT 5: 
Added

BOSS Rules section - I am not happy with how it is written though.

Edited by hishutup

I've done all the installs to the end before your last OBGE changes, plus there are several other can't-do-without mods that I'm using, like 'Landmarks with Wells', 'Apachii Goddess Store', 'CM Companions', 'HGEC Body' and 'Robert's Male Body'. I looked at mesh program you suggested but it seemed so complicated I just downloaded the Ultimate Landscape super-mesh package and installed it. SO far, the game has been the most stable I've ever had. I can go for hours without a CTD or freeze and my frame rate is very good too, close to 50 usually. That's just with a Rampage II motherboard and a GTX 570 card, so I must congratulate you on your STEP selections so far.

Another tip you should add to your section about Wrye Bash. It has a habit of corrupting 'Oblivion.ini'. When it does and you load the ini into Notepad, all the lines are scrambled together - no line feeds or carriage returns seem to be there. So I have a habit of quitting WRye Bash, clicking on 'Oblivion.ini' and checking to see whether it's scrambled. if it is, I just run a batch file to copy another good version to 'Oblivion.ini'. If your game doesn't start after running Bash, check your ini file.

I do have a couple of minor questions. Which mod installs those darned ghouls I encounter in Dungeons? One second they're 50 ft away, the next they're beside you. Their speed is way too high. Is their any way to just delete those from the game?

Another is the text size for the loading screens being too large and being cut off at the bottom of the screen. Which of the 4 fonts in Oblivion.ini is that font so I can try something smaller?

Another is soul gems. Is there a mod similar to Skyrim's in which lesser souls are NOT placed into bigger soul gems? I hate wasting a Grand SOul Gem on a rat.

Edited by Rudeman

UPDATE: I had a hard drive failure on a RAID 0... Meaning I lost everything. I recovered it but now I am paranoid about data corruption...
Good news, there will be another a rewrite and hopefully fix the TOC issue...

From now on suggestions need to be filled out via the mod forum...
I don't quite agree with this but Z asked me to redirect suggestions to there.
I have posted many examples, if you have questions pm me or go ahead and make the post and I'll fix it if it does need to be fixed. I should have the perms to do that soon.

To save you time
HGEC Body - I refuse to add because I dislike the look
Robert's Male Body - Already done
Landmarks with Wells - fill out a suggestion
Apachii Goddess Store - fill out a suggestion
CM Companions - going to add, fill out a suggestion

Ah, the spaces on the ini... yes that is a thing
that is better dungeons I believe can you grab the formID by using refscope and then compare it to your LO and let me know of the esp that is causing the issue.
I may be able to post a "patch" that will remove them...
I believe I did mention I didn't actually play the game yet, I was... planning to after figuring out a few things...

There needs to be a loading screen xml edit... I'll look around since I cannot try to find a fix myself...

EDIT: add note on placing cleaned esps as a new project...

Edited by hishutup

Can mod suggestions go to the Mods forum from now on...

I am doing a rewrite of the format because there were a few members -@CJ2311- that hated how the non-breaking space affected the TOC. there were a few other issues but hopefully I have found a solution.

I added @Audley's banner he made.

I am going to change the package of a few mods because some are core and they really shouldn't be.

I need to make a  Mods forum for all of the Mods that are in the guide. 

All?

Yes.

Won't that flood the forum?!?!?!

Sadly, yes... I try to do it when there is nothing going on.

So, help is welcomed with making the mod topics. If you screw something up fear not...

I'll just have someone fix it or I'll pm you on what to change.

If you can post the ones that you have made in a post on here.

I know I need to fix the height of the text for Atmospheric Loading screens...

I think the order of the UI and ALS is backwards.

I also am aware of the better dungeons monster issues...

I plan on providing an optional esp with them removed.

If there is something I missed then feel free to post/pm

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hishutup, thanks for this great guide. Finished setting up my modded Oblivion today and played for 3 hours straight: Works like a charm. There's one weird issue though. Every time I start the game it tries to detect my hardware and set the video options accordingly i.e. it acts as if my oblivion.ini does not exist. Since my ini file is set to read-only that's not really a problem and my game remains unchanged. Any idea why this could be happening? 

PS: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure it started happening after running TES4Edit and TES4ll.