Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

Yes I have. Hmm, I had a few mods written down but the mods and their issues seemed to have disappeared.

Better cities will be included but there is a small problem.

Frames per second. 

I get 15 fps on decent hardware.

If ANYONE knows a trick to helps frames on modern systems then speak up or if you know any little trick...

Like:

Limiting the save corruption...

Preventing CTD/ slow downs...

I didn't have save corruption. I set the heap size to 1024 in OSR and it crashes on load. I need to make that page

Edited by hishutup

Have you tried these INI tweaks:

bUseBackgroundFileLoader=1 - Offloads loading textures & meshes etc to another Core. Reduces bottlenecks on IO.uInterior Cell Buffer=12 - Keeps more areas cached in RAM, cuts down on loading timesuExterior Cell Buffer=108iPreloadSizeLimit=104857600 - We have more memory with the 4GB patch, may as well use it

Git them from an old Oblivion modding website, here, if you are interested.

iPreloadsizelimit that one of those contriversial ones

Idk if you have heard but there is a guide that attaches numbers to the vanilla amount like vanilla would be 1 and QTP3 would be 3 and FCOM would be 2...

I need to find it again... If you want to do your own testing I'll gladly appreciate it and I'll make another page with scattered testing... Red will have hers and i'll have mine.... Ill add a section on the page for independents... I had one typed up but I closed the tab :/

I am trying to get through the more popular mods as well as trying to keep my frames up. They seem fine in tamriel but in a city they are terrible ~15-30... Why, I have not idea? Probably engine related because my GPU is sits around 50% when its normally around 90%. Like I keep asking, does anyone have a trick or a try this?

Theres also a lot of inconsistent instructs/ descriptions.

Soire and I need to work these out.

Edited by hishutup

We both have slowed down a little with adding new sections. There are still frequent changes and working out details as well adding (or removing...) tweaks, settings and whatnot in the first part of the guide up to Flora, Grass & Water. Someone pointed TMM out  which has been integrated into the guide and replaces OBMM. Install instructions for mods needing this tool will be adjusted shortly (even, they are the same, just think 'TMM' instead of 'OBMM').

I am still looking for something better than Improved Doors & Flora, Improved Trees and Flora 1 & 2. The bushes and trees look nice, but the flowers are - flat, so to speak, if nice looking from far.

In the next few days I will go deeper into testing boostpatches, OSR, INI tweaks and do on top of that some benchmark-comparisons.

Anyway, whoever likes to contribute, please post here =) We are always happy for tips, corrections, and your experience.

Do not, if you please, directly edit the guide since this might interferes with Hishutup's and my way of tracking things. Thank you.

Cheers

Red

Hello there, I am new and this is my first post. 

I really like what you are doing here. I have tried modding Oblivion in the past following other guides, but always had huge stability issues.  I think this could shape up to be THE ultimate guide to a stable modded Oblivion.  I wanted to let you know my comments and a few small possible edits to the guide so far.

When cleaning the DLC, I did not get the exact number of UDR and ITM that is in the guide for I think 3 of them.  The only one I remember not being the exact number of UDR and ITM as in the guide was Knights.esp.

For Oblvion Stuttor Remover: I think that

" For both variants: open sr_Oblivion_Stutter_Remover.ini in <Steam>SteamAppscommonOblivionOBSEPlugins and adjust following  "

has a minor typo with Data missing and should be changed to:

" For both variants: open sr_Oblivion_Stutter_Remover.ini in <Steam>SteamAppscommonOblivionDataOBSEPlugins and adjust following  "

Hopefully I am not wasting your time.  Thank you very much for your effort so far in making this guide!

Edit:

I am currently stuck on installing Streamline as in the guide. I have never used wyre bash for this purpose when modding skyrim and I am sure that I am missing something silly.  I can't seem to get Wyre Bash to notice that I have modified the data folder.

From what I understand from the guide I should:

1. Go to Under Wyre Bash->Installers, right click->Moniter External->Hit OK once in the window that talks about requiring two refreshes of the data folder (not sure that they mean by "two" refreshers???), I then get a new window saying "You may install your mod, when installation is complete, press Ok".

2. Install Streamline+Patch

3. Press ok again in window in Wyre Bash

But then I get a new window saying no changes were made in data folder, although their is now a Streamline folder and .esp that wyre bash sees when going back to the mods tab.

Edited by nvanderw

As for cleaning mods, I just took the values from BOSS meaning they could be old, I will go ahead and clean them again and put the values that I get

and that whole variations thing is reds... 

and yes you are correct... good catch

we are both becoming more and more blind as the guide comes along.

Format is all over the place but I think we are starting to figure it out.

I cleaned up some stuff... I need to add a new thing I like... BUT

If anyone reads this.... What do you think about the different formats in this section...

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Hishutup/OblivionGuide#Weather.2C_Sound_.26_Lighting

Yes, I know its all over the place. Its because I am trying to find something I like... I hope to hear opinions, suggestions, etc...

Edit:

I am currently stuck on installing Streamline as in the guide. I have never used wyre bash for this purpose when modding skyrim and I am sure that I am missing something silly.  I can't seem to get Wyre Bash to notice that I have modified the data folder.

From what I understand from the guide I should:

1. Go to Under Wyre Bash->Installers, right click->Moniter External->Hit OK once in the window that talks about requiring two refreshes of the data folder (not sure that they mean by "two" refreshers???), I then get a new window saying "You may install your mod, when installation is complete, press Ok".

2. Install Streamline+Patch

3. Press ok again in window in Wyre Bash

But then I get a new window saying no changes were made in data folder, although their is now a Streamline folder and .esp that wyre bash sees when going back to the mods tab.

Hmm... I would have missed that edit if I wasn't lurking though the wiki... At that point you should have made a new post but hey, I saw for whatever reason.

Ok the two refreshes are used to compare.

Wrye Bash makes a list of whats currently in the Data folder and the calculated CRCs...

After installing a mod or whatnot it then checks again and making a list...

Wrye Bash will then compare the lists to see what has changed.

Anything that was changed will be moved to a mod project (basically its a plain folder in the Bash installers folder)

The reason for Wrye Bash not picking anything up is probably because you didn't set the correct folder...

The .exe are self extracting archives. 

You need to tell the extractor where to put the files. 

In this case you want them in the Oblivion's Data folder

I hope I answered your question and didn't beat around the bush

EDIT: Im still open to suggestions for the page design, mod recommendations, general helping out and anything really. PM me if you don't want to make a post here

Edited by hishutup

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't sure whether to make a new post and then later I tried to delete that edit but couldn't after figuring it out. Either way now I understand how to use Wyre Bash which is really nice.  Since MO is the primary mod manager for Skyrim, I never had to learn much about Wyre Bash past the bashed patch prior to modding only skyrim, and I imagine a bunch of newcomers who stumble onto your guide after the next steam sale or after completing a STEP install will be in the same boat.  Reading a few parts of the Wrye Bash guide in this wiki was very important (This is almost mentioned in your guide to do so).  I ended up installing  everytihng in your guide besides a few of the things in red, as well as the TESLODgen kinda scares me.  It looks really good and I was getting great fps on a 7970+ i7 930! I will however wait to do a complete playthrough until this guide is complete. 

On another note,

I tried making the batched patch and evidently did something wrong.  I will edit this with more details when I get home.

ah... I know whats up with the bashed patch in the CBash

uncheck cobl catalogs

I wouldn't be afraid of TES4LODGen

I would however be afraid of Tes4LL

I'll get a debug and operation thing together after fix issues and getting back into it

Soire has been AWOL for a week now so... Meh...

I just need input on design decisions but I can't get anyone to be as active as I am or active at all...

So, I put it on hold till something happens or I figure something out

Edited by hishutup