Texture Pack Combiner

Kelmych

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

freche:

I've been running DDSopt on the TPC textures since the first release and I haven't had any problems with them; there aren't any error messages in the log or summary at the bottom of the log indicating broken files or any other problems.

So I'm having some issues with missing textures.

I see that it needs SRO Dawnguard which i will add in when I recompile, and I'm not using Lush Trees, but its showing to be looking for 6 different files of soulgem.dds. Each of the folders has

Soulgemblack.dds

Soulgemblack_full.dds

soulgemcommon.dds

Soulgemcommon_full.dds

Soulgemgrand.dds

soulgemgrand_full.dds

Soulgemgreater.dds

Soulgemgreater_full.dds

Soulgempetty.dds

Soulgempetty_full.dds

Wouldn't all those calls for soulgem.dds overwrite each other or something?

Heres a copy of my log, the soulgems are at the end of the log.

Also I think the paths to soulgemfragments are wrong as well.

XCOPY /Y "OptionalMods\SoulGemsDiffer\04 - Soul Fragments\soulgempiece01.nif"

I think should be OptionalMods\SoulGemsDiffer\04 - Soul Fragements\meshes\clutter\soulgem\soulgempiece01.nif

Im using the manual version of soul gems differ and have my folder to the names specified.

You need to use the Fomod version of Soul Gems Differ to get the right folder names for TPC. Alternatively, you could always rename the folders to the names that TPC expects.

By the way, for those using DDSopt on textures it is probably not a good idea to use DDSopt on the Soul Gems Differ textures since the texture dimensions are not powers of 2.

Now I will take a break. I'm actually relocating in a few days and I'm not sure how long it will take until I'm up and running with a new ISP. I'm a little burnt out anyway so I definitely could use the rest. If any mods are updated then I will definitely update those at least, but I won't be adding any new mods for a little while.

Cool. Have a good break. With regard to other textures that may conflict with Texture Pack Combiner. Do people install these first and then the Combined package to make sure th combined package is used or the other way around. I am thinking HQ College of Winterhold. etc.

Venom, you are welcome. Let's see if it remains though. Starac has been against this project since I first created it, and he's on an all out offensive right now in my PM box, because according to him he "doesn't want to be compared with noobs such as Z4G4 and NebuLa" and that I "don't have permission to use his assets" and thus wants me to remove SRO entirely from the TPC, if I'm to continue the project at all. I'm telling him I'm not "using his assets", and that TPC users will just install the TPC on top of SRO anyway for the same result. I'm not breaking any rules afaik, but the whole thing has just taken the air out of me a little.

It's on my list of things to take a look at, which I haven't gotten around to, but doesn't it modify the vanilla textures though? It would seem bumping surfaces without considering the textures would make little sense, and vanilla enhancements wouldn't work for the TPC.

Good luck with the move Cestral.  I hope you get some relaxation time too!  Your mod is amazing and very much appreciated by thousands.  The community needs more mods like this to make things easier for the average Joe.   Im very disappointed in to hear that about SRO.  I think he is being selfish and unreasonable.  Stay strong.

We all should offer our support for this in other forums as well.