Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I have to admit , Playing with this guides setup is amazing and  i love every second of it  so props from me Essarrbee.

But to be honest i  do miss  NVR" though .

It really helped with as Dracomies puts it "making the world feels less clean and much more nasty .

Hope a solution is found fast .

Regarding the enhanced blood textures mod, it's been a long time since I've played the vanilla game so I'm unsure if this is normally the case, is there meant to be such a small amount of blood when you kill someone without dismembering them? There's generally a small spray of blood (presumably from EVE), a few small splatters, but that's it. Also, does the vanilla game have blood decals on characters?

Another question regarding performance. Using MSI Afterburner to monitor performance, I notice that my GPU usage hovers around 20-25%. With CPU usage, my CPU has 4 cores, and the game appears to mainly use one of them, which goes up to around 90% usage, while the others hover at around 20 or 50. Is there a way to even the usage out, or is it just coded that way? I've made the ini tweaks, but they only make a small difference. I can generally maintain 60FPS when outdoors, but certain areas like the Repconn Facility tend to drop to the low 40s. For what it's worth, I'm using the NVSE_loader executable instead of the 4GB one, because ENBoost doesn't seem to work with the latter.

Posted Image

Edited by Jax765

You need to delete the NPC records from fcomaster.esm, but you can leave the lobotomite npc records if you want.Also, read back in this thread for the bash tags for nvr3.esm and nvr3.esp.

Can you go into a bit more detail  on how to make this work ?

I assume it involves using Fnvedit  to remove the NPC records .

otherwise  i will  wait until it is posted in the guide . 

Edited by thorgal

Regarding the enhanced blood textures mod, it's been a long time since I've played the vanilla game so I'm unsure if this is normally the case, is there meant to be such a small amount of blood when you kill someone without dismembering them? There's generally a small spray of blood (presumably from EVE), a few small splatters, but that's it. Also, does the vanilla game have blood decals on characters?

Another question regarding performance. Using MSI Afterburner to monitor performance, I notice that my GPU usage hovers around 20-25%. With CPU usage, my CPU has 4 cores, and the game appears to mainly use one of them, which goes up to around 90% usage, while the others hover at around 20 or 50. Is there a way to even the usage out, or is it just coded that way? I've made the ini tweaks, but they only make a small difference. I can generally maintain 60FPS when outdoors, but certain areas like the Repconn Facility tend to drop to the low 40s. For what it's worth, I'm using the NVSE_loader executable instead of the 4GB one, because ENBoost doesn't seem to work with the latter.

Posted Image

The engine can only use two cores max. the other 2 cores are running non-gaming stuff in the background. FPS drops are just Bethesda being bad at optimization.

What UI mod is that you are running?

Can you go into a bit more detail  on how to make this work ?

I assume it involves using Fnvedit  to remove the NPC records .

if i cannot figure it out i will simply wait until it is posted in the guide . 

Open FNVEDIT, right click select none. FInd Fcomaster.esm and tick it. When it loads expand FCOmaste.esm and right click the NpC record and select remove. You can't use the playable races patch using this method.

You can also expand the NPC record and just hightlight everything the starts with 00 and delete them. The records that start with anything other than 00 can be left alone. This method will work with the playable races patch.

The engine can only use two cores max. the other 2 cores are running non-gaming stuff in the background. FPS drops are just Bethesda being bad at optimization.

What UI mod is that you are running?

Ah, I see. Well it's not too bad, just a few areas with incredibly **** performance. 

As for the UI, it's cellHUD.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46389/?

Combined with the UI mods included in the guide.

No clue about Director's Chair. I also wouldn't update UIO if you have your UI section working. GSDFan reported a problem. Theoretically you should be able to install Director's Chair without any issues. It would go early in the UI section, like after the Advanced Recon stuff.

Add in Mobile Truck Base if you want to use it. I am at the plugin limit with my testing profile and can't test it till I make a new profile. That isn't going to happen though since I'm in the middle of Beyond Boulder Dome and want to finish it first before doing anything else.