Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

You want two mods in the left pane. The main Fallout Character Overhaul and then the FCO NVR3 assets. Install the FCO NVR3 assets in a separate mod because they may need to be uninstalled when NVR3 updates. If you install them in the main FCO mod then you'd have to reinstall FCO.

EAB,I'm up to the part of installing "ADAM", after installing and running LOOT and then selecting, Edit Metadata, select ADAM complete.esp, then clic LOAD AFTER, you say to clic on Add Plugin.  However,  the 2 you say to add, after clicking on Load after, are already listed in Display box area on the right. They are there before clicking on Add Plugin ...Is this correct, or is something wrong here?

Edited by Falion

Trooper Overhaul-Dragbody.esp LOOT shows as having 4 ITM records.  No info on the mod page about these being needed, so I am thinking cleaning with FNVedit is in order and will go ahead.

EDIT: Made a backup copy of the uncleaned esp, in case you say these ITM's are actually needed.

EDIT-2:  I always disliked the Pip screen distortion in FO3 ( very hard on the eyes ), so I used a mod to remove it in that game.

I  found this mod, https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36255/?

( but I have not downloaded or installed this just looked at it. ) while waiting on a download from the guide.I've always had issues with mods that actually removed the Pip from the wrist in FO3, but the remove screen distortion always worked fine with no issues, but that was FO3.  What are your thoughts on this one single mod EAB? Any possibility to include this mod into the list without any ill effects?

Edited by Falion

I almost ALWAYS have problems when using a handheld pip-boy mod, or removing the pip-boy altogether. : Which is why I love the Omni Hi-Res Pip-Boy mod because it makes the regular pip-boy look SO much better.

@Falion You should be able to use that mod with no problems. I would load it after the Omni Hi-Res Pip-Boy mod though. I am not sure if the mod replaces any of the screen effects, but it will be fine to place that mod you found below any mod that changes the Pip-Boy i.e. Omni Res. 

Speaking of screen effects, I am personally using this mod that removes the blurriness when you pause the game. I am using it with no issues, so this mod may be right up your ally. 

Cheers, Audley

Thanks for the advice, the link and the info Audley, kindly appreciated. ::):

I still want to hear from EAB before attempting the mod I linked. As he mentioned a few posts back, a lot of effort has been done, to get something stable here and I don't want to interject too many variables, that would detract or make the guide install invalid for means of testing stability. If everyone just pops in a bunch of mods not related to the guide, EAB will have no way of knowing what does and doesn't cause issues.

I'm really sticking strictly to the guide, for that reason, however, if EAB says it's ok, then I'll give it a try.  Truly, it's only that the distortion makes my 50 year old eyes really cringe, so if I can remove it safely, I'll be happy.  If EAB thinks that it could be a good candidate as a mod in the guide ( an optional perhaps? ) that would be an even better scenario for those similar to myself. If I wasn't wanting to stick to the guide, I'd just pop stuff in and test to see the results. But then any feedback would be totally invalid.

I'm also concerned with the fact, that this mod I linked, seems to do something concerning the UI and I've re-read the part of messing with the UI once that part has been installed...so....I'm leary about that as well. *shrug* I'm not in a hurry, to get gaming, a day or so more wait won't kill me ( I can play Skyrim ), I'll wait for EAB's clarification before I continue my install. I'd rather be safe than sorry, so much can so easily go wrong in Beth's games, as everyone well knows.

I've helped test for a few projects, in the past and current ( WIP team Vilja Skyrim, no I'm not a codder ), so I also understand how it feels to have something you've put a lot of effort into, work well and then be told, "Hey my game just blew up and won't load or it is CTD's all the time" and then find out after much back and forth, that the person threw in a bunch of mods not knowing what they were doing, or even worse in Skyrim's case, removed them in mid-game and then blame your work for their problems. Which makes you just do this....

Posted Image

Edited by Falion

Those mods just look like texture/mesh replacers, so they wouldn't mess anything up. Usually ESPs are what to avoid since textures/meshes only affect performance and not stability. I've never even thought about the Pip boy screen being distorted. I just always chalked it up to what a 50s aesthetic screen would look like.

I'm not sure why I didn't have those ITMs in the guide. I'll have to look at it later. I just don't have any time lately. Just when I think time is clearing up, something else pops up. I think everyone I know has gotten sick or injured this year. "No, I won't drive you to the doctor grandma, that's what the bus for."

Greetings.Before I start writing my problems with your guide so far I wanted to thank you for putting so much of time of yours in this guide. I am currently following your guide and I am on texture section so I am not even half way there.

First, I've been having problems with ENB Boost.Basically on my first try it didn't work so I decided to have d3d9.dll in my root fallout new vegas folder and in the exe folder.So...it worked but with different effects.

https://postimg.org/image/gpt45p179/

Like this.It has some kind of blur and my d3d9.dll file is causing it, so how should I fix it?

Second its about Darnified UI. I think I installed this UI as instructed but the changes are barely noticable. In fact, it makes game letters really big.

https://postimg.org/image/605mxwdnh/

So I dont even know.When I was instaling this manually trough MO in my first try I forgot to press [Manually] and then [Ok].Instead I only pressed [Ok] and Darnified UI was installed. Only today I noticed what I was suppose to do.

Thanks for you time again.Sorry for a wall of text

Edited by ThomasTheDankEngine

Anyone who may be updating MO to version 1.2.13, please be aware that Non-MO mods now have 'Unmanaged:' listed with the mod in the left pane. This means that the first time you start MO it will put all those mods in the top spaces for priority. THey may be out of order, so you will need to doulbe check.

Also, if you have optimized vanilla textures then you will need to resort them manually for the correct overwrite priority. This is only a minor annoyance, but one that users should be aware of.

MO v1.2.13 seems to work with the latest version of LOOT, v.7 alpha 4. THat is good news for those of us that are using it right now. The UI changes coming to LOOT are going to make it much more user friendly and easy to manage custom load order operations. I still don't recommend the alpha for general users, but beta should be on it's way and will probably be good enough for everyone to try. Just keep an eye out of the beth forums. 

Also, I finally got some time to test the crossbows. I like having them in the game, they add a cool weapon and it's pretty believable that bow technology would be around since arrows are easy to construct. My only gripe is that the special bolts didn't have any description of what they do in the pip boy. I may have to make a patch for that.