Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I installed FCO 2.3.1 according to the newest instructions and during character creation, there are still a lot of really messed up looking pre-made options - sometimes when an option is highlighted the face changes but the hair stays the same (when it seemingly should change also), and other times the skin is purple.  Was the newest version and your newest instructions supposed to fix this?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Are you playing a female? I know for a fact that some of the presets will ONLY work with males. If you play as a female some of the ones that only work with males will make your female character look purple or something strange like that (in character creation). 

Actually drumber PMed me and said deleting the npc records messes up his races. I need to remake the patches for the no npc version to get it all to work.

Yeah, my character has purple hands (sometimes when I reload they have a weird burn-victim texture instead), and some of the eye color options look weird. I decided to revert back to the previous version of FCO, having too many problems with this new one.

Regarding texture optimizing of the mods using DDSOpt.

Does this include reducing Exterior Normal Maps, or is it just referring to Exterior Textures?:

"Poco Bueno

• [*]This mod does not respond well to texture reduction. It may be better to just uninstall the mod if reduced exterior textures are preferred or switch the place of this mod and NMCs Texture Pack."

So should I still put the constraints res to 1024x1024 from 2048x2048 in this step (depending on what the original res is for these, it could potentially be a reduction)?:

• [*]In the top browser bar click [browse] and select the "...Working DirectoryMod Exterior Normal Maps" folder. [*]In the [Constraints] tab change the Resolution-limit to 1024x1024. Lower end systems may need to reduce this even further. [*]Click [Process].

I already did this when I optimized the textures in my mods, switched to the new textures, and started a new game to check them out.  I didn't notice anything that seemed messed up with the textures, but I also didn't know exactly what I was looking for or look at a side-by-side comparison.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

DOes anyone know how to navigate Asian sites? I found some nice looking mods and want to try and download them, but I can't get my translation extension to work on the download page. Here's the site:

https://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-1769437-1-1.html

Those sniper rifles and borderlands guns are pretty nice. Wouldn't mind those Mass Effect 2 armors either.

Okay, Drumber said I could delete all the NPCs from the FCOMaster.esm and it would be okay. I think since Lobotomites aren't covered by NVR3, that I could leave those as well.

To make FCO compatible with Playable Races, open FCOMaster.esm in FNVEdit, expand NPCs, highlight every record that starts with 00, then delete all of them. I had 1520. Leave every record that starts with 01 or 02. Try that out and let me know how it works.

I have been away for a couple days, not paying to much attention to things. I have a lot of work and family stuff going down ATM, so it may be a while if before I can get back to doing guide stuff. By a while, I mean 2-3 days tops, not like weeks or something. 

DOes anyone know how to navigate Asian sites? I found some nice looking mods and want to try and download them, but I can't get my translation extension to work on the download page. Here's the site:

https://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-1769437-1-1.html

Those sniper rifles and borderlands guns are pretty nice. Wouldn't mind those Mass Effect 2 armors either.

I for the life of me cannot figure it out. Translating services are useless. :

Well, I figured out that the u.115 links are the links to the download. But I cannot figure out where to go after that.