Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

But if none of the HUD mods that I installed in FOMM have conflicting files with non-HUD mods, then removing them from FOMM should only mess up the other HUD mods that are installed in MO, right?  If that is in fact the case, and I am reinstalling that whole section anyway, does it matter if it messes up files in mods I am going to delete and reinstall anyway?

Redo NV Uncut merge without unticking re number formids and try that. Well also regen bashed patch.

Yes, letting 'renumber formids' stay ticked seem to fix the issue. That's a relief as we don't need some advanced fix that new users will have a hard time doing. Have you tried the same method for 'Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas'?

"Select FOMM from the executables dropdown in MO and run it.
When FOMM - Fork starts click [Package Manager].
From the Package Manager click [Add FOMod].
Select FlashlightNVSE122 fomod installer-39968-1-22.zip and click [Open].
Select FlashlightNVSE from the Mod List and click [Activate].
When the installer pops up, click [install].
If asked about overwrites, click [Yes to all] then close FOMM - Fork.
In the left pane of MO, go to the bottom of the mod list and right click->Create Mod on "Overwrite".
Type in Flashlight NVSE and click [OK]. Drag the newly created mod folder right behind OneHUD if need be."

I have never had it ask about overwrites when installing this particular mod in FOMM.  Is it supposed to?  This is confusing.  I had it ask about overwrites in every other mod in FOMM where it mentions it, but not this one.

EDIT: Something tells me that I should be doing this after installing OneHUD, but it never says it in the guide - "Double-click "One HUD" and select the Filetree tab.  xpand "menus->main->hud_main_menu.xml", then "right click->Hide"."

Edited by oqhansoloqo

"Select FOMM from the executables dropdown in MO and run it.

When FOMM - Fork starts click [Package Manager].

From the Package Manager click [Add FOMod].

Select FlashlightNVSE122 fomod installer-39968-1-22.zip and click [Open].

Select FlashlightNVSE from the Mod List and click [Activate].

When the installer pops up, click [install].

If asked about overwrites, click [Yes to all] then close FOMM - Fork.

In the left pane of MO, go to the bottom of the mod list and right click->Create Mod on "Overwrite".

Type in Flashlight NVSE and click [OK]. Drag the newly created mod folder right behind OneHUD if need be."

I have never had it ask about overwrites when installing this particular mod in FOMM.  Is it supposed to?  This is confusing.  I had it ask about overwrites in every other mod in FOMM where it mentions it, but not this one.

EDIT: Something tells me that I should be doing this after installing OneHUD, but it never says it in the guide - "Double-click "One HUD" and select the Filetree tab.  xpand "menus->main->hud_main_menu.xml", then "right click->Hide"."

I never had anything ask to overwrite either. It is usually just trying to add stuff to the includeshudmainmenu.xml or whatever it is. I never had it ask, and I never had any problems. The flashlight works just fine for me... except I converted it into a belt one and can't wear it with my armour... (not a bug, as intended by the mod author).

Also, there is a good reason why you don't do it for OneHUD. OneHUD edits various existing HUD elements to make them able to be hidden by OneHUD. I'm pretty sure if you hide the file in OneHUD, when you install uHUD it doesn't like it.

Edited by daemondai

I never had anything ask to overwrite either. It is usually just trying to add stuff to the includeshudmainmenu.xml or whatever it is. I never had it ask, and I never had any problems. The flashlight works just fine for me... except I converted it into a belt one and can't wear it with my armour... (not a bug, as intended by the mod author).Also, there is a good reason why you don't do it for OneHUD. OneHUD edits various existing HUD elements to make them able to be hidden by OneHUD. I'm pretty sure if you hide the file in OneHUD, when you install uHUD it doesn't like it.

You don't want to hide the OneHUD files because they are PN compatible where as other kids are not. The problem is that the PN files do not install unless using FOMM. You might not have overwrites because of the files you hid.

I am just about to extract a BSA from a mod, but already I think you are right about that being the issue.  JIP Companions, which is the extra mod I have been trying to add to my HUD section has a BSA in it.  I think prior to that I had extracted just enough BSAs, so that must be it.  I'll give the confirmation though when it works. 

I am just about to extract a BSA from a mod, but already I think you are right about that being the issue. JIP Companions, which is the extra mod I have been trying to add to my HUD section has a BSA in it. I think prior to that I had extracted just enough BSAs, so that must be it. I'll give the confirmation though when it works.

Check the change log for the BSAs I recommend to extract because of all the more I added.

Yeah, I saw it right before I decided which BSAs to extract.  I generally make all my changes to my mod list as you suggest the changes in your change log - so that I don't miss anything.  I hadn't gotten to that part of the changelog yet, but I happened to notice it today, so I extracted Bison Steve and NVInterior BSAs.  It worked - that's what it was.

Two things I still have to do though are DDSOpt and try to see I can get ENBoost working right using your recommendations (and also all the changes starting with Sept 14).  I'm skeptical about the ENBoost part though because I previously tried all kinds of combinations of settings and all it did was make things worse for me.  Maybe I missed something though and your guide will shed some light on that... maybe.

Some of the mods that you previously removed due to them no longer being available on the Nexus.  Example - Animated Fan.  Are any of these included in other mods now in the guide?  Obviously Better Metal Impact VFX is in EVE now, because you mentioned that in the changelog and removed it due to it being in the other mod... but some of the others that got removed at the time due to just not being on the Nexus anymore will be harder to keep track of (by people who still have them installed, knowing that that only reason you had them removed was just because of availability) if they end up in a future mod.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

No reason to remove Kicho666's mods if you still have them, but since there is no download of those mods right now, I had to remove them. I contacted Kich and even gave him the file since he deleted them from his system, but he has yet to reupload the files. I also deleted the files when I did a complete reinstall. Animated fan is still on the FO3 nexus, so you could convert it if you know how in FNVEdit.

If you extract all the BSAs I say to in guide and having one more makes the game not start, then count the total BSAs, INI BSAs, and plugin BSAs. Those are numbers I need to figure out this damn BSA limit. Also if you could include the number of BSAs that are tickable in the Archives tab and how many you have ticked. That goes for everyone, so I can figure this damn thing out and ask Tannin about it.

Yeah, I saw it right before I decided which BSAs to extract.  I generally make all my changes to my mod list as you suggest the changes in your change log - so that I don't miss anything.  I hadn't gotten to that part of the changelog yet, but I happened to notice it today, so I extracted Bison Steve and NVInterior BSAs.  It worked - that's what it was.

Two things I still have to do though are DDSOpt and try to see I can get ENBoost working right using your recommendations (and also all the changes starting with Sept 14).  I'm skeptical about the ENBoost part though because I previously tried all kinds of combinations of settings and all it did was make things worse for me.  Maybe I missed something though and your guide will shed some light on that... maybe.

Some of the mods that you previously removed due to them no longer being available on the Nexus.  Example - Animated Fan.  Are any of these included in other mods now in the guide?  Obviously Better Metal Impact VFX is in EVE now, because you mentioned that in the changelog and removed it due to it being in the other mod... but some of the others that got removed at the time due to just not being on the Nexus anymore will be harder to keep track of (by people who still have them installed, knowing that that only reason you had them removed was just because of availability) if they end up in a future mod.

If ENBoost doesn't work for you, don't use it. I'll be adding some more clarification for users. The thing about ENBoost, is that if you have a monster gaming rig that will get 60FPS anyway, then it is worth it to avoid a few memory crashes. If you can't get good performance then don't use it.