Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Set both to true and set bfullscreen = 0 in your FNV INI.

You cant alt tab it crashes. Even with the console up. The only place where I was able to load it back up was on the main menu and only half of the time.

I tried doing as EssArrBee suggested, and it has so far worked perfectly fine. No nonresponding game when alt+tabbing back and forth and the game keeps being stable. I'll probably keep using ENB unless I find the performance loss to severe. It really makes the game look absolutely beautiful.

I apologize if this has been discussed prior, but I didn't find anything in search.  Occasionally NPCS will have different neck/face and body hues.  Has anyone else had this issue?

[General]bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles = 1

Its in the guide.

I have that listed last already under General in Falloutprefs.ini

Although i did see it marked as 0 in Fallout.ini.  I switched that too 1, now to check it...

Hopefully, when I implement New Vegas Redesigned 3 it will get much better. Fallout games have had this problem for a while and body replacers seem to exacerbate the problem.

@Everyone:  I finally took a little time and made a rough, rough draft of the DDSopt guide. https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/Fear_and_Loathing_Texture_Optimization

I'm probably going to clean it up a bit and work on the formatting, but it's all there for the most part. I listed the body mods for texture optimization on a preliminary basis, but I may move them to an optional section if they don't work out. I haven't finalized anything yet and didn't have time to test if Roberts and Type3 can be optimized. I imagine if they are kept in a lossless compression format that fidelity will be fine in the normals.

Also, consider skipping Poco Bueno if you need to reduce the size of exteriors. You may just want to switch Poco and NMCs around so NMC loads last. It optimizes quite well, while Poco seems to get washed out and blurry. Look at the sidewalk when going from 2k->1k to see what I mean. That will let the 1k textures from from NMC overwrite the exterior stuff from Poco and everything else from Poco will be fine. If you have greater than 2GB of VRAM disregard this for color maps, only normals should be reduced in size to save that precious VRAM.

Hey guys, I will like to find out if anyone can assist me with my problem. It seems I have incurred the wrath of Mod Organizers virtual file system. This was when I went back try to redo the interface installation part. But now it seems that Mod organizer has an invisible HUDMainMenu.xml file and Startmenu.xml file. Is there any hope for my F:NV installation. The error occurs when I launch the fomm fork from Mod Organizer, reactivate the Unified HUD Project. As after i exit FOMM, it appears to dump the files in my overwrite but make them inaccessible to move into a folder. I know very little of Mod organizer workings but perhaps I could solve this through launching a file explorer from within MO. If anyone has the slightest idea as too what I should do next, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey guys, I will like to find out if anyone can assist me with my problem. It seems I have incurred the wrath of Mod Organizers virtual file system. This was when I went back try to redo the interface installation part. But now it seems that Mod organizer has an invisible HUDMainMenu.xml file and Startmenu.xml file. Is there any hope for my F:NV installation. The error occurs when I launch the fomm fork from Mod Organizer, reactivate the Unified HUD Project. As after i exit FOMM, it appears to dump the files in my overwrite but make them inaccessible to move into a folder. I know very little of Mod organizer workings but perhaps I could solve this through launching a file explorer from within MO. If anyone has the slightest idea as too what I should do next, I would greatly appreciate it.

Try opening the <MO>overwrite folder in windows explorer and moving the files manually to the <MO>modsuHUD folder. If it doesn't work, then it will tell you why. I'm guessing windows got a pissy about something and permissions changed for one of the files or folders and it messing you up. I've had permission issues sometimes and always chalked it up to Windows gremlins.

Try opening the <MO>overwrite folder in windows explorer and moving the files manually to the <MO>modsuHUD folder. If it doesn't work, then it will tell you why. I'm guessing windows got a pissy about something and permissions changed for one of the files or folders and it messing you up. I've had permission issues sometimes and always chalked it up to Windows gremlins.

Many thanks, this seemed to do the trick. Yes Windows probably did ruin the permission. Good solution I can't believe I didn't think of something that simple. Keep up the great work,. Your guide is brilliant and your really doing the Fallout: New Vegas community a massive favour.

Hopefully, when I implement New Vegas Redesigned 3 it will get much better. Fallout games have had this problem for a while and body replacers seem to exacerbate the problem.

@Everyone:  I finally took a little time and made a rough, rough draft of the DDSopt guide. https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/Fear_and_Loathing_Texture_Optimization

I'm probably going to clean it up a bit and work on the formatting, but it's all there for the most part. I listed the body mods for texture optimization on a preliminary basis, but I may move them to an optional section if they don't work out. I haven't finalized anything yet and didn't have time to test if Roberts and Type3 can be optimized. I imagine if they are kept in a lossless compression format that fidelity will be fine in the normals.

Also, consider skipping Poco Bueno if you need to reduce the size of exteriors. You may just want to switch Poco and NMCs around so NMC loads last. It optimizes quite well, while Poco seems to get washed out and blurry. Look at the sidewalk when going from 2k->1k to see what I mean. That will let the 1k textures from from NMC overwrite the exterior stuff from Poco and everything else from Poco will be fine. If you have greater than 2GB of VRAM disregard this for color maps, only normals should be reduced in size to save that precious VRAM.

Is the v2.76 Fallout New Vegas batch files supposed to go into the DDSopt main folder? Can't seem to find a direct instruction for this and don't want to **** something up.

I did a new installation from scratch (once more xD) and phew... thanks for your work SRB!

I've seen there are a few mods with new versions and maybe one or two that do need different installation description. Some were mentioned in the last 10 pages already, but I put them together here for you, maybe helps a bit.

Version-Changes:

NVAC 7.0

YUP 9.0

Reload Game Speed Fix v2.0

HH-Sandstone is actually 1.0

Willow 1.06 + Hotfix 1.06 (merge)

FCO 2.1.3 FOMOD

EVE Final 1.15c (move EVE FNV - NODLC.esp and EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp to optional)

WFO with esp's is actually v2.8a, without esp's the noted version

Special Notes on Someguy Quests Versions:

NVBI: might wanna recommend v1.54 from the old file section, since 1.55 has content opening up for quest 'New Vegas Killer' which is kind of made for a 'bad guy'-playthrough and possibly not compatible within a Core/Extended guide-line targeting all styles of play.

NVBII: v1.47 connects to 1.5x+ Versions of NVBI

Queststarts has been altered to lv10 min. requirement; might be a note worth, that the Someguy quest mods best be played with characters lv20+ (for not so 'anal-... aye' readme readers...)

Additional to both NVBI & NVBII (requires testing): 'Inheritance v1.29' which features an adaptive & lore friendly questline, partially starting out of NVBI.

Installation notes:

I did check conflicting files related to Roberts and Type 3 Body. I've found if the whole section 'Does this make me look fat' is installed prior to 'Looking good, Billy Ray.' may avoids some unwelcome overwrites of the armor contents of both body mods as well Book of Water/Roberts potential conflict can be taken out of the description. Maybe need to move Book of Flesh prior to Book of Steel install. Maybe I am wrong, too, though.

FlashLight NVSE needs to be installed after oHUD and may should be moved in the guide to after oHUD, I've ran into troubles if installed prior and had to reinstall partially the UI section.

Since Dynavision 3 might be something some players would like to install (and really, Dynavision is a basic for me sine I do not use ENB perfomance related =), consider to mention somewhere in the UI guide, that it might be best installed before JIP Mods and before oHUD, so oHUD actually is positioned right after JIP Selective Fire in MO's Left Pane.

Boss/BUM Userrules:

The Userrule regarding 'Animated Fan' is obsolete, Boss does recognise the mod now.

Something to check:

WRP - ChristineCOSRifle.esp ---> can this be moved to optional .esp like the other ones from separate mods (357retex.esp and singleshot_retex.esp)?

Edited by Soire

Is the v2.76 Fallout New Vegas batch files supposed to go into the DDSopt main folder? Can't seem to find a direct instruction for this and don't want to **** something up.

What SRB said but also you want to go through this here first (Organising the Vanilla Textures for Selective Optimization using Batch Files) and you won't f*** up, since the batch file localisation is the same:

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:DDSopt#tab=FNV_QUICK-START_GUIDE

and then go to SRB's mod Optimization page:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/Fear_and_Loathing_Texture_Optimization

Edited by Soire

Kelmych brought it my attention that I put the Vanilla Extracted folder as the folder to extract mods into in Step 4. It should be Mod Extracted.

Also, NVAC is under review for moderation. Does anyone know why or what happened? Queue doesn't seem like the type of guy to steal code.

The line in the FNV Quickstart tab of the DDSopt guide with instructions on extracting the batch files into the "Working folder" is in the paragraph just below the screenshot figure of the contents of "Vanilla Extracted".

Sorry about that, when I couldn't figure out what to do with them I just stopped reading and started searching for 'batch'. I'll be more thorough in my reading onward  :unsure:

EDIT: Seems like while the Update_textures is present in the screenshot of the windirstat window showing "Vanilla Extracted", it isn't present in the guide. Is it because it doesn't need optimising or is it a minor oversight?

Edited by MadOak