Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

That looks outstanding, I love the regime aspect, no spamming stimpacks while paused. I guess bullet time isn't just for shooting anymore, I'll be needing it to "shoot-up" in combat, or proactively use med-x before chad gong a super mutant to a wrestling match.

kinda like it. I certainly like the concept. The sorting ability is brilliant. However, I wish it was within the PipBoy interface, but can't have everything.

Playing devil's advocate for a bit (not trying to bash the mod at all and I realize it's in alpha):

What happens when you're at 10hp, about to die, need to take a stimpak but the monster is closing in because the game hasn't paused by opening the inventory? Even the behavior with SkyUI is that the game is paused. I'm sure hotkeys would work and maybe other solutions but it would be clunky to get used to not having the game paused while trying to grab those stimpaks or chems during a fight.

How about the local/world maps/quests/etc.? Do you still have to open the Pipboy for that? In that case, it's essentially splitting up one immersive interface into 2 which seems redundant.

The beautifully awesome answer would be to add all the functionality of the mod in the video to the PipBoy interface. But again, I imagine there may be limitations to doing that.

I do understand your points, I've thought about most of them myself. As redirishlord said, there'll probably be need for a bullet time mechanic, or an outright time-stop like when using the pipboy, since the gameplay isn't designed for real time inventory checks. Some might say that this actually is how Fallout should be, with the old argument that being a friggin Time Lord is pretty unimmersive, and that this would make you need to be prepared for combat rather than just taking a stim break every time you feel like it getting too hard, again raising the immersiveness. I'm kind of thinking The Witcher here.

I guess this, like many of the features B42, is still in the proof of concept stage and that he might have a few things planned for how to overcome this game design obstacle. Even if he chose to let you keep your Time Lord status, I think it would just be cool to actually be able to see how different armors look on you without the constant opening and closing of your pipboy. And again, the sorting mechanism which I've really missed an alternative for, instead of those [category]:[item name] sorting mods.

And as for the other menus, I do hope he will add them as well to make it all one interface. JIP Fast-Travel made a new interface for the the map alone, so the possibility of the whole pipboy in one new interface wouldn't be impossible, though perhaps hard to fully achieve.

Hot keys would be very helpful. I'm thinking the Project Nevada bullet time (which is fueled by AP iirc?) would allow for some in combat inventory use (which reminds me of the old Space Hulk space marine game that gave you a metered amount of time to queue squad orders). I'm more interested in immersive 1st person shooter type play with RPG & open world elements (not a VATS fan) which also has me enthusiastic about TTW since it will allow FO3 to use the FNV engine.

tl;dr

Great find, can't wait to try it.

On the description page for CAGE, it says that it is not compatible with Roleplayers' Alternate Start. That is what kept me from downloading it. >_>

I have recently fresh installed and would love to use the guide. I am so happy to see that FO:NV is getting some love from the STEP community. I have been inactive because my old HD took a dump... destroying my SR:LE install, which took so many hours to get just right. I am ready to learn and have some fun so I will hit up the guide tonight.

Have you given any consideration to some of the prettier Power Armor mods? There are a couple out there that are phenomenal: 

"XV Enclave Rework" (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44490/)

"Colossus T-49XV" (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42756)

I did have a couple of issues with Project Nevada and More Perks interoperability. The perk in More Perks that gives the Power Armor inertia, did not work with any of the non-vanillia Power Armor that I downloaded. (Item ID issue?) Also, there was usually a patch that allowed the Armors to play nice with PN, but they didn't always work.

As a Power Armor and Heavy / Energy Weapon geek, I would love to see some more energy weapons around! The only ones I have seen that are high-quality are:

"Thor" (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41073

"Murdelizer" (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40035)

"Lamprey" (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42702/)

While there is a lack of weapon mods, I think that these three are well designed, textured, and executed.

I am aware that you aren't taking requests, EssArrBee, but just some things I saw that are outstanding that I believe keeps in line with the STEP theme. Of course, the most important thing is enriching the game experience, and having STABLE gameplay. I would love to help out wherever possible! I have a family and am in the military taking college as well, but I do not neglect my video games. I will warn however that I suck at FNVEdit. Cheers man, and thanks for making the guide.

EDIT: For content

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

Has anyone here used the New Vegas Configator? Admittedly it's been a while since I used it but I'd like to know if anyone has a better idea on the possible improvements and the like you could do with it.

There is a thread for .ini edits that covers the very same adjustments made to the .ini from the configrator menu. TIL that some of them don't even work. O_OIn Mod Organizer, there is an .ini edit tool that allows you to make changes to the .ini from inside of the interface.

Has anyone here used the New Vegas Configator? Admittedly it's been a while since I used it but I'd like to know if anyone has a better idea on the possible improvements and the like you could do with it.

The configurator built into MO is good enough, but I like using the actual INI Editor myself. It's easy.

There is a thread for .ini edits that covers the very same adjustments made to the .ini from the configrator menu. TIL that some of them don't even work. O_OIn Mod Organizer, there is an .ini edit tool that allows you to make changes to the .ini from inside of the interface.

Yeah, many do nothing and people have been claiming for years they do amazing things. All mutlithreading stuff is crap and if the engine even reads that value it probably does something completely different from what is being claimed so you can cause more harm than good using them. Even tweakguides was including them...  ::O:

I'm very hesitant to add any in. the LOD stuff is what I might add in if anything.

Finally Millenia is doing it:

Posted Image

He's been on a tear the last couple months. I gotta git my **** together and get back into F&L pronto. Been playing to much Skyrim, got to level 27 and have had a decent amount of fun playing through Falskaar. Guess it's time to get back to my baby, I can here the screaming on the baby monitor.

This week for sure, updates are coming... before winter.  ::D:

EDIT: Forgot to mention he's doing a SPAS-12 too.  :dance:

Millenias work is just too good to be true. I have to restrain myself from cluttering up my load list with his weapons and just wait for the next release of WNM.

By the way, good to hear you'll be back to working on the guide, I'm looking forward to any update.

Finally Millenia is doing it:

Posted Image

He's been on a tear the last couple months. I gotta git my **** together and get back into F&L pronto. Been playing to much Skyrim, got to level 27 and have had a decent amount of fun playing through Falskaar. Guess it's time to get back to my baby, I can here the screaming on the baby monitor.

This week for sure, updates are coming... before winter.  ::D:

EDIT: Forgot to mention he's doing a SPAS-12 too.  :dance:

Didn't he just do a scout rifle too? I wonder if he is planning on doing a Honey Badger...

EDIT: Not by Millenium, but it's damn nice. https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55872/?

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

I recently set up a FLiNV profile, w/o any texture mods.  I was getting about ~24-29fps outside, dropping to ~12 whenever I look towards the (sun? center of the map? will nail down later).  I've been getting better with a heavily modded Skyrim (~40-45fps).  Disabling Nevada Skies seems to have cleared up the frame rate drop and while it's not exactly stuttering, the framerate is still sluggish and makes gunplay rely heavily on bullet time/VATS.