Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

One of the reasons you get input lag is that my guide is just so awesome that FNV doesn't really crash anymore. Long play sessions= input lag. ::P:

Actually it is because of heap replacement from NVSR and exception handling from NVAC. They suppress so many crashes you play until the game starts finding new ways to big out.

are you potentially going to addFOOK-PN-WME-WMX-EVE Convergencehttps://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54398/and is patching FNV similar to skyrim or is there something that I should know...Is it okay to add the rest of new vegas uncut 1-8 and outside bets or should I only use 1-3

Nv uncut is okay except for the Betsy the Brahmin mod. I will not be doing the PN FOOK convergence since it is basically a guide in its own right.

It does work, but when it takes around 10 seconds for the game to register the console key (Tilde, I think? It's a weird name.) and the game gets to the point where you have to use pcb frequently in the span of 15 minutes it get irritating very fast. If you could post the mods you mentioned I'd be quite grateful.

The mods I'm talking about are Zan AutoPurge Crash Protector, it should automatically purge in a set interval you choose in MCM, though there have been complaints about the interval options being too short. It's also one of "The Big Four" together with FNV4GB, NVAC and ENBoost (will that one be added to the guide by the way?).

There is also PCB Hotkey, which just makes you able to purge by hitting the backspace button. Probably the best option if you don't want it to be in intervals and just when you find it necessary.

But I'll agree with EssArrBee, much of the lag input and such are very likely to be the many fixes in stability from NVAC and others. Gamebryo apparently wasn't made to be played for more than 30 minutes a session without crashing  ::P:

By the way, happy to see we are up and running again!

The script written by obsidian was incomplete or broken since they cut the content. The guy that made the mod never knew about I guess it didn't get fixed. Same thing happen with the toy sentry bot, Yuki fixed the script in YUP.

The script written by obsidian was incomplete or broken since they cut the content. The guy that made the mod never knew about I guess it didn't get fixed. Same thing happen with the toy sentry bot, Yuki fixed the script in YUP.

Found this on reddit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tmgl8dzv2ja55i/fnv%20cut%20stuff.txt

Appearently it's supposed to have been written by moburma80 (the guy who made the uncut series). It's seems like he had a good understanding about the script of Betsy the Brahmin, but he might just not have fixed it that well. It was only bits and pieces, so that could be understandable.

The mods I'm talking about are Zan AutoPurge Crash Protector, it should automatically purge in a set interval you choose in MCM, though there have been complaints about the interval options being too short. It's also one of "The Big Four" together with FNV4GB, NVAC and ENBoost (will that one be added to the guide by the way?).

There is also PCB Hotkey, which just makes you able to purge by hitting the backspace button. Probably the best option if you don't want it to be in intervals and just when you find it necessary.

But I'll agree with EssArrBee, much of the lag input and such are very likely to be the many fixes in stability from NVAC and others. Gamebryo apparently wasn't made to be played for more than 30 minutes a session without crashing  ::P:

By the way, happy to see we are up and running again!

I second this - I haven't tried either mod yet, but they sound like they might be very helpful.  MadOak - have you tried that Zan AutoPurge mod yet?

I second this - I haven't tried either mod yet, but they sound like they might be very helpful.  MadOak - have you tried that Zan AutoPurge mod yet?

I would not use the auto purge. Try the one that lets you control the purging manually. Auto purging could potentially purge things you need from the cell buffers. Only use the manual purge if input lag gets bad.

As EssArrBee says, autopurge can have bad effects. One particular situation I found myself in because of autopurge was in Fallout 3, when I started the Mothership Zeta addon.

<This is my spoiler-tag in case you haven't played Mothership Zeta. I can't seem to access the extended reply options, so this will have to do.>

As I got abducted by the Mothership and appeared on the operation table where the aliens would experiment on you, nothing happened at all. Imagine the creepiness of just lying there with 3-4 aliens just looking down on you with those big, black, cold eyes for several minutes waiting for anything to happen. It felt like being thrown into a creepypasta. This happened every time I would load up my save and try again, just adding to the creepiness.

<This is the end of the spoiler.>

Anyway, I found out, after some research, that the autopurge plugin I had installed, was interfering with the script, as it purged the moment I started the DLC. This is a good example of why autopurge can have bad effects on your game. So go with the PCB Hotkey unless you know when to disable the autopurge. But on that same note I have used Zan's Autopurge on an earlier installment of New Vegas, and experienced no such problems.

kinda like it. I certainly like the concept. The sorting ability is brilliant. However, I wish it was within the PipBoy interface, but can't have everything.

Playing devil's advocate for a bit (not trying to bash the mod at all and I realize it's in alpha):

What happens when you're at 10hp, about to die, need to take a stimpak but the monster is closing in because the game hasn't paused by opening the inventory? Even the behavior with SkyUI is that the game is paused. I'm sure hotkeys would work and maybe other solutions but it would be clunky to get used to not having the game paused while trying to grab those stimpaks or chems during a fight.

How about the local/world maps/quests/etc.? Do you still have to open the Pipboy for that? In that case, it's essentially splitting up one immersive interface into 2 which seems redundant.

The beautifully awesome answer would be to add all the functionality of the mod in the video to the PipBoy interface. But again, I imagine there may be limitations to doing that.